Do the Giants scare you?

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Phrozen Phil;2111494 said:
The Giants are a well-coached team with a respectable talent base. period. Ther's always a chance that they could play well again next year. The Cowboys need to turn it up a notch at the end of the season and all of the "swagger" that Eli displayed could be gone pretty quick. The Giants had luck on their side last year, but good teams make their own luck. Here's hoping that the luck falls our way this year.

I agree. I don't take any team lightly and especially the SB winner. Giants showed they are capable of playing good football and avoiding the mistakes that can cost every team. Dallas on the other hand made too many costly penalties that set us back and helped to kill drives or extend drives for the Giants. This is not an excuse just part of the game of football, number 1 rule don't do things to beat yourself. We did the Giants didn't

Doomsday101

Reaction score
theebs;2111505 said:
ok. Did you watch the giants last year. Alot of those balls were tipped. There wr had moments where they couldnt catch anything. They are a streaky inconsistent team. Just like us.

Just like the play that probably saved their season. Lee evans had a ball hit him right in between the numbers that should have been a first down instead it bounced up in the air and the giants picked it off and scored and changed that buffalo game.

Without that pick the giants might not make the playoffs.

Many of those were also on Eli by trying to force things that were not there. However at the end of the year he didn't he relied on the fact that he has a quality defense and did not put them in a hole by making stupid throws that he had done earlier in the season. Any yes I watched a lot of Giants games as I do with all the NFC East teams.

Monster Heel

Benched
Reaction score
I think the Giants are the best competition we have in the division and maybe in the NFC. I don't know if scared is the right word to use for the Giants because we can clearly beat them, but we should certainly be wary. The Giants will pull a win out of their behind more often than not if you try to grind it out with them. If we get into a game like that with them...WATCH OUT. When we play the Giants we will need to score points and force Eli Manning to gunsling, that's when he and that team unravel.

BIGDen

Dr. Freakasaurus
Reaction score
theebs;2111505 said:
ok. Did you watch the giants last year. Alot of those balls were tipped. There wr had moments where they couldnt catch anything. They are a streaky inconsistent team. Just like us.

Just like the play that probably saved their season. Lee evans had a ball hit him right in between the numbers that should have been a first down instead it bounced up in the air and the giants picked it off and scored and changed that buffalo game.

Without that pick the giants might not make the playoffs.

Eli led the NFL in turnovers. His QB rating was deplorable. He played well in GB and was solid in the SB. The Giants had their Cindarella/miracle season last year (Dallas gave them that game and the Tyree catch in the SB was a poor pass that had a fortunate result). If you think Eli is equal to Romo then you haven't been watching the same league I have for the past 2 years. Oh, and yeah I've seen every game that both QBs have played. You know just because Brad Johnson, Trent Dilfer, Doug Williams, Jeff Hostetler etc. won SBs it doesn't make them better than Tarkenton or Marino.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
BIGDen;2112269 said:
Eli led the NFL in turnovers. His QB rating was deplorable. He played well in GB and was solid in the SB. The Giants had their Cindarella/miracle season last year (Dallas gave them that game and the Tyree catch in the SB was a poor pass that had a fortunate result). If you think Eli is equal to Romo then you haven't been watching the same league I have for the past 2 years. Oh, and yeah I've seen every game that both QBs have played. You know just because Brad Johnson, Trent Dilfer, Doug Williams, Jeff Hostetler etc. won SBs it doesn't make them better than Tarkenton or Marino.

Hard to argue with the results. I expect romo to be even better this year, along with the team so we will see.

You cant argue with the team results the giants have had. Won the division, earned a wild card, another wild card and a super bowl championship and much like romo he has his whole career ahead of him.

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
theebs;2112274 said:
Hard to argue with the results. I expect romo to be even better this year, along with the team so we will see.

You cant argue with the team results the giants have had. Won the division, earned a wild card, another wild card and a super bowl championship and much like romo he has his whole career ahead of him.
hey theebs you making any vids lately?

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
Rampage;2112277 said:
hey theebs you making any vids lately?

I have a 30 second video done. Its like a training camp thing, cant explain it.

I am just starting another one and hope to have it done in two weeks. I will put them both up in early july or so...nothing big just stuff to get excited for camp!

I am trying to make some quick player intros for that inside the huddle show and see if he wants them this year also. I was going to post one here when I get it done to see what you guys think...

Givincer

Reaction score
theebs;2111505 said:

Yea, I did watch the Giants last year, since I live in New York.

I'd say that, yeah, they are a streaking inconsistent team. Just like us. Except not nearly as good a streaky inconsistent team.

Givincer

Reaction score
Doomsday101;2111487 said:
Thing is that is how Eli was able to produce in the post season. He finally stopped forcing passes and took what the defense gave him. In the post season the G-men were able to cut down on turnovers and did a great job of avoiding penalties they did not go out and beat themselves. You don't have to be a great QB to help your team win a SB you just don't want to do things to hurt your team to me that was the biggest difference I saw in Eli.

I'm not saying Eli's not good. Just pointing out that there is in fact something he can do to get better. Sure, the team can accomplish anything more than winning a superbowl. But just because he happened to be on a team that won a superbowl doesn't mean he doesn't have areas to improve on. This guy was getting absolutely hammered by the New York press before their playoff run. Absolutely hammered. And not for no reason.

Essentially, my point is Eli is not in Romo's league, even with him having been on a team that won a superbowl.

Boysboy

Reaction score
DallasDomination;2109638 said:
OK serious question here. The Giants won the Sb yada yada, We know that. But for 2008, how do they respond? when you look at that team do they scare you?

I for one think they are way over their head comming into the season...eli will go back to his 23-20 td-int ratio and the team will falter. I wont be surprised if they dont make it to the playoffs.

I can't wait to play them and put them back in their place..:)

*shrugs* Coughlin was expected to be gone by Halloween last year, and they were expected to have a Top 5 pick to boot.

Thought they were going to be pushovers last year...so what makes anyone think they'll suck this year?:bang2:

Boysboy

Reaction score
Givincer;2112314 said:
I'm not saying Eli's not good. Just pointing out that there is in fact something he can do to get better. Sure, the team can accomplish anything more than winning a superbowl. But just because he happened to be on a team that won a superbowl doesn't mean he doesn't have areas to improve on. This guy was getting absolutely hammered by the New York press before their playoff run. Absolutely hammered. And not for no reason.

Essentially, my point is Eli is not in Romo's league, even with him having been on a team that won a superbowl.

Yes-EVERY QB will burden 95% of the team's criticism(unless it's Tom Brady).

Remember after we lost to the Eagles last Dec-it was ONLY our SECOND loss, but nonetheless, 99% of Zoners, Fans, and the Media were annihilating him 24/7.

Givincer

Reaction score
Boysboy;2112356 said:
Yes-EVERY QB will burden 95% of the team's criticism(unless it's Tom Brady).

Remember after we lost to the Eagles last Dec-it was ONLY our SECOND loss, but nonetheless, 99% of Zoners, Fans, and the Media were annihilating him 24/7.

I'll agree, quarterbacks get too much credit and too much blame (which is why you'll notice I kept mentioning Eli was part of a superbowl winning team).

That said, I think saying Eli is as good as Romo is absurd. And the only reason it happens is because he was on a team that won a superbowl, and Romo hasn't been yet.

Boysboy

Reaction score
Givincer;2112408 said:
I'll agree, quarterbacks get too much credit and too much blame (which is why you'll notice I kept mentioning Eli was part of a superbowl winning team).

That said, I think saying Eli is as good as Romo is absurd. And the only reason it happens is because he was on a team that won a superbowl, and Romo hasn't been yet.

And to boot-Joe Gibbs won three Super Bowls with 3 different QBs(and RBs as well).

Pt being that Rypien, Byner, Timmy Smith, et al weren't exactly world beaters-they just happened to be decent products of a pretty darn good system.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Givincer;2112314 said:

I don't disagree with that at all. Eli biggest improvement late in the season was doing a better job of avoiding the big mistakes such as turnovers. He has room for improvement in his game but like any QB the biggest thing they can do is avoid the things that can get you beat quickly in this league. As for Romo I do think he is better in large part because I think his ability to move around in the pocket to buy time allows guys to get open down field to hit the big plays but I think Romo himself as room for growth in his game

Fletch

To The Moon
Reaction score
DallasDomination;2109638 said:
OK serious question here. The Giants won the Sb yada yada, We know that. But for 2008, how do they respond? when you look at that team do they scare you?

I for one think they are way over their head comming into the season...eli will go back to his 23-20 td-int ratio and the team will falter. I wont be surprised if they dont make it to the playoffs.

I can't wait to play them and put them back in their place..:)

No team in the NFL scares me when it comes to playing my Cowboys. I do think Eli will have a solid year this coming season. Eli came on late, when it mattered most, (listen up Romo!) and finished up a Cinderella year for the G-men. Gotta give him some credit.

Don't get me wrong. I loathe the very ground the Giants walk on. But still feel that the Cowboys are the more talented team. Just need to show a lot more mental toughness at the end of the year, WHEN IT MATTERS MOST!

Let's hope it rings true for us in 2008-2009... You lose only to learn how to win!

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
Fletch;2112867 said:
No team in the NFL scares me when it comes to playing my Cowboys. I do think Eli will have a solid year this coming season. Eli came on late, when it mattered most, (listen up Romo!) and finished up a Cinderella year for the G-men. Gotta give him some credit.

Don't get me wrong. I loathe the very ground the Giants walk on. But still feel that the Cowboys are the more talented team. Just need to show a lot more mental toughness at the end of the year, WHEN IT MATTERS MOST!

Let's hope it rings true for us in 2008-2009... You lose only to learn how to win!

+10 for the use of "loathe". :bow: