News: DMN: Tony Romo and Broncos GM John Elway spotted at House Majority Leader's party

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Well, I would never call your friends dumb, but... lol

Well, some are like nieces and nephews, cousins, longtime friends. That is how much they hate Romo. All I heard from them over the years is that Tony is a choker. I would love for him to go there and prove them wrong but I also would hate to see him in that vile uniform. Screw em....let them suffer with Brock again :lmao:

Venger

Reaction score
Would have been funnier if the original post title had just said "spotted at House party".

Deep_South

Reaction score
Romo and Elway at Kevin McCarthy's victory party in D.C. I really don't know what to make of this, but it certainly seems like an unusual rendezvous to discuss Tony going to Denver. Maybe it's just a coincidence they were both there.

aikemirv

Reaction score
I hope for Romo's sake that he ends up with Denver. There has not been, in recent history, a more unfairly maligned great player than Tony Romo.

I think because of the unfair criticism of Romo that I have come to cheer for him not only as part of the Cowboys but as an individual entity. That probably comes from a prideful part of myself to be able to say I told you so and to shut up all the detractors once and for all. For that reason I will cheer for Romo to win a Super Bowl no matter what.

Oh_Canada

Reaction score
Conditional 4th rounder that escalates based on how far the Broncos go with Romo under center. Playoffs = 3rd, conference championship = 2nd, super bowl = 1st. If Romo misses more than 4 games it stays as a 4th rounder.

Or something along those lines...I'm sure Jerry and Elway could hash it out over a bottle of Johnny Walker

Jerry and Elway have a good relationship. Sure they can work something out.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Romo and Elway at Kevin McCarthy's victory party in D.C. I really don't know what to make of this, but it certainly seems like an unusual rendezvous to discuss Tony going to Denver. Maybe it's just a coincidence they were both there.
Most likely, actually

Cowboysfan917

Reaction score
While it may be a coincidence, I wouldn't be the least bit shocked if it was a wink and a nod meeting arranged by Romo's agent so that it could be passed as a coincidence and not tampering. A chance to meet Romo's family, etc.

I am also of the belief that all of the waffling on Romo playing or not playing and then finally playing in week 17 was the result of a phone call by someone saying "let us see him".

But maybe I just like conspiracy theories

Reactions: AJC

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
One of the biggest offseason storylines for the Dallas Cowboys will be the future destination for quarterback Tony Romo; whether he stays in Dallas or goes elsewhere.
A likely destination could be the Denver Broncos. And it just so happens that Broncos Executive Vice President of Football Operations and General Manager John Elway was photographed with Romo while at the victory party for new House Majority Leader, Kevin McCarthy (Republican-California).

We don't know what was said between the two quarterbacks (well, one retired quarterback), but it certainly can't hurt the chances of an Elway-Romo partnership in Denver in 2017.

Another sign? Broncos wide receiver Emmanuel Sanders singing Romo's praises here.

Continue reading...

Two old faded stars as shills for the powerful. Nothing new here.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
giphy.gif

That's me after 11 years of Romo futility.

Star Guard_31

Reaction score
I'm more concerned with what we get back from the Broncos. I won't be thrilled if we get a 3rd round pick or a washed up DeMarcus Ware back. I'll cheer for any team with Romo as a QB though, barring them playing against Dallas.

I will be absolutely elated if we somehow get a 3rd round pick for Romo.

Ryan Clady -- a premier LT in his prime -- only fetched a 5th round pick, and that was with the Broncos throwing in a 7th round pick to sweeten the pot.

28 year old DeMarco Murray two years removed from leading the NFL in rushing only netted a swap of 4th round picks.

Brandon Marshall only generated a 5th round pick after coming of a couple of 100 catch seasons.

It's not a sellers market when trading players in their prime, let alone perpetually injured 37 year olds.

lane

The Chairman
Reaction score
wrong division to go to..

Mack.. Bosa or Justin Houston would hurt him really bad.

not intentional ..mind you..but Mack is on the verge of being an elite player in this league.

JoeyBoy718

Reaction score
...and then turn around and spend that $5 million savings on a veteran backup QB.

Yep. That's what I've been telling people. Going rate for a decent backup is $5 million. That's what we paid Orton. We'll need to sign a backup regardless because Moore and Sanchez will be free agents.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
Yep. That's what I've been telling people. Going rate for a decent backup is $5 million. That's what we paid Orton. We'll need to sign a backup regardless because Moore and Sanchez will be free agents.

Both of those guys have mentored Dak. Moore travelled on all the road trips even.

Best case here is we convince Moore to join the coaching staff, Sanchez stays, and we draft a backup 5th round or later. It ain't ideal, but we want to continue to surround Dak with guys who helped him

gmoney112

Reaction score
I will be absolutely elated if we somehow get a 3rd round pick for Romo.

Ryan Clady -- a premier LT in his prime -- only fetched a 5th round pick, and that was with the Broncos throwing in a 7th round pick to sweeten the pot.

28 year old DeMarco Murray two years removed from leading the NFL in rushing only netted a swap of 4th round picks.

Brandon Marshall only generated a 5th round pick after coming of a couple of 100 catch seasons.

It's not a sellers market when trading players in their prime, let alone perpetually injured 37 year olds.

True. But none of those were QB's. They're the one player that can take a team from underachieving, and make them contenders. There's a lot of bad QB's in the NFL.

You can't lump non-QB trades in with the position. Come on, now.

I'd give up a third for him if I was a contender that had someone started an Osweiler, and I thought he could stay healthy. I wouldn't think twice about it. He's kind of in a unique situation, where he's basically getting a year off to recover and just workout. That's probably an undermentioned aspect.

I don't really if it's possible to trade a player under the condition that they were going to renegotiate their salary, but if he was willing to cut some salary he'd probably catch some serious interest.

I think a 3rd is realistic if he renegotiates. If not, they'll probably just wait for us to release him.

starcity214

Reaction score
Not sure what some on here have against this guy but when healthy he's great. Period.

Hope he gets himself a ring wherever he goes as long as it isn't against the Cowboys.

Cowboys fans always ask themselves "why do we have such bad luck?", " why can't we ever get the ball to bounce our way?" ....

Just see how they treat a guy that has done nothing but pour his heart out for this team..

If karma is real, Romo will win a superbowl for another team and the boys won't make the playoffs after Dak goes out for the season and Mark Sanchez is the backup..