Do the Giants scare you?

rysko

Reaction score
for some reason washington and the eagles scare me more than the giants.. weird i know

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
rysko;2109827 said:
for some reason washington and the eagles scare me more than the giants.. weird i know
It's not really weird at all. Except for the horrendous playoff disaster, we had more success against the Giants last year. I don't buy into that the play away from losing to the Giants in the regular season crap. You can apply that same logic to the playoff game. We were one play from winning, but so what? Look at the scoreboard. We beat them 2 games out of 3 and made lots of big plays along the way. Unfortunately, we lost the most important game.

As far as Philly and Washington, we blew them both out early in the season and played heartless, losing football against them late in the season. I believe we'll be more up for the Giants this season. That's why the Phi and Wash games are not "scary" but a concern.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
Every team's offense scared me when we were trotting out Jacques Reeves and Nate Jones. Now, no defense or offense scares me.

pugilist

Stick N Move
Reaction score
theogt;2109835 said:
Every team's offense scared me when we were trotting out Jacques Reeves and Nate Jones. Now, no defense or offense scares me.

amen

i cringed everytime I saw Jacques on the field.. hopefully those days are over

:crossed:

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
theogt;2109835 said:

At least Nate delivered some blows to Manning and Favre.

dargonking999

DKRandom
Reaction score
Why should we be scared?

We beat the giants 2 out of 3 times last season

and while they have stood pat, we got better. What are suppose to be afraid of?

can they beat us? Sure, anyone can, Any Given Sunday

But am i gonna lose sleep over it? Heck no. We're better than them at every position. It's only a question of us playing like it.

The only team i fear is the Dallas Cowboys

dallasfaninsf

Reaction score
With so much talent on our roster, the only team that scares me are the cowboys themselves not living up to the expecations.

It's great we're all excited about team and newly built secondary, but it makes me wince to read so much excitement and hype and superbowl dreams. It's like this board is populated by a dozen patrick craytons. Don't get me wrong, I'm excited too, but I'll let the team do their own talking on the field.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
bbgun;2109886 said:
At least Nate delivered some blows to Manning and Favre.
That's likely because they absolutely did not account for him being on the field whatsoever. It was like we were throwing 10 men out there.

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
The pass rush still concerns me. When the Giants got the ball right before the half, we knew they'd be passing on every down, yet we still couldn't get near Manning. Our "new and improved" secondary can't be expected to cover receivers forever.

gazmc_06

Reaction score
I'm not worried about NY in the slightest, I think they will struggle this year and be fighting just to make the playoff's. 9-7.

irishline

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
YoMick;2109672 said:
The truest answer is yes they should scare us.

They were one play away from beating us in each of the reg season games. Then we lost the playoff game.

They may be over the hump. That win could catapult a team for years. We dont know yet.

As for us.... a team full of great players, an owner that wants to win, a good-great coaching staff and so far we are not over the hump.

What scares me more than the Giants is.... the Dallas Cowboys.... contenders or pretenders.

So far... pretenders.

Don't get me wrong I think we should be scared of them... but since when is losing a game by 10 points (45-35) and a game by 11 points (31-20) one play away from winning? Did they change the rules on extra points or something? :eek:

AbeBeta

Reaction score
Anyone not worried about the Giants is kidding themselves -- there is something HUGE to learning how to win the big games and NY figured that out.

redskins1

Benched
Reaction score
abersonc;2109959 said:
Anyone not worried about the Giants is kidding themselves -- there is something HUGE to learning how to win the big games and NY figured that out.

well said..your cowboys if they make the playoff this season will have a huge monkey on there backs,no matter if its at home or on the road..its in there heads they cant seem to get it done in the postseason..it would not surprise me at all to see your team winless again in postseason!!

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
redskins1;2109984 said:
well said..your cowboys if they make the playoff this season will have a huge monkey on there backs,no matter if its at home or on the road..its in there heads they cant seem to get it done in the postseason..it would not surprise me at all to see your team winless again in postseason!!

Right back at ya.

dargonking999

DKRandom
Reaction score
redskins1;2109984 said:

it would not surprise me at all to see your team at the cellar of the NFC East, and bottom of our Texas sized shoe.

oh wait.. i forgot.. !!!!!

Ren

Reaction score
DallasDomination;2109746 said:
campbell is decent I think...

I agree i thought he improved with every game he played

BehindEnemyLinez

Optimist Prime
Reaction score
The G-men are a good team, but I wouldn't say they "scare" me...what about "concern", to use a better term? The Cowboys' biggest opponent this upcoming season will be overconfidence! As talented as this team is on paper, the expectations in '08 will be larger than life! The East is a tough division but, if healthy, there's not a team in there that can match the 'Boys player-for -player, talent-wise, so their mental state will be KEY going into every game. As long as Dallas doesn't "go thru the motions" during the season anticipating the postseason I think we'll be okay against whoever we line up against.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
redskins1;2109984 said:
your cowboys if they make the playoff this season will have a huge monkey on there backs,no matter if its at home or on the road..its in there heads they cant seem to get it done in the postseason..it would not surprise me at all to see your team winless again in postseason!!

Normally this would be true. It is not the case for this team. Lesser teams/organizations believe in that "in their head stuff".... Dallas exersized those demons a couple of decades ago... "cant win the big one"

Cowboys are 31 -23 in total playoff games history.... which makes up 8 SB appearances and 5 complete regular season SB wins... no strike seasons or asterisks... Hey... you guys have that * in common lol

Like it or not... we are WAY AHEAD of schedule. You do realize that this upcoming season will be Romo's 2nd full season, right?