News: DMN: Tony Romo and Broncos GM John Elway spotted at House Majority Leader's party

DandyDon52

Reaction score
So you would keep Tony Romo as backup quarterback over adding a premier defensive free agent and gaining a draft pick(even if we cut him, we will get a comp pick.)??
No I would keep him and let him be starter !
let him have one last chance, and see what happens.
He is going to be the healthiest he has been since 2006, he has had a year off now and by TC it will be 1 1/2 years.
He looked good in phil game, so we could be trading away or throwing away a very good QB, possibly better than Dak.

They could also let Dak start some of the games so it isnt a long 16 game season for either qb.

It is just one year !
and you dont know what you will actually get for tony, possibly nothing, and like a comp pick, and that guy is a bust, you got nothing.

robjay04

Reaction score
No I would keep him and let him be starter !
let him have one last chance, and see what happens.
He is going to be the healthiest he has been since 2006, he has had a year off now and by TC it will be 1 1/2 years.
He looked good in phil game, so we could be trading away or throwing away a very good QB, possibly better than Dak.

They could also let Dak start some of the games so it isnt a long 16 game season for either qb.

It is just one year !
and you dont know what you will actually get for tony, possibly nothing, and like a comp pick, and that guy is a bust, you got nothing.

You free up some cap room for the 2017 and 2018 seasons though to build on this defense though....

And we have a pro bowl caliber QB making 700 K

DandyDon52

Reaction score
You free up some cap room for the 2017 and 2018 seasons though to build on this defense though....

And we have a pro bowl caliber QB making 700 K
That is true, but we dont save much on the cap for 2017, That is why I say 1 year.
And building the defense, is a maybe, They may draft defense they may not, they may get FA's maybe not, and then will any of them
be good?
And Dak, probably is a franchise QB, but just one year doesnt prove that for sure.
I would like to see tony now rested for long while get one more shot.

robjay04

Reaction score
That is true, but we dont save much on the cap for 2017, That is why I say 1 year.
And building the defense, is a maybe, They may draft defense they may not, they may get FA's maybe not, and then will any of them
be good?
And Dak, probably is a franchise QB, but just one year doesnt prove that for sure.
I would like to see tony now rested for long while get one more shot.

I would love to see Romo under center again for this team at some point but from a team building prospective, it just doesn't make sense to keep Romo and his full salary when you just proved that you can win 13 games with the guy making 700K.

If Dak was winning games like Tim Tebow won games, I would understand the hesitation but he was reading defenses and improving every week. For example, earlier in the season, so many people were complaining about his lack of a deep ball but he turned that into a thing of beauty by the end of the season. Plus keeping them both just creates a distraction.

We may not save as much in 2017 but 2018 and 2019, we will. Even if it opens the door for one decent pass rusher, it's worth it.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
I would love to see Romo under center again for this team at some point but from a team building prospective, it just doesn't make sense to keep Romo and his full salary when you just proved that you can win 13 games with the guy making 700K.

If Dak was winning games like Tim Tebow won games, I would understand the hesitation but he was reading defenses and improving every week. For example, earlier in the season, so many people were complaining about his lack of a deep ball but he turned that into a thing of beauty by the end of the season. Plus keeping them both just creates a distraction.

We may not save as much in 2017 but 2018 and 2019, we will. Even if it opens the door for one decent pass rusher, it's worth it.
Well dont fret, odds are pretty heavy in Tony leaving, dont know what they will get for him, I just think it is a mistake.
I think only jerry might think like me, but the other 3 want to do what you suggest.
Thing is if you look at our defensive FA acquisitions and draft, last 3 years, it isnt too impressive lol
and people imagine we are gonna get great players , but chances are not so great.

Star Guard_31

Reaction score
I was thinking the same thing but why would Romo be in CA for a political event?

Elway I can see, he went to Stanford and has ties to CA. Seems odd for Romo to be there to me.

I could be mistaken, but I'm pretty sure the victory party was in DC, not California.