DMN: NFL VP of Officiating: It’s not unreasonable to watch everything Dez did and think

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
highbox-cheers.jpg

Cliff KJJ Clavin​

blindzebra

Reaction score
Even the going to the ground rule is subjective. It reads:
Item 1: Player Going to the Ground.

If a player goes to the ground in the act of catching a pass (with or without contact by an opponent), he must maintain control of the ball throughout the process of contacting the ground, whether in the field of play or the end zone. If he loses control of the ball, and the ball touches the ground before he regains control, the pass is incomplete. If he regains control prior to the ball touching the ground, the pass is complete.

What does it mean to be “in the act of catching a pass,” as opposed to having caught a pass? Because according to the Rules of a completed pass part (a) and (b) were satisfied.

What that means is the part KJJ wants you to ignore, that it becomes the process if control, 2 feet, and a move common to the game are not met first.

Zordon

Reaction score
I wish I could have a fair one with this weasel in a back alley somewhere.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
I believe Dez made an act common to the game and therefore had already completed the process of catching the ball.

But what do I know.

Yes. Exactly!

The idiots on the field and in the booth and in another state should have stopped there. It was a catch. The okay was over.

They are just fudging with us/the cowboys. Just torturing people.

Win 50!

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Yeah, there's a good reason to keep replying.

Irony, thy name is KJJ.

You were stirring things up with me a few weeks ago time to pull the plug on you...CLICK! Another nuisance bites the dust. :laugh:

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
What that means is the part KJJ wants you to ignore, that it becomes the process if control, 2 feet, and a move common to the game are not met first.

Right! One has to be met to make the other right, not the other way around. Dez caught it and if I remember, the ball popped up a little bit while Dez was on his back and he caught it. What I need to understand is when does the receiver catch a pass, make a football move(s) and then he becomes a running back.

And, if a running back fumbles, can he recover his won fumble? But, it was not a fumble because the ball never hit the ground.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
“It’s not unreasonable to watch that play and watch everything Dez did and think, ‘That’s a catch.’ But our rule, which I do feel is a good rule and allows us to be consistent, it’s not a catch because you have to maintain control when you land.”

He's an idiot.

He didn't go up for the ball and fall on the grounds how many steps did he take?

I let this go a while ago... Now blood is boiling again. Fudger!

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score

The only thing I ignore is idiots. I've addressed everything on this topic multiple times over the past seven months including what you just mentioned. You may not be getting tired of talking about this but I am.

Plankton

Reaction score
You were stirring things up with me a few weeks ago time to pull the plug on you...CLICK! Another nuisance bites the dust. :laugh:

Ladies and gentlemen, once again we see an individual without a sense of humor, one lacking any form of self awareness, and always, and I mean, always, having to have the last word. Whether he is right or wrong doesn't matter to him - he will never acknowledge it either way. And, pointing out his errors, hubris and turning a mirror on him is enough to be put on ignore.

Well, at least it's good to get a public proclamation of being added to the inner circle.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
...and another member's common sense outlasts KJJ.

You know? It would be cool to somehow find all those posters that he puts on ignore. I might try and hack in and see if I can find that list.

It would be cool to hang out with those DALLAS COWBOY FANS.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Anyone who focuses on me and not the topic is going on ignore.

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
Ladies and gentlemen, once again we see an individual without a sense of humor, one lacking any form of self awareness, and always, and I mean, always, having to have the last word. Whether he is right or wrong doesn't matter to him - he will never acknowledge it either way. And, pointing out his errors, hubris and turning a mirror on him is enough to be put on ignore.

Well, at least it's good to get a public proclamation of being added to the inner circle.

C'mon in my man, got a tall cool one waiting for ya.

It's a great place to be..............

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Great do us all a favor and put everyone on ignore that way all you can see is the 1% of idiots that agree with your BS.

I'm doing myself a favor you've just been put out to pasture. Watch out for all the turds out there. :laugh: