Do not resign Dak

BlueStar22

Reaction score
Who's gonna be your QB? Do yall even consider this before you post this dumb stuff?

getridofdak

Reaction score
Dak didn't lose that game for us, but the same things that have been a problem all year were visible in this game.

Dak holding on to the ball too long
Dak missing opportunities to pick up yards instead running backwards or slinking around in the pocket waiting to make a herothrow downfield
Dak not seeing open receivers

As for the question of whether or not to pay him, we may not have a choice.
exactly this is big picture. not just this game.

aikemirv

Reaction score
You give up 260+ yards rushing, you lose 80 percent of games.

It doesn’t matter who your QB is.

I don’t even have to look at the stats to know that.
Dak missed many opportunities in the first half to be right with them or even inthe lead. Our defense did not keep his pitiful offense in the game like usual

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Did you watch the game at all? We lost TOP 2:1

Dak didn't even have a chance to win

Yes, he did. Fourth and 1. We're behind by 8. We give the ball to Zeke. Dak should have kept the ball or called a play action pass.
We convert, move down the field, and we could have tied the game or been behind by one.
The stage is set for us to win if we convert that fourth and 1.

getridofdak

Reaction score
The Rams dared the Cowboys Defense to stop the run and they couldn't do it. Having a TOP in their favor, which means our offense not having a many chances to score enough to win the game. Dak holds them back, yet with him, tonight had just been the same pattern of the Cowboys failing to make it out of the divisional round. We failed with Romo, we are failing with Dak.

But, you think it's only his fault and that a new QB is guaranteed to fix the woes this franchise has been under for the last 2 decades
I do NOT think this game soley resides on DAK.. I do know that the majority of the time it does in fact. He's jut not good enough man.. that's it.

Locking him up long term for a big money deal has more chance at harm than any good in the long run.. just my 2 cents. I don't expect dak lovers to get it..

Bizwah

Reaction score
I've been critical of Dak, but I also think I'm fair. He was fine tonight. I was encouraged by his play the last three weeks. I feel he made throws the last three weeks that he wouldn't have even attempted early in the year. He was much improved. To me, this is a good sign.

pansophy

Reaction score
It's not just one game its the big picture.
I've been one to complain about Dak, and said the key to the game tonight was 3rd down success. We were 1/10 tonight.

But if I look at Goff compared to Dak I have to say that Dak looked like the better player. Rams offense is rooted in the same scheme as our offense but it's never looked that good. First time I really thought Linehan might need to go. At a minimum we should spend all off season copying the Ram offense -- Jerry wasn't crazy when he made the comparison.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Dak had his moments, both good and bad.
The dropped pick 6 helped save the stats and his rep to some degree.
Hed have a hard timeliving that down if that guy made the easy play
Glad he didnt

Nice 12 yarder to Cooper that went for a 29 yard TD. Good throw.
Real nice throw and catch to Gallup on the left sideline too.
Many misses too. But the whole team had that

Team game and team loss

pansophy

Reaction score
Yes, but if the QB plays better, the defense is not on the field all game, exhausted.
Would buy that except the defense couldn't get off the field the whole first quarter. Fortunate to hold them to short field goals.

nobody

Reaction score
I believe that Dak shouldn't be resigned.....YET. That doesn't mean that he won't fix some things that are irksome and be worthy of resigning....but his play today in the first half was indicative of who he's been since last year. Each quarter, flip a coin. Heads it's good Dak, Tails it's bad Dak. Sadly, it seems to hit tails in the first three quarters too much. Forrtunately, usually it's all heads in the 4th quarter. But sometimes the damage is already done.

He needs to figure out how to bring his 4th quarter mindset into the whole game.

jwooten15

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Yes, he did. Fourth and 1. We're behind by 8. We give the ball to Zeke. Dak should have kept the ball or called a play action pass.
We convert, move down the field, and we could have tied the game or been behind by one.
The stage is set for us to win if we convert that fourth and 1.
So bad blocking and a stubborn OC is Dak's fault? Got it

getridofdak

Reaction score
So bad blocking and a stubborn OC is Dak's fault? Got it
Can we please stop making excuses for the guy. This has been on going since he got here minus the first season when defenses had no tape on the guy or elliot.

pansophy

Reaction score
far from perfect. but what ever happened to there being more than one reason for losing? A leader as a quarterback could pick up slack if the defense is having an off day. I was told he was a leader.
We scored 22 points barely having the ball. We were 1/10 on 3rd down, which has always been our issue with Dak, but we went into the game needing to score more than 20 and keeping the rams under 20.

That was the realistic way we win. Offense held its end up. Defense just finally ran out of gas.

cowboyec

Reaction score
of all the things to ***** about after this butt-kicking...Dak ain't one of them.
getting bullied by their OLine should be at the top of the list.
until we address the 1T and get better at wrapping up on our tackles...crap like this is gonna happen.

jwooten15

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Can we please stop making excuses for the guy. This has been on going since he got here minus the first season when defenses had no tape on the guy or elliot.
As evident by your screen name, you made an account just to bash Dak lol.

Check my message history and see what my opinion has been of Dak

eromeopolk

Reaction score
Tough game. Defense didn't play well, but that was a given.. Thye played a very good offense and all things considered fought hard. held them to field goals...

End of the day, the game was there to be won. They dared dak to win with his arm. With a more efficient QB we win this game.

This guy has so much more than most QB's the team has all the things in place to make noise except for ... DAK.. One of the best olines, one of the best RB's one of the best defenses, good wo's this guy can't win.. he's a scrub. Resigning him and loosing out on other more important players that we should resign will be imprending mediocracy for this franchise for more years to come. He is the issue.
Did Dak call a running play on 4th and 1 instead of a QB sneak with the game 15-23 with over 7 minutes left. The Rams QB sneaked on 4th and 1 and called a QB keeper to ice the game with Jared Goff. How did we use Dak on short yardage?
Did Dak stay away from a rookie CB giving a 15 yard cushion when Talib left the game.
Did Dak play a linebacker rotation with Sean Lee allowing the most rushing yards on a Cowboys team in team history.
You fire the HC, OC, replace them with Urban Meyer and his OC of choice, draft DTs, FS, TE, then resign Dak.

Is Dak missed some throws...yes. But Dak completing 63% of your passes, scoring 2 TDs, 2pts conversion, 0 turnovers with a 92 QBR are not the reason the Rams won.

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
Defense makes a few stops instead of letting them drive the ball every single time...maybe the offense would have more opportunities to do something. Did the Rams punt the ball once?

It goes both ways. The team didn’t get it done but I place a lot more blame on the unit that didn’t make a stop the whole game considering they have played at a top 5 level all season. We weren’t depending on our offense to score 30+, we were counting on our defense to hold them under 30.

FWIW. I don’t want to resign Dak yet either. Let him play out his contract but I’m not going to blame him. The offensive play calling with a mobile QB is ridiculous.
This is fair.

I don't blame Dak for not making something out of nothing. I do blame him for failing to make the plays that are there. Missing easy passes when he had plenty of time and the scheme had his man open with plenty of room for YAC. I don't even expect 100% of those to be made. Those are plays you absolutely need your QB to consistently make if you want to achieve your goals. Dak leaves way to many of those on the field. The proof is right there on our DVR's.

Making the occasional great play means nothing if he can't more consistently make the routine chain movers.