DMN: Stephen Jones: A lot to like about Kellen Moore, but his play won't influence Cowboys'

RS12

Reaction score
How Moore plays during these final two games will greatly impact his future with the club. Jones said Moore could end up playing his way into being Tony Romo's backup in 2016, but added that either way it won't impact what the Cowboys might do in the draft.

"I think he can certainly influence what we do in a veteran quarterback type situation," Jones said. "I don't know that it necessarily influences our thought process on what we might do in the draft or what we might do looking at a younger quarterback in terms of our future."

http://sportsday.***BANNED-URL***/d...llen-moore-play-influence-cowboys-draft-plans

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
The thing about Moore starting is that they are likely to lose both games and will get the higher draft pick, who just might be the next QB. It disguises tanking as trying out the new guy.

So it will have an effect on the draft plans.

mugsybows

Reaction score
im scared that if the browns pick a QB, which by all accounts they will, either jerry or the browns GM,kevin costner, gets on the phone and tries to deal Manziel for a 3rd or 4th and then the cowboys use their first round pick for another position. itll be very interesting to see how this all plays out. i think jerry is still intrigued by Manziel but i dunno if Stephen would let him do it.

Last edited:

erod

Reaction score
As if Stephen would say "Yeah, actually we're looking at taking a linebacker in the first round, and a running back in the second....."

LOL

DCBoysfan

Hardwork and Dedication
Reaction score
Not sure why people still over react to what Stephen or Jerry says, I believe they purposely give misinformation just like the other 31 teams in the league.

Longboysfan

hipfake08
Reaction score
No matter what you weigh all your options in the off season - which is fast approching.
So QB is nothing out of the ordinary.

Killerinstinct

Reaction score
im scared that if the browns pick a QB, which by all accounts they will, either jerry or the browns GM,kevin costner, gets on the phone and tries to deal Manziel for a 3rd or 4th and then the cowboys use their first round pick for another position. itll be very interesting to see how this all plays out. i think jerry is still intrigued by Manziel but i dunno if Stephen would let him do it.

This is exactly what I hope happens.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

This is a special year though. We've got freebie extra picks so it doesn't matter what trades we make.

maxdallasfan

Reaction score
Pillow talk if you ask me, just so a desperate team trades up. No way we draft a QB in the top 10.

Jerry keeps saying Romo has 5 years left, so why create the drama with a rookie?

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
I wish Jerry & Stephen would just shut up. These 2 clowns constantly talking about stuff as if they know anything. :banghead:

When you own a 4 billion dollar organization you can do things that us common folk can't get away with. One of then is saying whatever you want and having folks around you blindly agree and always say "yes boss". What you and I think doesn't even phase them.