Do the Cowboys have enough pass rushers?

Jfconrow

Reaction score
Kneel and showed pass rush at the Senior bowl. I think he’s ultimately going to replace Lawrence on the strong side, but if he can play weak side DE the first couple years, that’s a home run.

DCBoysfan

Hardwork and Dedication
Reaction score
I expect Dallas to pick up some FA pass rushers once teams start cutting some players.

They have 4 open opens currently, so I hope that at least a couple will go to the Dline.

rocknrobcowboy

Reaction score
Two quality pass rushers departed to Washington with Dan Quinn in Armstrong, Fowler. All the Cowboys have added is a small schooled prospect who is considered more of a run stopper in Kneeland. Yes, Sam Williams is expected to take on a larger role, but he has been untrustworthy in the past.

There are a few free agents that certainly can help as rotational pieces: Ngakoue, Lawson and a few others.
Do the Cowboys DL have enough Pass Rushers?

Yes they do have enough.There so talented the DL Can Pass and Run with the Ball to.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Two quality pass rushers departed to Washington with Dan Quinn in Armstrong, Fowler. All the Cowboys have added is a small schooled prospect who is considered more of a run stopper in Kneeland. Yes, Sam Williams is expected to take on a larger role, but he has been untrustworthy in the past.

There are a few free agents that certainly can help as rotational pieces: Ngakoue, Lawson and a few others.
They should have played Sam Williams more and Fowler less last season.
- They often had 11 DL active on game day with Quinn as DC.
- They normaly had 8 active when Marinelli was the DC.
- It will likely be about 9 with Zimmer.

Frosty

Bigdog24
Reaction score
They should have played Sam Williams more and Fowler less last season.
- They often had 11 DL active on game day with Quinn as DC.
- They normaly had 8 active when Marinelli was the DC.
- It will likely be about 9 with Zimmer.

Not sure why people are freaking out about Cowboys players leaving....I mean most of them were older vets trying to extend their careers or they were JAG's rotational players.....Not worried about anyone leaving....Next man up

Cowfan75Lives

Reaction score
Like Papa Jerry says...we have to do more with less. Our mediocre to bad players will suddenly be great.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

We have Mazi and thats all we need baby!

quickccc

Reaction score

Unfortunately what you see is what you get.

Whatever is currently on the roster, ..and whatever comes up in undrafted and current practice squad.

it's one of the reasons why i am not as optimistic about Zimm's defense as we haven't given him him the tools and
neccessities he really needs on defense vs top offensive teams we'll face, imo.

Same goes for the run defense DTs as well.

Dlaw is not a sack guy, .. pressures, run D' holla on the sideline, practice field and locker room, but i don't expect very much
it's gonna be Parsons and Williams ..and maybe Osa in the interior as the real pass rushers
People forget that Williams had a streak of 3 str8 games with a sack during the reg season. and he struggled with a nagging turf toe
at season's start. ,

I just have to see with Breeland, maybe he'll be a rookie pleasant surprise.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
and if Jerry is tanking this year, I am good with that as well....time to build for the future

They aren’t bad enough to tank and not good enough to win anything.

Literally the worst spot to be in.

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
There's no such thing as too many pass rushers. But I'd argue that we are in a shaky spot with edge rushers behind Parsons. Williams is frankly a mental midget, Kneeland is a high-variance prospect, and DLaw is 32 years old. It could turn out awesome if they all work out, but there is a lot of risk.

blueblood70

Reaction score

I'm gonna have to stop you right there first of all quality if you mean good backup role players, sure, the fact that you mentioned they are now starters over there for Dan Quinn, that's all I need to know..

we have a much better pass rushing room than they do, trust me on that I don't even need to see them play... so yeah we need to let Sam Williams and the rest of this group as role players step up and fill those roles those guys left at least our starters are frontline starters not Washington is making everyone believe the propaganda that these two dudes can be starters on a quality defense that said I mean they used our depth to be their starters..:facepalm:

So the same reason why we had that kind of depth was because we had the draft so guys like Armstrong who now we just picked up in the draft this year some other guys have been waiting on the sideline like Sam Williams and maybe Fehoco, gohlston, are going to get the opportunity to be the next Armstrong and the next Fowler there's nothing wrong with that I'm fine with the depth we have we need to worry about defensive tackle all these stories about wide receivers and now pass rush no we might need to figure out the running back room and the defensive tackle that's been the weakness all offseason and it will continue to be until it's proven otherwise I think we're fine everywhere else....

So we already had guys here and we drafted another one I don't see the problem until it becomes a problem..

blueblood70

Reaction score
Think Kneeland was selection was used to help their run defense.
No that was one of his qualities and his upside at minimum but if you look at the way tank plays this is the same type of guy and trust me tank puts plenty of pressure on he may not build up his sacks but I see got balls being batted down I see him making the quarterback make a decision to not throw I mean he's underrated as a pass rusher and so will kneeling they got him because he will be a potential and I use the word potential replacement for tank he plays I mean they look like the same guy I mean in my opinion coming out of college and so far the way tank and his career has went he's not a dynamic sack guy but he does all the rest of it to me takes a better defensive end then Parsons in my opinion he's the best guy on the team because he could play all three downs and he doesn't effectively he doesn't need to compile sacks because he's getting it done because all you need to do is your job on that side make it uncomfortable for the quarterback you don't have to get the sack...

Creeper

Reaction score
We don't talk enough about the inside pass rush, or lack of one. One player never mentioned when talking about players needed to step up in 2024 is Osa Odighizuwa. Why not? They guy has shown some ability at times, but is he consistent enough? It looked like he faded badly at the end of 2023. Perhaps he is on guy who needs to make a big step forward in 2024 to deliver some pressure from inside. Osa is entering his 4th year. This is the year he should be breaking out. It is also a contract year for him.

We lost a couple of outside pass rush guys, but one way to counter that is to get a good rush from inside. Osa may be the only guy who can do that.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
No that was one of his qualities and his upside at minimum but if you look at the way tank plays this is the same type of guy and trust me tank puts plenty of pressure on he may not build up his sacks but I see got balls being batted down I see him making the quarterback make a decision to not throw I mean he's underrated as a pass rusher and so will kneeling they got him because he will be a potential and I use the word potential replacement for tank he plays I mean they look like the same guy I mean in my opinion coming out of college and so far the way tank and his career has went he's not a dynamic sack guy but he does all the rest of it to me takes a better defensive end then Parsons in my opinion he's the best guy on the team because he could play all three downs and he doesn't effectively he doesn't need to compile sacks because he's getting it done because all you need to do is your job on that side make it uncomfortable for the quarterback you don't have to get the sack...
I agree similar players, but he will make a bigger impact against the run right away, while he develops as a pass rusher.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
I'm gonna have to stop you right there first of all quality if you mean good backup role players, sure, the fact that you mentioned they are now starters over there for Dan Quinn, that's all I need to know..

we have a much better pass rushing room than they do, trust me on that I don't even need to see them play... so yeah we need to let Sam Williams and the rest of this group as role players step up and fill those roles those guys left at least our starters are frontline starters not Washington is making everyone believe the propaganda that these two dudes can be starters on a quality defense that said I mean they used our depth to be their starters..:facepalm:

So the same reason why we had that kind of depth was because we had the draft so guys like Armstrong who now we just picked up in the draft this year some other guys have been waiting on the sideline like Sam Williams and maybe Fehoco, gohlston, are going to get the opportunity to be the next Armstrong and the next Fowler there's nothing wrong with that I'm fine with the depth we have we need to worry about defensive tackle all these stories about wide receivers and now pass rush no we might need to figure out the running back room and the defensive tackle that's been the weakness all offseason and it will continue to be until it's proven otherwise I think we're fine everywhere else....

So we already had guys here and we drafted another one I don't see the problem until it becomes a problem..
Yes, they were proven quality depth players, we need our other younger prospects to effectively replace them.