Do the Giants scare you?

burmafrd

Reaction score
I would say that only maybe 4-5 of their players would start over our guys.
And most of them are debateable.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
burmafrd;2111212 said:
There is no way anyone other then a Giants homer or Cowboys hater would claim that the Giants are as talented as we are. Making full use of that talent and getting it working together is another matter.

HUH. Now I am a giants homer or a cowboys hater? Whatever.

And I am not going to sit here and do a breakdown of each player. No way. that is a big waste of time.

That team is just as talented as us at every key position and last year they showed their special teams were better. THey are a team I expect us to split with. With their improved play in the secondary and development of another Tight end and a young wr how can you not say they are not as talented.

The only place I think we stand out as better than them and it is clear is linebacker. Everywhere else these teams are equal.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I think the Giants are a good team but I think Dallas overall talent is greater than the G-Men. I think Giants got on a hot streak at the right time last year and I congratulate them on their accomplishment but I think Dallas is the better team

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
Doomsday101;2111330 said:
I think the Giants are a good team but I think Dallas overall talent is greater than the G-Men. I think Giants got on a hot streak at the right time last year and I congratulate them on their accomplishment but I think Dallas is the better team

You can call it a hot streak, which it was. You can also say that is a team that has vastly underachieved the last two seasons in the second half of their schedule. They have been more talented than their record has shown.

Last year they picked it back up after the new england game.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
theebs;2111332 said:
You can call it a hot streak, which it was. You can also say that is a team that has vastly underachieved the last two seasons in the second half of their schedule. They have been more talented than their record has shown.

Last year they picked it back up after the new england game.

I take nothing away from the Giants they went out on the road and beat Tampa, Dallas and GB they deserve what they earned. Overall though yes I think Dallas is the more talented team

TNCowboy

Double Trouble
Reaction score
theebs;2111125 said:
They are just as talented as us.
I don't believe so.

I expect the Giants to fall by the wayside this year, like so many other one-and-done teams. Their talent is good, but not great. Their secondary lacks depth, their offense lacks big plays, and they lost their best safety.

The Cowboys can't be considered upper-echelon until they win, but there's a reason the oddsmakers have the Giants only 6-7th in SB odds. They just aren't as talented as the teams ahead of them.

Not that I'd bet on Dallas. As someone said earlier, I think the most likely thing to stop Dallas, is Dallas. I don't think the Giants, Philly, Seattle or any other NFC team can match Dallas' talent. I hope they realize that talent this year.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
Double Trouble;2111362 said:
I don't believe so.

I expect the Giants to fall by the wayside this year, like so many other one-and-done teams. Their talent is good, but not great. Their secondary lacks depth, their offense lacks big plays, and they lost their best safety.

The Cowboys can't be considered upper-echelon until they win, but there's a reason the oddsmakers have the Giants only 6-7th in SB odds. They just aren't as talented as the teams ahead of them.

Not that I'd bet on Dallas. As someone said earlier, I think the most likely thing to stop Dallas, is Dallas. I don't think the Giants, Philly, Seattle or any other NFC team can match Dallas' talent. I hope they realize that talent this year.

Hey everybody's opinion is equal and different.

I know this, the giants hit the quarterback more than anyone. They have an outstanding group of wr and te. They have a good group of rb. They have an above average offensive line. Eli Manning Has started for three seasons. In 2005 they went 11-5 and won the division. IN 2006 they were a wild card team after going 8-8. Last year they were a wild card team again and won the super bowl. Manning has made the playoffs all 3 years as a starter, he has won the division and the super bowl. That is not an accident.

Again I am the only one in here that feels this way but I think as I have thought since coughlin has been there that they are equally as talented. I am curious to see their group of linebackers this year and if their secondary plays at a high level all season. If it does they are going to be in the playoffs again and they will be very difficult to beat in the playoffs.

there is always the chance that they could fall on their face this season also, they have proven to be streaky and inconsistent. However they have also made the playoffs 3 years in a row and I personally dont see that streak ending this year. I would love to get them at the stadium again in january.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Giants don't scare the Cowboys or me.

The only really scary thing is Strahan's face.

DallasDomination

Reaction score
theebs;2111329 said:
HUH. Now I am a giants homer or a cowboys hater? Whatever.

And I am not going to sit here and do a breakdown of each player. No way. that is a big waste of time.

That team is just as talented as us at every key position and last year they showed their special teams were better. THey are a team I expect us to split with. With their improved play in the secondary and development of another Tight end and a young wr how can you not say they are not as talented.

The only place I think we stand out as better than them and it is clear is linebacker. Everywhere else these teams are equal.

Giants have talent but not Dallas Cowboys talent.

Redskins2008

Reaction score
Givincer;2110896 said:
What's that huge thing? A ton of luck?

Without that the Giants don't beat us or New England.

A ton of luck? How can you say winning the super bowl over the best team in the nfl was luck? Giants is the best team in the nfl east, super bowl ring say it

DallasDomination

Reaction score
theebs;2111388 said:
Hey everybody's opinion is equal and different.

I know this, the giants hit the quarterback more than anyone. They have an outstanding group of wr and te. They have a good group of rb. They have an above average offensive line. Eli Manning Has started for three seasons. In 2005 they went 11-5 and won the division. IN 2006 they were a wild card team after going 8-8. Last year they were a wild card team again and won the super bowl. Manning has made the playoffs all 3 years as a starter, he has won the division and the super bowl. That is not an accident.

Again I am the only one in here that feels this way but I think as I have thought since coughlin has been there that they are equally as talented. I am curious to see their group of linebackers this year and if their secondary plays at a high level all season. If it does they are going to be in the playoffs again and they will be very difficult to beat in the playoffs.

there is always the chance that they could fall on their face this season also, they have proven to be streaky and inconsistent. However they have also made the playoffs 3 years in a row and I personally dont see that streak ending this year. I would love to get them at the stadium again in january.

You make some points. But even though they hit the Qb the most last year, their team in general and that defense was all over the place. Eli has yet to have an above average or average complete season. He is a 20-20 TD-INT ratio kind of guy. He got bailed out by the defense last year. Also when they played dallas, Their D-line for ther most part was tossed around like Srubs. We have a huge Oline and even though it broke up in the second half of that playoff loss, you cannot expect Dallas to lose to a team like that again.

Givincer

Reaction score
theebs;2111329 said:

How about quarterback? Wide receiver? Cornerback? Runningback? Tight end? Linebacker?

I don't think they have near the talent we do at those positions, especially quarterback. Especially.

Honestly, I don't think our games will be close next year, just like none of them should've been last year. Before the playoff game I said I'd be surprised if we won by any less than three scores. And the way our offense moved the ball, we should've beaten them by three scores. They're not in our league.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
DallasDomination;2111468 said:
You make some points. But even though they hit the Qb the most last year, their team in general and that defense was all over the place. Eli has yet to have an above average or average complete season. He is a 20-20 TD-INT ratio kind of guy. He got bailed out by the defense last year. Also when they played dallas, Their D-line for ther most part was tossed around like Srubs. We have a huge Oline and even though it broke up in the second half of that playoff loss, you cannot expect Dallas to lose to a team like that again.

So we are above losing to that team now? Why is that?

Say what you want about eli. He is what he is. But he has gone to the playoffs in all 3 of his seasons as a starter. He has won the division and the super bowl. What else can he do. Does he throw alot of Int's? yes. However so does Tony Romo and I am pretty sure one of the points I see brought up around here all the time is that romo has only started 1 season and 26 games and taken them to the playoffs both years. Same thing applies to Eli.

Im sorry nothing can convince me we are more talented as a team than they are. The teams are equal and that is why the games have been so tight since the start of the 05 season. Team talent trumps individual talent every day of the week. Our team is a year behind the process, the giants have won the divison and lost a home playoff game, they have lost on the road in the wild card. We have now done that too. I believe winning is a process and you have to go through the stages of ups and downs. I think our team has players at all the skill positions who have experienced this and hopefully take the nextstep this year.

Givincer

Reaction score
theebs;2111472 said:
Say what you want about eli. He is what he is. But he has gone to the playoffs in all 3 of his seasons as a starter. He has won the division and the super bowl. What else can he do.

I'd say he could start by throwing more touchdowns than interceptions entering the 17th week of the season. ;)

JohnnyHopkins

This is a house of learned doctors
Reaction score
The big thing that the Giants have shown that the Cowboys absolutely have not is that they can elevate their game when the Postseason comes around. For the last two seasons, Dallas has been hyped up as a Superbowl contender at the end of November, only to fizzle out come December/beyond. Fact is, the Giants do not fear this Dallas team at all because they came into Dallas and punked them on their way to what really matters, a ring.

It eats at me to no end, but until Dallas wins something other than the "End of November Contender award", most teams should cause some level of fear, particularly the ones in our Division.

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
The only thing that scares me is America's future.

http://img385.*************/img385/8343/mi014jn9.jpg

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Givincer;2111478 said:
I'd say he could start by throwing more touchdowns than interceptions entering the 17th week of the season. ;)

Thing is that is how Eli was able to produce in the post season. He finally stopped forcing passes and took what the defense gave him. In the post season the G-men were able to cut down on turnovers and did a great job of avoiding penalties they did not go out and beat themselves. You don't have to be a great QB to help your team win a SB you just don't want to do things to hurt your team to me that was the biggest difference I saw in Eli.

Phrozen Phil

Reaction score
The Giants are a well-coached team with a respectable talent base. period. Ther's always a chance that they could play well again next year. The Cowboys need to turn it up a notch at the end of the season and all of the "swagger" that Eli displayed could be gone pretty quick. The Giants had luck on their side last year, but good teams make their own luck. Here's hoping that the luck falls our way this year.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
Givincer;2111478 said:

ok. Did you watch the giants last year. Alot of those balls were tipped. There wr had moments where they couldnt catch anything. They are a streaky inconsistent team. Just like us.

Just like the play that probably saved their season. Lee evans had a ball hit him right in between the numbers that should have been a first down instead it bounced up in the air and the giants picked it off and scored and changed that buffalo game.

Without that pick the giants might not make the playoffs.