CFZ Do we need to believe in Prescott to root him on?

LittleD

Reaction score
There’s plenty of blame to go around.

We haven’t had a good enough team IMO. We have arguably had a toxic atmosphere. Who do we hold responsible for that?

No blame... Jerry owns most of Frisco now and his empire grows by the day. Football is a business not a game unless you like to wager.

Brax

Reaction score
Then why is all of the bashing on Prescott? I certainly don’t see these critics bashing our ownership accordingly for over paying him. In the end , who’s the bigger fool and or more responsible ?
There are some who bash him regardless but what’s the difference from you bashing Jerry constantly? If you are a fan it shouldn’t matter just like with Dak. There’s no difference from criticism of Dak after a poor game against a quality team that happens often or the flip side of 1001 excuses of why it wasn’t his fault. Jerry isn’t changing so it is what it is so stop complaining and enjoy the wins or buy the team. 27 years of poor FO and HCs or 6 going on 7 years of failure from the QB and coaches to find the answer. if you’re a fan complain but 99 percent of fans are pulling for whoever is playing and when it’s over each is entitled to their opinions whether you or anyone else likes them, it’s why forums like this are used to voice them.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
No blame... Jerry owns most of Frisco now and his empire grows by the day. Football is a business not a game unless you like to wager.
Yep ..But yet we still have expectations and or hold some accountable?

Flamma

Reaction score
I do not pay any attention to any of that. I only know what they say because it gets posted here.

Same with me. I only watch some of that here. In fact, as I'm typing this, I couldn't tell you what network they were on.

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score
I keep hearing this mantra from fans who say” I don’t believe Dak is the guy, or is enough, etc..

OK, who really cares what fans believe.

What we need to be discussing or bashing are the ones responsible for believing and investing in Prescott .

It’s like ok. We paid him, why isn’t he meeting those expectations? Instead of maybe the guys who invested in him missed the boat or had ulterior motives or lack thereof.

Personally , I’ve thought he’s been over valued , not Elite and would need much support for the ultimate team success but I see no reason to bash him . It’s not his fault our front office over valued him.

In the meantime , I’ll still root him on like the other 52 guys on the roster. I don’t have to believe in anything. This thought that we can’t support our guys unless we believe in them is pure rubbish and simply egotistical fan rhetoric.

Who cares if you believe in him or not. And nobody cares if you thought you were right. The only ones we hold accountable are the ones making the decisions. That’s who should bear the brunt of the bashing and criticism. They are the ones who continue to believe and invest in him without more success. The fans are just rooting on their guys . Until they aren’t their guys.

If you want to discuss stats and results that’s fine but fans discussing this personal belief is pure crappola. Who cares. Lol

Root for him on Sundays, but then be honest about what you think about his performance afterwards.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
There are some who bash him regardless but what’s the difference from you bashing Jerry constantly? If you are a fan it shouldn’t matter just like with Dak. There’s no difference from criticism of Dak after a poor game against a quality team that happens often or the flip side of 1001 excuses of why it wasn’t his fault. Jerry isn’t changing so it is what it is so stop complaining and enjoy the wins or buy the team. 27 years of poor FO and HCs or 6 going on 7 years of failure from the QB and coaches to find the answer. if you’re a fan complain but 99 percent of fans are pulling for whoever is playing and when it’s over each is entitled to their opinions whether you or anyone else likes them, it’s why forums like this are used to voice them.
True and it’s my opinion some of these fans are holding the wrong pieces responsible. And creating expectations unfounded.

Just because the core problem is removable doesn’t mean we should take the pressure off. And start blaming others who are.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Jones owns it all and he has no accountability. He is the King of all in his world and answers to no one.
I’d argue he does have accountability . We’ve just never cumulatively exercised our power .

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Same with me. I only watch some of that here. In fact, as I'm typing this, I couldn't tell you what network they were on.
The bigger point I’m attempting to make is the members here who use these Hacks in the media to support their own agenda or narrative like Stephen A an admitted Cowboys Troll for example , then they are basically aligning themself as a similar Hack. And we should consider them as such. Especially if their message continually aligns with. If it looks and sounds like duck. Quack quack.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I keep hearing this mantra from fans who say” I don’t believe Dak is the guy, or is enough, etc..

What we need to be discussing or bashing are the ones responsible for believing and investing in Prescott .

It’s like ok. We paid him, why isn’t he meeting those expectations? Instead of maybe the guys who invested in him missed the boat or had ulterior motives or lack thereof.

Personally , I’ve thought he’s been over valued , not Elite and would need much support for the ultimate team success but I see no reason to bash him . It’s not his fault our front office over valued him.

In the meantime , I’ll still root him on like the other 52 guys on the roster. I don’t have to believe in anything. This thought that we can’t support our guys unless we believe in them is pure rubbish and simply egotistical fan rhetoric.

Who cares if you believe in him or not. And nobody cares if you thought you were right. The only ones we hold accountable are the ones making the decisions. That’s who should bear the brunt of the bashing and criticism. They are the ones who continue to believe and invest in him without more success. The fans are just rooting on their guys . Until they aren’t their guys.

If you want to discuss stats and results that’s fine but fans discussing this personal belief is pure crappola. Who cares. Lol
Root for DAK DAK DAK DAK:flagwave: 200 Yards 1 TD.20% of our cap but rah rah rah for DAK.......COWBOYS who dat??????:(
Take your meds man.....please!!!!:confused:
P.S. We all root for all Cowboy players including Dak but he keeps laying those eggs and breaking our Cowboy hearts!

LittleD

Reaction score
I’d argue he does have accountability . We’ve just never cumulatively exercised our power .

As long as his fans clamor for seats, eat his overpriced food, buy his jerseys, take tours of his holdings, he's laughing all the way to his gold vault.

Flamma

Reaction score
The bigger point I’m attempting to make is the members here who use these Hacks in the media to support their own agenda or narrative like Stephen A an admitted Cowboys Troll for example , then they are basically aligning themself as a similar Hack. And we should consider them as such. Especially if their message continually aligns with. If it looks and sounds like duck. Quack quack.

What I can't figure out is why it matters to so many people the opinions of another? Some people take it personally. So what if someone doesn't like a player? Why should that bother me? I would imagine 99% of Dallas fans root for the Cowboys regardless of what they think of Dak or any player.

I think the key to all of this is how you attempt to get your point across that rubs people the wrong way. Using a video is just an easier way of getting your point across without having to type it. Like a broken clock being right twice a day, even hacks get it right from time to time. Or at least make a good point.

Football is very hard to predict. That's why I chuckle when people are referred to as draft experts. Or football experts in general. There's no such thing.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
What I can't figure out is why it matters to so many people the opinions of another? Some people take it personally. So what if someone doesn't like a player? Why should that bother me? I would imagine 99% of Dallas fans root for the Cowboys regardless of what they think of Dak or any player.

I think the key to all of this is how you attempt to get your point across that rubs people the wrong way. Using a video is just an easier way of getting your point across without having to type it. Like a broken clock being right twice a day, even hacks get it right from time to time. Or at least make a good point.

Football is very hard to predict. That's why I chuckle when people are referred to as draft experts. Or football experts in general. There's no such thing.
Personal opinions are fine . But when you try and dominate the airwaves and narrative in every thread pertaining to the subject then it becomes a problem.

Acceptablename

Reaction score

If your pulling against your team players you’ve lost the purpose and are living in the world of grievances

Brax

Reaction score
True and it’s my opinion some of these fans are holding the wrong pieces responsible. And creating expectations unfounded.

Just because the core problem is removable doesn’t mean we should take the pressure off. And start blaming others who are.
What should the fans expectations be? The core problem isn’t removable so there isn’t anything that’s going to change regardless of what fans do unless they embarrass Jerry and start wearing bags over their heads to games. As for holding the players making elite money and not performing to that level fans should hold them accountable it’s what fans do, every Dallas QB has been booed and held accountable by the fans since I’ve watched from Eddie LeBarron on so why do you think it is ever going to change. There’s only on cure to stop the QB criticism and that’s start winning games that matter and start playing for 4 quarters instead of 1 1/2 at the end. If Dak and this team with the way the D is playing doesn’t make a very deep playoff run you haven’t seen anything yet.