DMN: Stephen Jones: A lot to like about Kellen Moore, but his play won't influence Cowboys'

Ken

Reaction score
The thing about Moore starting is that they are likely to lose both games and will get the higher draft pick, who just might be the next QB. It disguises tanking as trying out the new guy.

So it will have an effect on the draft plans.

I actually think he gives us a better chance of actually winning one of these two games. Casssell gives us no chance to win....that is the scarey part.

Deep_South

Reaction score
Pillow talk if you ask me, just so a desperate team trades up. No way we draft a QB in the top 10.

Jerry keeps saying Romo has 5 years left, so why create the drama with a rookie?

Perhaps he finally understands we need some of that kind of drama.:)

WPBCowboysFan

Reaction score
When you own a 4 billion dollar organization you can do things that us common folk can't get away with. One of then is saying whatever you want and having folks around you blindly agree and always say "yes boss". What you and I think doesn't even phase them.

While 100% true both still look like idiots

Killerinstinct

Reaction score
I actually think he gives us a better chance of actually winning one of these two games. Casssell gives us no chance to win....that is the scarey part.

Here's the way to evaluate Moore and avoid winning. Starting WR's Butler and Street. Backup RB's get the playing time. Backup TE's. MItchel starting at CB. Chaz Green at RT. It's time to get a look at those young LB's too. Time for some talent evaluation and see who to keep and who to get rid of.

visionary

Reaction score
This is a special year though. We've got freebie extra picks so it doesn't matter what trades we make.

Don't forget that we might have a top 5 pick so we can trade down multiple time and stock pile a lot of them too

visionary

Reaction score
How Moore plays during these final two games will greatly impact his future with the club. Jones said Moore could end up playing his way into being Tony Romo's backup in 2016, but added that either way it won't impact what the Cowboys might do in the draft.

"I think he can certainly influence what we do in a veteran quarterback type situation," Jones said. "I don't know that it necessarily influences our thought process on what we might do in the draft or what we might do looking at a younger quarterback in terms of our future."

http://sportsday.***BANNED-URL***/d...llen-moore-play-influence-cowboys-draft-plans

This guy Stephen, is so smart
Let's make him our GM so we are set for the future

With him picking players and Garrett coaching, we will contend for a long long time

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
While 100% true both still look like idiots

I concur but our perception of them doesn't matter. They are still going to make their outrageous notions be known and then act on them. To them, our opinion matters less than the gum stuck on the bottom of a shoe.

WPBCowboysFan

Reaction score
I concur but our perception of them doesn't matter. They are still going to make their outrageous notions be known and then act on them. To them, our opinion matters less than the gum stuck on the bottom of a shoe.

Yep

Hardline

Reaction score
I hope both QBs are off the board so Jerry cannot take one. A new clipboard holder does not put talent on the field with Romo.
The next Cowboys QB is not in this draft class. The next Cowboys starting QB will be drafted the year after Romo finally hangs up the cleats.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I hope both QBs are off the board so Jerry cannot take one. A new clipboard holder does not put talent on the field with Romo.
The next Cowboys QB is not in this draft class. The next Cowboys starting QB will be drafted the year after Romo finally hangs up the cleats.

This is the guy you have making coffee runs when it's time to draft players.

Okay, well now we have absolutely nothing at QB. Now's the time to start preparing for our future. To the franchise QB fairy!

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score

Could be next year.

2much2soon

Reaction score
Moore is simple auditioning for a back up roll. He doesn't have the size or arm.

Yet Weeden and Cassell both have the size and arm.

How'd that work out?

Lotta people just can't get their heads around someone not being 6'5" and weighing 240 and having the ability to play NFL QB.

Hardline

Reaction score
This is the guy you have making coffee runs when it's time to draft players.

Okay, well now we have absolutely nothing at QB. Now's the time to start preparing for our future. To the franchise QB fairy!

You would absolutely want me in the war room drafting players. I am strictly a BPA guy. Sorry you disagree but this is not the last draft that will have QBs in it.

Hardline

Reaction score
A franchise QB is a rare breed. To think you're going to find one when the cupboard's finally bare is arrogant and ignorant. You get one when you can get one.

There are no franchise QBs in this draft. You are as likely to get a good QB in Wentz as you will with Lynch or Goff. The only reason I would hope the two top QBs are on the board or at least one is for the potential trade up offers you might get offered.