DMN Sunday Photos

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
SoTex said:
The ball position shown by Vinny suggests he would be less likely to fumble. It also would be least likely to tip off a defender of the QB's intentions. Vinny could pass, run or hand off with this position. (play action) JMO. :D
The last part regarding play actions is right on the money. Throw or pass? Still don't know.

The other way suggests throw only because the ball is in the wrong attitude to hand off.

Like I said, it looks small, but given the 3 answers I responded to, is it?

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
LaTunaNostra said:
Okay, I just picked up my husband's football and ludciously tried to imitate the grip with my pathetically small hands that measure 6 and a 7/8 inches from wrist to end of middle finger. :D

Holding the ball closer to my chest (that's not quite the same either) gave me a feeling greater of control over the ball (which for me is way too unwieldy to throw more than a few feet), and I THINK my release would be both faster and truer. The other way loses me some time and I have to sort of re-position the ball.

Did I pass, Teach?
You passed.

Did I earn my stripes with the answers in here?

Small thing my foot. Mechanics matter.

LaTunaNostra

He Made the Difference
Reaction score
Hostile said:
You passed.
YAY!!

But I didn't even consider the "defender" fumble aspect. :eek: I guess that makes me Hutch.

Do some more pic analysis, or better yet an analysis of those sets Radiohead reported on.

LaTunaNostra

He Made the Difference
Reaction score
Yeagermeister said:
Just because of the imagery you get an A from me :D
Thanks! I am sending my Professor Hostile a pic of me with a football, just for the sheer nonsense value. The footballl is bigger than I am. But it's for the instructors eyes only. :p

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
LaTunaNostra said:
YAY!!

But I didn't even consider the "defender" fumble aspect. :eek: I guess that makes me Hutch.

Do some more pic analysis, or better yet an analysis of those sets Radiohead reported on.
Hutch points the ball out. Extra credit earned.

Did you notice in that picture that Drew and Tony have chin straps on. Q and Vinny don't. Or that Drew has no star on his helmet yet. Damn straight with that ball position (attitude of ball is right, height is awful, it would cause a "hitch" in hsi throwing motion, rust) he hasn't earned the star yet. Chew him out Sean.

LaTunaNostra

He Made the Difference
Reaction score
Hostile said:
Hutch points the ball out. Extra credit earned.

Did you notice in that picture that Drew and Tony have chin straps on. Q and Vinny don't. Or that Drew has no star on his helmet yet. Damn straight with that ball position (attitude of ball is right, height is awful, it would cause a "hitch" in hsi throwing motion, rust) he hasn't earned the star yet. Chew him out Sean.
Interesting stuff, TH. I will be keeping an eye out for that in photos and whatever video of drills crops up.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
LaTunaNostra said:
Interesting stuff, TH. I will be keeping an eye out for that in photos and whatever video of drills crops up.
That picture offended my elitest heart. :D

Did you read my responses to the other pop quiz answerers? Everyone correctly noticed something different and almost every base was covered. These cats are good.

The play action one was one I thought no one would catch. I wasn't going to say a thing.

Coaches see bad form and yell at players in real time with no film evidence to support. Why someone would think and preach that a still picture tells you nothing is beyond me.

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
LaTunaNostra said:
Thanks! I am sending my Professor Hostile a pic of me with a football, just for the sheer nonsense value. The footballl is bigger than I am. But it's for the instructors eyes only. :p

:( .............

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
LaTunaNostra said:

Thanks for nuttin' Barb... ;)

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
LaTunaNostra said:
I'd share this picture with you guys, but I'm selfish. She isn't kidding about how big the ball is.

SoTex

Giddy Up
Reaction score
Hostile said:
The play action one was one I thought no one would catch. I wasn't going to say a thing.

I saw it in a movie once. ;)

I remember Steve DeBerg doing it better than anyone I have ever seen. He would fake out the camera man with his play action passes.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
SoTex said:
I saw it in a movie once. ;)

I remember Steve DeBerg doing it better than anyone I have ever seen. He would fake out the camera man with his play action passes.
DeBerg was the best I have ever seen at play action. Not joking one bit. It was like magic with him.

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
Hostile said:
DeBerg was the best I have ever seen at play action. Not joking one bit. It was like magic with him.

Deberg was a master at it... Esiason was very good at it as well...

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
trickblue said:
Deberg was a master at it... Esiason was very good at it as well...
Good call. Favre is pretty good as well. Warner not bad.

Still say DeBerg was the best. The way he could put that ball on his hip and fake a handoff was amazing. The camera would be following the runner who was hitting the line meanwhile DeBerg had a WR running free and he would let if fly. Watching the cameras try and find the ball in flight was awesome.

viman96

Thread Killer
Reaction score
Vinnie spins the ball (he is very good at this)

That's what backup QB's are suppose to do. That have to do something on the sidelines :D