DMN: NFL VP of Officiating: It’s not unreasonable to watch everything Dez did and think

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Once again you are flat out lying. I said there is no conclusive view that shows the ball bouncing off the ground. You keep refusing to acknowledge this fact.

I've acknowledged several times there's conclusive evidence that shows the ball bounce off the ground. What the heck is wrong with you??? :huh:I showed you 2 video's of the same exact sequence from different angles which is what the NFL does when replaying a play. To get an accurate account of what happened you have to look at different angles you should know this if you were a referee. The first video shows Dez reaching the ball out and the ball slamming on the turf. This caused the ball to come loose and bounce up. The problem with that angle is Dez's hand is cupped around the football making it appear to some as if his hand could be under the football when it comes in contact with the ground. The other angle of the same exact shot CLEARLY shows the ball coming in contact with the ground but on that angle Dez's body is in the way so you can't see the ball come loose and bounce. When you look at both angles it's INDISPUTABLE that the ball touched the ground and came loose when contacting the ground.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Let me guess, you think OJ and Casey Anthony were really innocent since that was the verdict too?

You're comparing those verdicts with the Dez call? :facepalm: Where's the video evidence documenting exactly what happened with them? LOL

blindzebra

Reaction score
A lot of what you're saying isn't accurate because you're claiming they got the call wrong when it was reviewed and later confirmed by the NFL to be the correct call.

So explain why the first confirmation said, "Dez did not make enough of a football move?"

By saying this Blandino was using the 3 step process to determine the catch and not your misunderstood falling clause.

So either your "expert" did not know the proper rule or he was pulling an explanation out of his ***.

blindzebra

Reaction score
I've acknowledged several times there's conclusive evidence that shows the ball bounce off the ground. What the heck is wrong with you??? :huh:I showed you 2 video's of the same exact sequence from different angles which is what the NFL does when replaying a play. To get an accurate account of what happened you have to look at different angles you should know this if you were a referee. The first video shows Dez reaching the ball out and the ball slamming on the turf. This caused the ball to come loose and bounce up. The problem with that angle is Dez's hand is cupped around the football making it appear to some as if his hand could be under the football when it comes in contact with the ground. The other angle of the same exact shot CLEARLY shows the ball coming in contact with the ground but on that angle Dez's body is in the way so you can't see the ball come loose and bounce. When you look at both angles it's INDISPUTABLE that the ball touched the ground and came loose when contacting the ground.
Someone needs a dictionary...for it to be indisputable you need to see both in the same view otherwise you are guessing.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
So explain why the first confirmation said, "Dez did not make enough of a football move?"

Blandino could never explain to anyone's satisfaction what a "football move" is or an "act common to the game" so both have been removed from the rule book. It was a mistake by the NFL to ever come up with something that no one even they could explain.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Someone needs a dictionary...for it to be indisputable you need to see both in the same view otherwise you are guessing.

You don't have to see both in the same view because one view can be obstructed which was the case in the frame by frame view. There's no guessing when you have 2 angles of the very same shot that clearly shows everything that happened. There was no guessing involved both angles confirmed the ball touched the ground and came loose upon touching the ground.

StarBoyz83

Reaction score
I always thought it was a catch but I haven't watched in in months until last week. After looking at it again It wasn't a catch. The ball clearly hit the ground and wasn't a catch maintained to the ground.

blindzebra

Reaction score
Blandino could never explain to anyone's satisfaction what a "football move" is or an "act common to the game" so both have been removed from the rule book. It was a mistake by the NFL to ever come up with something that no one even they could explain.

Wow is all I can say. So your rules expert can't explain what anyone that has watched a game can tell you?

Dez turned his body 90 degrees toward the end zone...which is not what someone falling and out of control would do, they would attempt to brace themselves...that is a move common to the game.

Dez changed the ball to his dominant hand in a conscious effort to extend...that is also a move common to the game.

Dez put down his right hand and launched himself toward the goal line...that is a move common to the game.

Dez extended the ball away from his body...again a football move.

For your falling argument to work, why is Blandino even talking about part 3 of the catch anyway? I mean if his steps were not 2 feet down, and him clearly having control of the ball with first 2 and then 1 hand was not control why do we need the 3rd part? Wouldn't he just say that the 3 part process doesn't apply?

So again, he either did not know how to apply the rules or he was making up the excuse as he went.

Rogah

Reaction score
After 7 months of beating this topic like a dead horse and training camp just over a week away it's not worth discussing anymore.
I can't help but notice you literally made 9 posts on this subject within the next 45 minutes after telling us all it's not worth discussing anymore.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I can't help but notice you literally made 9 posts on this subject within the next 45 minutes after telling us all it's not worth discussing anymore.

It's not worth discussing anymore but I have several who want to keep discussing it with me so I'll keep responding as long as they keep replying. I'm only chatting with you because you responded to me.

Rogah

Reaction score
It's not worth discussing anymore but I have several who want to keep discussing it with me so I'll keep responding as long as they keep replying. I'm only chatting with you because you responded to me.
Ah, so you're just one of those that has to have the last word.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Wow is all I can say. So your rules expert can't explain what anyone that has watched a game can tell you?

The guy who claims there's no conclusive evidence the ball came loose is going "Wow" to my comments? LOL You're the one who claims to be a rules expert having refereed for 20 years. You're such an expert you're disputing the ball came loose despite conclusive slo-mo frame by frame video evidence that it did come loose. According to you the NFL has been using replay wrong all these years by using multiple angles to review calls because you're saying for a play it to be indisputable you need to see both in the same view otherwise you are guessing. How's that for insight? :laugh:

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Ah, so you're just one of those that has to have the last word.

I'm being asked questions and responding to them. Trying to stir up something up again? Sounds like it's past your bedtime.

blindzebra

Reaction score
The guy who claims there's no conclusive evidence the ball came loose is going "Wow" to my comments? LOL You're the one who claims to be a rules expert having refereed for 20 years. You're such an expert you're disputing the ball came loose despite conclusive slo-mo frame by frame video evidence that it did come loose. According to you the NFL has been using replay wrong all these years by using multiple angles to review calls because you're saying for a play it to be indisputable you need to see both in the same view otherwise you are guessing. How's that for insight? :laugh:

Ah, yes troll 101, twist others words, ignore all that hurts your weak argument, and resort to insults.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
If Blandino paid this site a visit he might be tempted to go back to stand-up comedy with all the laughs he'll find on this board. There's a wealth of material here to kick start anyone comedy career. :laugh:

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Ah, yes troll 101, twist others words, ignore all that hurts your weak argument, and resort to insults.

What words did I twist? I said there were multiple angles of the play that when pieced together clearly confirmed the ball touched the ground and came loose. You claimed for the play to be indisputable you need to see both in the same view otherwise you are guessing. How is that twisting your words? If you feel that way then the NFL has been using replay all wrong by using multiple angles. If you want to see insults view the comments I receive on a daily basis. You take every serious comment as an insult you must be incredibly sensitive. If you want to see insults read some of the replies I receive on a daily basis.

Last edited:

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score

If you use the word "troll" one more time when responding to me you will be sent out to pasture and off my discussion list.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Responding yes, answering no...running from facts absolutely.

I've provided nothing but facts and used video evidence which conclusively proved the ball touched the ground and came loose. You're making yourself look more and more foolish with every post.