Do Cowboys have Best WR unit in NFL?

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Some around here are very impressed with 1100 and 7. Best route runner in the league. lol another one not worth the money while his greatness is over exaggerated. A great #1 receiver should be in the neighborhood of 1300 + and double digits. Cooper is not that. Never has been, never will be.

Because you guys are living in this fantasy world that's been created by fantasy sports. What type of production should a wide receiver have with 2 other wide receivers capable of 1k yards? I know in fantasy world it sounds feasible to have 3 guys have 1300 yards but it never happens.

If you want to say Cooper is not a top 10 receiver that's fine. You can even complain about his lack of production in road games....but 9th in the catches in receiving yards and 12th in receiving yards with Dalton, Gilbert and Dinucci for most of the season.......not sure what y'all expect.

Big_D

Reaction score
Because you guys are living in this fantasy world that's been created by fantasy sports. What type of production should a wide receiver have with 2 other wide receivers capable of 1k yards? I know in fantasy world it sounds feasible to have 3 guys have 1300 yards but it never happens.

If you want to say Cooper is not a top 10 receiver that's fine. You can even complain about his lack of production in road games....but 9th in the catches in receiving yards and 12th in receiving yards with Dalton, Gilbert and Dinucci for most of the season.......not sure what y'all expect.

I'm saying compared to other #1 WRs the numbers aren't there. You can compare him to Hopkins in 1 season, but overall the guy doesn't come close.

Cooper in 6 seasons had more than 1100 3 times.

Hopkins in 8 seasons had more than 1500 yards twice, 1400 once, 1300 once, 1200 once, double digit TDs 3 times. I think you're fooling yourself if you think Cooper is in that same category. 1100 and 7.. is solid. It doesn't put him the conversation of best WR in the league no matter who plays opposite.

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
I find it odd you don't find Amari Cooper to be a #1 but the Eagles tried to trade for him because they lacked a #1.....Cowboys actually did and then the Commanders tried to sign him for 100 million....:laugh:

Did you not say teams with #1's don't draft receivers in the 1st round?

And your point that Cooper isn't a #1 was because Andy Dalton couldn't find him the football?

So is Deandre Hopkins not a #1 because of what he did in a elimination game last year against the sorry 49ers? You know when he went :

DeAndre Hopkins 8 catches for 48 yards on 12 targets and 0 touchdowns?

Seems like your rules to being a #1 is anyone but Amari Cooper lol. 1200 Yards makes you a #1 receiver but 1189 means you're not...if only he had those extra 11 yards he would've been a #1 that year lol.

no, I said teams with #1’s and multiple 1000 yard receivers don’t need to draft receivers in the first... unless they’re planning on dumping one

Deandre is a #1 not because he got 1200 one time, because he’s routinely 1300-1500 with 100+ catches. He’s consistently dominant, not 2-3 times a season

jay94

Reaction score
You can't say the best with the Bucs around, they literally have a generational receiver, all be it he's an idiot and likely not quite that still he will be very good, easily better than our second best wr.

65fastback2plus2

Reaction score
Couple different ways to look at it, Minnesota has a 1300 and a 1400 yard receiver. Dallas doesn’t even have a 1200 yard receiver

But I’d put Arizona 1. Hopkins is the best in the world, AJ Green and Larry Fitzgerald are a better 2&3 than any other team has

yup, gimme arizona's WR's every day

3rdEyewarrior

Reaction score
Do Cowboys have the Best WR unit in NFL ?
Where would you rank Cowboys WR unit among the top WR units in the entire NFL ?

After some thoughts, this is how I would rank Cowboys WR unit vs other top WR units.
Thoughts ? How would you rank the better WR units in NFL ?

1) Seattle (Metcalf, Lockett)

2) Cleveland (Landry, Beckham, Higgins)

3) Arizona (Hopkins, AJ Green, Kirk, Fitz)

4) ATL (Ridley, Julio J, Gage)

5) Dallas (Cooper, Lamb, Gallup)

6) Buff (Diggs, Beasley, Sanders)

7) KC chiefs (Hill, Robinson, Hardman)

8) Bucs (Evans, A. brown)

9) Vikes (Jefferson, Thielen)

10) Washington (McLaurin, Samuels)

Honorable Mention:
Green bay (Adams,Vasquez)
Denver (Sutton Jeudy)
Rams (woods, Kupp, Jefferson)
Only if lamb or Gallup become a pro bowler

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Do Cowboys have the Best WR unit in NFL ?
Where would you rank Cowboys WR unit among the top WR units in the entire NFL ?

After some thoughts, this is how I would rank Cowboys WR unit vs other top WR units.
Thoughts ? How would you rank the better WR units in NFL ?

1) Seattle (Metcalf, Lockett)

2) Cleveland (Landry, Beckham, Higgins)

3) Arizona (Hopkins, AJ Green, Kirk, Fitz)

4) ATL (Ridley, Julio J, Gage)

5) Dallas (Cooper, Lamb, Gallup)

6) Buff (Diggs, Beasley, Sanders)

7) KC chiefs (Hill, Robinson, Hardman)

8) Bucs (Evans, A. brown)

9) Vikes (Jefferson, Thielen)

10) Washington (McLaurin, Samuels)

Honorable Mention:
Green bay (Adams,Vasquez)
Denver (Sutton Jeudy)
Rams (woods, Kupp, Jefferson)

At as of right now I think its pretty much a landslide.

Atlanta: Ridley, Julio Jones, Pitts

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Couple different ways to look at it, Minnesota has a 1300 and a 1400 yard receiver. Dallas doesn’t even have a 1200 yard receiver

But I’d put Arizona 1. Hopkins is the best in the world, AJ Green and Larry Fitzgerald are a better 2&3 than any other team has

Both AJ Green and Fitz are washed up. Especially AJ Green. Give me Cooper and Gallup over both those guys.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I'm saying compared to other #1 WRs the numbers aren't there. You can compare him to Hopkins in 1 season, but overall the guy doesn't come close.

Cooper in 6 seasons had more than 1100 3 times.

Hopkins in 8 seasons had more than 1500 yards twice, 1400 once, 1300 once, 1200 once, double digit TDs 3 times. I think you're fooling yourself if you think Cooper is in that same category. 1100 and 7.. is solid. It doesn't put him the conversation of best WR in the league no matter who plays opposite.
Well if you’re saying that Cooper isn’t Deandre Hopkins I never disagreed with that.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
no, I said teams with #1’s and multiple 1000 yard receivers don’t need to draft receivers in the first... unless they’re planning on dumping one

Deandre is a #1 not because he got 1200 one time, because he’s routinely 1300-1500 with 100+ catches. He’s consistently dominant, not 2-3 times a season
Deandre is in a class of his own with about 2 other guys. He’s not the bar for #1 receivers.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
weren't including TEs, just WR unit

I consider Pitts to be a big WR so to speak. I also dont understand why you wouldnt include TE's? Unless its to organically move the Cowboys up your list.

Some of those team like KC DONT have a great 2nd or 3rd WR because they have a great TE.

quickccc

Reaction score
I consider Pitts to be a big WR so to speak. I also dont understand why you wouldnt include TE's? Unless its to organically move the Cowboys up your list.

Some of those team like KC DONT have a great 2nd or 3rd WR because they have a great TE.

Two different positions, .. i'm sure they (KC) would have loved ex-1st rounder Sammy Watkins or
Mecele Hardman to become that break out 2nd WR .. but either that's in you .or it's not.

i'm sure Shannor Sharpe was thought as a Big WR too in several eyes, but he made the HOF as classified
in the TE group.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Two different positions, .. i'm sure they (KC) would have loved ex-1st rounder Sammy Watkins or
Mecele Hardman to become that break out 2nd WR .. but either that's in you .or it's not.

i'm sure Shannor Sharpe was thought as a Big WR too in several eyes, but he made the HOF as classified
in the TE group.

Two different positions? Wow, that was deep.

Both are pass catchers as I see it. Why would it matter if a team doesnt have a good 3rd WR when they have a pro bowl TE?

My thinking is you left out TE's on purpose so you could prop the Cowboys up on the list. Seeing as though they dont have a great TE and some other teams do.

quickccc

Reaction score
Two different positions? Wow, that was deep.

Both are pass catchers as I see it. Why would it matter if a team doesnt have a good 3rd WR when they have a pro bowl TE?

My thinking is you left out TE's on purpose so you could prop the Cowboys up on the list. Seeing as though they dont have a great TE and some other teams do.

if NFL Networks has a topic show with who is the best passing team in the NFL ..then .that would be a difference story- that would fit what you best wanting describe as a overall WR-TE group.

They likely have had shows with Best WR tandem - (present or of all time) that wouldve
showcased Holt/Bruce,...Harrison/Wayne...Chandler/Joiner

Feel free to open your own thread such as you see it otherwise.
and then you can put TE Evan Ingram with WR group... Gronk in with Evan Godwin... Ertz with Devontae Smith,Jaleon etc..

CowboyRoy

Reaction score

if NFL Networks has a topic show with who is the best passing team in the NFL ..then .that would be a difference story- that would fit what you best wanting describe as a overall WR-TE group.

They likely have had shows with Best WR tandem - (present or of all time) that wouldve
showcased Holt/Bruce,...Harrison/Wayne...Chandler/Joiner

Feel free to open your own thread such as you see it otherwise.
and then you can put TE Evan Ingram with WR group... Gronk in with Evan Godwin... Ertz with Devontae Smith,Jaleon etc..

Essentially guys like Pitts, Kelsy are WR's. Thats the way they are used in the offense. It would be incomplete to leave them out of the conversation. Its a rather odd topic.

Just like it would be odd to to list which teams have the best pass catching TE's. Who cares if they dont have a TE if they have 3 WR's like Cooper, Lamb, Gallup?

Just pointing that out as several other posters did as well.