Do not resign Dak

BoysForLife

Reaction score
Hahahahhahaha

Remember when some of our mouth-breathing, know-nothing fans railed on Romo constantly, as if the team’s shortcomings were his fault?

They’re still around!

Yes. You're one of them

Except now you're a certified Dak sniffer

Romo_To_Dez

Reaction score
It would be a nice break from the delusion that plagues this fan base.. LMAO. Another season shot.. DAK the biggest reason. IF you truly think DAk will win a superbowl here.. good on ya. I prefer reality and know what he is. I'll be fair and say the D didn't play well... no ****, but the game was still there to be won.. He did nothing. And I have years of play to back it up..

DAK IS JUST NOT GOOD ENOUGH.. end of story.

Dak is the biggest reason for tonight's loss? I guess Dak was on the D line to allow 200 yards rushing and to force only one punt. Now with other QBs, it's because they didn't have the team around them to win it all. But, with Dak is all of his fault for not winning it all. lol

SackMaster

Reaction score
There was a point in this game where we were down almost 3 scores, and it really should've been worse than that. Dak did an almost comeback, but still he was part of the problem tonight. all those overthrown and underthrown passes you can overcome during the regular seasons, but the post season is a different story.
IMO, Dak outplayed Goff. Goff had more than his share of terribly inaccurate balls despite having virtually no pressure on him throughout the game.

The Difference? The running games.

Hey, not saying Dak played great. But he is NOT the reason the Cowboys lost and may have been the ONLY reason it was even as close as it was.

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score
Only Cowboy fans can complain about QB play not being perfect when the defense gives up 273 yards rushing.

far from perfect. but what ever happened to there being more than one reason for losing? A leader as a quarterback could pick up slack if the defense is having an off day. I was told he was a leader.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Agree but the coaches should of known this going into the game. Rams are a high powered offense with a lot weapons. The defense held them to severa FGs. But the offense could not match the Rams offense. Game plan was simple stop Zeke, and make DAK beat you. The Rams shut Zeke down. Without Zeke this is bland

I think we came out too predictable on offense, and Dak seems unable or unwilling to check out of runs when he's looking at 8 men in the box.

We have no idea what the Rams had planned b/c they didn't really have to do anything other than run the ball.

robjay04

Reaction score
You don't expect the offense to put up more than fifteen points through 57 minutes?

Points win games not rushing yards. Dak converts a few of those third downs and the Ram's offense is on the bench and not adding to their rushing totals.

I guarantee I'm right.

Defense makes a few stops instead of letting them drive the ball every single time...maybe the offense would have more opportunities to do something. Did the Rams punt the ball once?

It goes both ways. The team didn’t get it done but I place a lot more blame on the unit that didn’t make a stop the whole game considering they have played at a top 5 level all season. We weren’t depending on our offense to score 30+, we were counting on our defense to hold them under 30.

FWIW. I don’t want to resign Dak yet either. Let him play out his contract but I’m not going to blame him. The offensive play calling with a mobile QB is ridiculous.

Northern_Cowboy

Reaction score
It's going to get worse next year. Our O-Line is getting older and without a number one pick how do we improve our D, maybe we can pick up a decent TE in the 2nd or 3rd (cause Jarwin isn't the answer long term). I also won't be sold on Cooper unless he has a monster year next season, i'm not questioning his talents he has loads of that i am questioning his heart and desire. He's going to get his option picked up for next season lets see if he still produces or dissapears like he did in Oakland the last year and a half before he came here. Lots to do this offseason

getridofdak

Reaction score
Dak is the biggest reason for tonight's loss? I guess Dak was on the D line to allow 200 yards rushing and to force only one punt. Now with other QBs, it's because they didn't have the team around them to win it all. But, with Dak is all of his fault for not winning it all. lol
Its the big picture. not just this game.. where Did I say the biggest reason was dak.. I simply stated the game was within range and in his hands.. The rams dared him to win it, he doesn't have the toolsets to do so. BIG picture - not just this game. He's not the guy you want under center as a franchise guy. IMO.. but what do I know.. All i know is this team has all the talent in the word and this guy just holds em back more times than not.

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
This guy has so much more than most QB's the team has all the things in place to make noise except for ... DAK.. One of the best olines, one of the best RB's one of the best defenses, good wo's this guy can't win.. he's a scrub. Resigning him and loosing out on other more important players that we should resign will be imprending mediocracy for this franchise for more years to come. He is the issue.

Issue is your IQ.

artpena2323

Reaction score
Better QB play kills that soft zone. Checks out of crappy Linehan plays. Peters looked lost out there. Gallup looked like Jerry Rice. They wanted to stop the run and our QB didn’t win the shootout.

Chrispierce

Reaction score
Not to the numbers they probably had in mind before tonight. There’s like 5 plays in this game,I seriously can’t tolerate from my QB. You want big money? You don’t miss wide open targets,and get your passes in line.

DIAF

DivaLover159
Reaction score
Dak didn't lose that game for us, but the same things that have been a problem all year were visible in this game.

Dak holding on to the ball too long
Dak missing opportunities to pick up yards instead running backwards or slinking around in the pocket waiting to make a herothrow downfield
Dak not seeing open receivers

As for the question of whether or not to pay him, we may not have a choice.

Romo_To_Dez

Reaction score
Its the big picture. not just this game.. where Did I say the biggest reason was dak.. I simply stated the game was within range and in his hands.. The rams dared him to win it, he doesn't have the toolsets to do so. BIG picture - not just this game. He's not the guy you want under center as a franchise guy. IMO.. but what do I know.. All i know is this team has all the talent in the word and this guy just holds em back more times than not.

The Rams dared the Cowboys Defense to stop the run and they couldn't do it. Having a TOP in their favor, which means our offense not having a many chances to score enough to win the game. Dak holds them back, yet with him, tonight had just been the same pattern of the Cowboys failing to make it out of the divisional round. We failed with Romo, we are failing with Dak.

But, you think it's only his fault and that a new QB is guaranteed to fix the woes this franchise has been under for the last 2 decades