Do they still suck?

McKDaddy

Reaction score
Until I see them beat quality teams, can't say they are any better than their record indicates.

ClappingCarrot

Reaction score
It's really important for us to just keep winning. That means taking care of mortal teams like the Bears, Vikings, and Lions.

Collinsworth noted last night that the Eagles have the Giants twice and the Skins in their last 4 weeks, and it will be easy for them to make a run at the postseason.

aikemirv

Reaction score
So can the players play now? Can the coaches coach now? Or does it actually make a difference when you have both starting OTs, two WRs and two CBs?
Well, they did not this game, but the last 2 before this - YES

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
Eagles were on what, their third string players in at least one spot? Not full strength, that's for sure. So we didn't beat a top team. However, 37-10 is a pretty good beat down, the Eagles still had Wentz, who many here insist is better than Dak, they had Jeffries and of course had Peterson, he the Super Bowl winning coach.

To me the biggest thing about this game was the intensity the Cowboys played with, that was lacking in the 3 losses. Whether it was being at home, being in a pretty much "must win" game, or feeling that a win before the bye week was important, regardless they did play harder this game.

If they can keep that up the rest of the season, it will make a big difference...

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
It's really important for us to just keep winning. That means taking care of mortal teams like the Bears, Vikings, and Lions.

Collinsworth noted last night that the Eagles have the Giants twice and the Skins in their last 4 weeks, and it will be easy for them to make a run at the postseason.

Giants have Barkley back, and Jones is getting experience, as is the rest of their team. Maybe they can give Philly a loss, or two, but it seems like the Cowboys don't get "helped out" by other teams very often. And of course we have to play Philly at their place, that will be a tough game after we humiliated Peterson's "we'll win the game" talk.

Oh well, as they say, you can only play who's on the schedule, win out and it won't matter what Philly does. I guess everyone saw the stat they put up during the game, how a 3-4 team only makes the playoffs 14% of the time, hope that holds true this year....

Polkton31

Reaction score
Actually no, I would be saying how sad this team loaded with so much talent can't perform on a consistent basis. Why does it take falling behind by 18+ points or falling to 3-3 to inspire this team to a good performance. Why does this team consistently perform badly against the better teams in the league (25-43 against winning teams under Garrett). I guarantee you we will not get to play NFC East opponents or Miami if we make the playoffs.

Why does everyone use this (against winning teams) stat? If the team has a winning record at the end of the year, of course they were hard to beat and your record against them is going to be worse than your record against teams which didn't break .500 at the end of the year. Common sense and a little basic math would tell you this. If everyone beat the teams with winning records, wouldn't that make them losing teams?

TheBigEasy

Reaction score
They beat the Packers. I love the defeatist logic on this site.

"Dallas is horrible"

** Dallas beats Philly by 27 points. **

"Wow, Philly is worse than horrible!!!"

My friend, you are so wasting your time and you know it! :) It doesn't matter if this team won 102-0, 3-0, 2-0 or just rolled the Patriots by the score of 54-0 for that matter, half of this site would still be putting this team down in some way or fashion. @Reality really needs to run an anti-virus or spam clean-up program on this site as it's long overdue. :lmao:

blueblood70

Reaction score
So can the players play now? Can the coaches coach now? Or does it actually make a difference when you have both starting OTs, two WRs and two CBs?
I thought this site said all week they hope we lose and ge get fired because hes incapable of beating a SB coach pederson.. they havent checked recent history, we have owned the eagles and the east..im no garett supporter but its obvious the one thing he can do is beat our rivals..that is the first goal every year, win the division try and get a 1st seed..
we started poorly this year yet 3-0 against division and in first place right now..

its refreshing that all the hate talk on the entire team including Maher LMAO all got blown up in the haters faces..every narrative that was thrown around about Fat slow zeke, bad maher, bad garett, Dak cant do this, the defense cant get turnovers, Witten is to slow , pollard never gets playing time, Jarwin isnt being used, we arent creative, and we never dominate anyone..its all debunked with one game..

yes its just one game but it was a must win and we stomped the Beagles!!

so no some of us stuck by and supported the team all week and avoided all the negative talk and Fans in here that was just about covered every player and coach sucks narrative.. we had 3 bad game sin row lost by a total of 11 points and really you could see in those games some crazy amounts of mistakes were obvious reasons we lost and the injuries' in the Jets game etc etc no excuses I get it but we were a better team than that and no we dont suck..

so we can relax for 2 weeks now and prepare for NY, a different NY team will be a tougher win but thats the focus.. get healthy go on a run..

Polkton31

Reaction score
My friend, you are so wasting your time and you know it! :) It doesn't matter if this team won 102-0, 3-0, 2-0 or just rolled the Patriots by the score of 54-0 for that matter, half of this site would still be putting this team down in some way or fashion. @Reality really needs to run an anti-virus or spam clean-up program on this site as it's long overdue. :lmao:

Amen. I said it before, It won't matter if the Cowboys win the Super Bowl.... Some posters on this site will still say they suck and got lucky. They'll say,"Let's see how they do next year against real competition" or "Let's wait until they string a couple Super Bowls together before we call them anything but mediocre".

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
Amen. I said it before, It won't matter if the Cowboys win the Super Bowl.... Some posters on this site will still say they suck and got lucky. They'll say,"Let's see how they do next year against real competition" or "Let's wait until they string a couple Super Bowls together before we call them anything but mediocre".

It's not unheard of for a team to improve as the season goes on and eventually win the SB or a couple of playoff games. Back in the first SB winning season Dallas was 5-4 and just lost a game they should have won, but changes were made and they won all the rest of the games. The Raiders had a rash of injuries back in the first wild card team to win a SB year, got healthy and won it all eventually.

Of course the Dallas team had Landry and other top coaches, this team doesn't have that caliber of coaches. The Raiders had Madden, though he only won the one SB, still a highly regarded head coach. Left coaching due to health issues, as I recall, might have won another title if he'd stuck around.

But you can only truly judge a team after the season is over, we're only 7 games in, it looks like the Packers, Saints and even the 49ers are cruising to compete for home field advantage throughout the playoffs, but again, we'll see after 16 games what each team looks like...

mmohican29

Reaction score
You know... I think I need Aerolithe Lion's opinion on all of this.

He's ingratiated himself into our community like IBS. His incredibly researched posts have been welcomed by our simpler fans, and they seem to welcome his opinion. Perhaps I have been a bit dismissive.

My take:

I dont think the Cowboys are "Good" yet. But capable, very capable.

But I'm going to reach out here to our favorite troll who might suddenly have more time on his hands than usual, similar to last season after the 2nd Cowboys beatdown.

I welcome AL's rationale for the thrashing his beloved franchise took last night.

I'm sure he can shed light on how Howie Roseman and Doug"uarantee" Pederson will certainly right this thing, count the remaining ways that Carson Wentz is a better QB than Dak, etc.

If we still suck, certainly the Eagles are total garbage... if we're decent, than hey... the Eagles got beat by a better team right?

Last edited:

Doomsday1976

Reaction score
cut the bs, of course I watched the game. They have a lot of injuries just like the cowboys had last week....anyone saying the eagles are trash is an idiot, btw did you watch the game?
Right now they're garbage. You're listening to the biased east coast media. Overrated Eagles, as always. Didn't you expect Dallas to do that to them, if they cleaned up their mistakes? My original post was not to blow this out of proportion, it's a good step back in the right direction.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think we were also ultra conservative bs the Saints because of crowd noise and being way to worried about the repercussions of taking risks.

I agree about injuries limiting as well, but you still have to take your shots.

Last night looked like the return of the creative gameplans from weeks 1-3.

Am I alone on this or did anyone else see the same things I did?

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Censorship. A great idea.
:facepalm:

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I what you're saying. But it was the Jets. Let's see if we show up after the bye week with the same intensity we came with last night.

But I'm hoping for the best.