CFZ Do we need to believe in Prescott to root him on?

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Do you think the lions defense posted like the worst in the league?

Look at their defense before their bye and after when they played Dallas
The Cowboys offense is near the bottom of the league ranked about 26th or 27th. Their 32nd ranked defense probably did look better against one of the worst offenses in the league.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I call everybody out when I see is fair too.

Not really sure what you're trying to argue here

If the Cowboys have made a grave misjudgement in our QB, why is that our QB’s fault and not the ones who evaluated and paid him , then hypes him as such.

Unless you believe Dak is an Elite QB and is just underperforming?

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
If the Cowboys have made a grave misjudgement in our QB, why is that our QB’s fault and not the ones who evaluated and paid him , then hypes him as such.

Unless you believe Dak is an Elite QB and is just underperforming?
He is a top 10 QB coming back from injury to his throwing hand.

Everybody is responsible if they don't win a playoff game

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
The Cowboys offense is near the bottom of the league ranked about 26th or 27th. Their 32nd ranked defense probably did look better against one of the worst offenses in the league.
Watch the film, they did different things on defense and they played much harder.

You think Okuduh has been getting 15 tackles every game?

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
56 minutes played, 10 points vs the worst D in the league.
I hope we win the very game, but I am sick of Dak Prescott.

Stuff happens in the NFL. Why are you and other still whining about 10 points, 10 points, 10 points...you know the other teams get paid to play also. Sometimes they just play a heck of a game above the averages.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Stuff happens in the NFL. Why are you and other still whining about 10 points, 10 points, 10 points...you know the other teams get paid to play also. Sometimes they just play a heck of a game above the averages.
Right

If Lions don’t fumble at 1 yard line they would have taken the lead early in 4th qtr. And who knows how it turns out from there.

Dan has them playing hard. But like any team struggling to win if you give them life they can breath but once that’s taken out they often collapse.

USArmyVet

Reaction score
So, you blame Prescott for being over paid, not Jethro?

He should have said, sorry boss.. that’s too much. You’re an idiot. I’m not worthy. Please give me less.

I blame Jerry for caving to a 4-year contract for Dak but there is also blame on Dak and his agent for refusing to accept a 5 or 6 year deal which could have helped Dallas with the cap.

shabazz

Reaction score
Not at all. I have little faith in him but I hope he goes for 325 with 4 TDs and no picks IF that’s the type of game Kellen Moore calls. We all know we do better with a stronger ground game with complimentary passing but with Zeke out, Moore may call on Dak to air it out.

shabazz

Reaction score
I blame Jerry for caving to a 4-year contract for Dak but there is also blame on Dak and his agent for refusing to accept a 5 or 6 year deal which could have helped Dallas with the cap.

Vet, I blame Jerry 100% for not having an option while Dak was franchised. He could have traded or drafted another option to this mammoth contract…..but he didn’t

as far as Dak and his agent……they have to shoot for the moon and hope somebody would be stupid enough to go for it. Next 2 years I believe that Dak makes 49 and 53 million respectively…..that would be the time to restructure to get more talent around him if he wants to help his and the teams cause.

32BellyOption

Reaction score
I keep hearing this mantra from fans who say” I don’t believe Dak is the guy, or is enough, etc..

OK, who really cares what fans believe.

What we need to be discussing or bashing are the ones responsible for believing and investing in Prescott .

It’s like ok. We paid him, why isn’t he meeting those expectations? Instead of maybe the guys who invested in him missed the boat or had ulterior motives or lack thereof.

Personally , I’ve thought he’s been over valued , not Elite and would need much support for the ultimate team success but I see no reason to bash him . It’s not his fault our front office over valued him.

In the meantime , I’ll still root him on like the other 52 guys on the roster. I don’t have to believe in anything. This thought that we can’t support our guys unless we believe in them is pure rubbish and simply egotistical fan rhetoric.

Who cares if you believe in him or not. And nobody cares if you thought you were right. The only ones we hold accountable are the ones making the decisions. That’s who should bear the brunt of the bashing and criticism. They are the ones who continue to believe and invest in him without more success. The fans are just rooting on their guys . Until they aren’t their guys.

If you want to discuss stats and results that’s fine but fans discussing this personal belief is pure crappola. Who cares. Lol

If you’re truly a Cowboy fan you root for every players success. And as with any team when they QB fails so does the team.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
In other words Dak out maneuvered Jethro?

Dak should have said . Pay me less for more years cause I’m not Elite. That will help the team. And I hate to take advantage of the Cowboys Football idiot. Just saying…

Jethro’s mistake was not locking Dak up earlier . Instead he kept waiting hoping the team results would justify a big contract when he knew they were already all in . Just playing the public perception at that point.

We could have signed him for near Wilson’s deal when he was highest paid at 35 million but we didn’t want to pay him top salary then. We should have locked Dak up before his Rookie contact was over . We are all in since his Rookie season.

Once we franchise tagged him we had time to bring in someone else or draft a replacement. Instead we buckled in. Poor management of the situation.

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Reaction score
I've rooted for the team for over 50 years. While that included a few great QBs, it's also included several awful ones. IMO, Dak is neither of those things.

It's about the :star:for me.
If I could root for Quincy Carter and Babe Laufenberg then I can root for Dak.

khiladi

Reaction score
Maybe we can root on Jerry and Stephen Jones while we are at it..