Do we have the best o-line, corners and linebacking groups in all of football?

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
Two years ago..."Goodell sucks! Zeke got screwed!"

Now..."Zeke is not dependable because of his suspension."
I didn't agree with the suspension and don't agree now but he hasn't shown the ability to stay out of trouble......or you have no worries about Zeke off the field. By the way he looks really good in training camp and preseason game we played this season........

Cowboys22

Reaction score
Dallas doesn’t have any unit that is the best mainly because they have to run plays filtered through Jason Garrett. Don’t buy any training camp hype about any defensive player. Remember they are playing against Garrett’s scheme. That’s why there are multiple interceptions in practice but rarely happen in a real game against a starting caliber QB. Now, is there enough talent at some spots to be the best? Maybe. Could some other coach get much more out of the talent? Absolutely.

InTheZone

Reaction score
So he isn't dependable to be on the field..........
you and i know from the time he's missed we can safely assume it was more of the league creating a double standard. There's hundreds of incidents every year where the league could possibly highlight a nonissue just to save face. Whatever happened to OBJ and his crack party on a boat last year. I'm not excusing what Zeke does, but you can't sit here and definitely say he's guilty when all evidence pointed towards him being innocent.

And hopefully you apply reason to everything off this forum as well.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
you and i know from the time he's missed we can safely assume it was more of the league creating a double standard. There's hundreds of incidents every year where the league could possibly highlight a nonissue just to save face. Whatever happened to OBJ and his crack party on a boat last year. I'm not excusing what Zeke does, but you can't sit here and definitely say he's guilty when all evidence pointed towards him being innocent.

Doesn't matter if he is guilty or not he got suspended and has been in several incidents outside of that. Add in that he is holding out and not in camp......I would call that an issue with being dependable.

InTheZone

Reaction score
Doesn't matter if he is guilty or not he got suspended and has been in several incidents outside of that. Add in that he is holding out and not in camp......I would call that an issue with being dependable.
How do we go from having a talk about consistent results to zekes not dependable?

Fontaine

Reaction score
I’m just glad Carr and Scandrick aren’t trotting out there anymore.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
One could argue.
Obviously our oline is top 3 with a chance to regain that number one spot with Frederick and we have depth.
I wouldn't swap our corners for anyone. Jones and Chido starting and Brown and Lewis could both start for more than half the league. Brown is super underrated!
Linebackers would be extremely tuff to find a better starting 3 with LVE, Smith and Lee.
Thoughts?

So we have the best OL, best corners, best LBs, and three offensive guys are looking to be the highest paid at their positions. Either we're overvaluing our talent or have the worst coaching staff in the history of professional sports.

I know "coaching" is the favorite word here (and I know there have been issues), but let's be a bit more realistic about the entire picture.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
So we have the best OL, best corners, best LBs, and three offensive guys are looking to be the highest paid at their positions. Either we're overvaluing our talent or have the worst coaching staff in the history of professional sports.

I know "coaching" is the favorite word here (and I know there have been issues), but let's be a bit more realistic about the entire picture.
We have the propensity to both overvalue and undervalue as we did with Free and Leary. I also think the same is being done with B. Jones, many are too quick to think he's easily replaceable in a passing league.

Cowboysheelsreds053

Reaction score

This! Especially after the Foster situation last season and now Bell situation this year, were neither got anything and they both should have been hammered.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
LOL. Completely false. As good as they were in 2014? No. But to say not very good at all is ridiculous.

They're certainly not worthy of the "best" label people are trying to apply here. And based on the investment made in the group, they've underperformed.

They need to rebound in a big way to reclaim their former status.

BourbonBalz

Star4Ever
Reaction score
They're certainly not worthy of the "best" label people are trying to apply here. And based on the investment made in the group, they've underperformed.

They need to rebound in a big way to reclaim their former status.
Injuries and illnesses can’t be controlled.

BourbonBalz

Star4Ever
Reaction score
And they're not a "get out of jail free card" for a level of play not up to previous standards.

The entire group needs to rebound.
Yeah, they are. You can’t blame Frederick for coming down with a disease, nor can you blame Smith for back problems. **** happens.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
How do we go from having a talk about consistent results to zekes not dependable?
Not sure why people have a hard time saying facts when talking about their favorite players. It's so easy to jump on Dak or any player they dislike but goodness sake don't talk truth about a player they like......