Do not resign Dak

nobody

Reaction score
We scored 22 points barely having the ball. We were 1/10 on 3rd down, which has always been our issue with Dak, but we went into the game needing to score more than 20 and keeping the rams under 20.

That was the realistic way we win. Offense held its end up. Defense just finally ran out of gas.

A lot of times, it's about TOP. If the other team is killing you with TOP, your defense is going to wear down. The offense didn't do it's job until it was too late and basically were scoring garbage time points.

Romo_To_Dez

Reaction score
Can we please stop making excuses for the guy. This has been on going since he got here minus the first season when defenses had no tape on the guy or elliot.

Says the one, making excuses for the Defense, in order to put most of the blame on Dak. "The Rams offense is good, so we shouldn't expect our D to step up and we should have expected our D to only force one punt and give up 200 yards rushing".

Yet, the same leeway wouldn't be given to Dak, if he played a top rated Defense. The Dak blamers wouldn't say. "Well, why would be expect for our offense to score more than a certain amount of points against this Defense."

Yet, because it is the Rams then it's "We should be okay if our D performs badly, since the Rams O is so good."

getridofdak

Reaction score
If I were Dak, I wouldn't want to re-sign with Dallas.
Yeah strong defense, good oline one of the best rb's in the league.. a decent young TE, good wo's.. poor Dak. I'd want that to.. he's holding em back, they aren't holding him back.

artpena2323

Reaction score
Why doesn’t Dak check out of that 4th and 1? Why didn’t he go after that rookie CB? I just wonder

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score
We scored 22 points barely having the ball. We were 1/10 on 3rd down, which has always been our issue with Dak, but we went into the game needing to score more than 20 and keeping the rams under 20.

That was the realistic way we win. Offense held its end up. Defense just finally ran out of gas.

in the 4th quarter it was like 30 to 15, and should've been more the way we got dominated but held their offense to some field goals. Yeah Dak had an almost comeback moment. but almost doesn't cut it, especially if you are one of the reason a comeback is needed. Romo too had these kind of games, where he would have an almost comeback, and well he didn't get credit for those and neither should dak -- nobody should.

getridofdak

Reaction score
Says the one, making excuses for the Defense, in order to put most of the blame on Dak. "The Rams offense is good, so we shouldn't expect our D to step up and we should have expected our D to only force one punt and give up 200 yards rushing".

Yet, the same leeway wouldn't be given to Dak, if he played a top rated Defense. The Dak blamers wouldn't say. "Well, why would be expect for our offense to score more than a certain amount of points against this Defense."

Yet, because it is the Rams then it's "We should be okay if our D performs badly, since the Rams O is so good."
defense had like one bad game against a really good offense in a leage where points are the premium.. and yet, still could've won.... it is what it is they didn't... quit with the tunnel vision this is the embodiment of years of work.. not just one game.. Dak is the weakest link

Romo_To_Dez

Reaction score
defense had like one bad game against a really good offense in a leage where points are the premium.. and yet, still could've won.... it is what it is they didn't... quit with the tunnel vision this is the embodiment of years of work.. not just one game.. Dak is the weakest link

One bad game? They have had a few games to end the season where they have fallen off and haven't been as good as they were, earlier in the season. They just fell off so much, that they got exposed tonight.

nobody

Reaction score
he's never won anything relevant either LMAO. never will

I disagree. I believe he can, if he works hard to get rid of some of his "what was that!?" moments. There's something about his mental game that needs serious adjusting so we see 4th quarter Dak in other quarters far more often. I think he's got that potential. Sadly, I think the OC and QB coaches are hampering rather than nuturing that potential.

getridofdak

Reaction score
I disagree. I believe he can, if he works hard to get rid of some of his "what was that!?" moments. There's something about his mental game that needs serious adjusting so we see 4th quarter Dak in other quarters far more often. I think he's got that potential. Sadly, I think the OC and QB coaches are hampering rather than nuturing that potential.
I don't see it, but we'll tell in time. He'll be the guy for the next 4-5 at least.

BlueStar22

Reaction score
This is the dumbest mindset. You keep drafting qbs, you dont settle because uou might get worst. The Chiefs didnt settle with Alex Smith, did they?
Alex Smith is what, 34 years old and was going to cost a lot of money to resign. You don't have a first round pick. You have other needs and you have a QB has two playoff wins in his first three years. He's led his team to the playoffs in two of his first three years. Do you stop drafting QBs? No. Can you do worse than Dak Prescott? You betcha. Look around the league.

nobody

Reaction score
I don't see it, but we'll tell in time. He'll be the guy for the next 4-5 at least.

I'm starting to believe in the concept of "failure breeds more failure." That if you fail often enough at a particular point, it becomes almost self-fulfilling prophecy later. I don't think Dak is at that point yet and can be salvaged, but some of the coaches certainly are.

getridofdak

Reaction score
Alex Smith is what, 34 years old and was going to cost a lot of money to resign. You don't have a first round pick. You have other needs and you have a QB has two playoff wins in his first three years. He's led his team to the playoffs in two of his first three years. Do you stop drafting QBs? No. Can you do worse than Dak Prescott? You betcha. Look around the league.
I'd argue Elliot contributed more to any success this team has had and largely been responsiblle for offensive success. Dak's been a placeholder. and thats all he is imo.. I'm not gonna knock guys who think other, but I really have a hard time believing this is the guy we want to invest highly in. I think it'll burn us in the long run.