Do we still target Donald? Or do we go S in round one?

Vanilla2

Reaction score
If it's safety I want Ha Ha

But if Donald is there it's a no brainer to pick him.

Tobal

Reaction score
First off see who is there if you love someoe grab him, if you have several guys rated the same see what trade offers are there.

I'd have a tough time passing on Donald myself. If he's not there and no surprises fall to you i'd see what deals were out there. I could live with Martin, Jernigan, Pryor and maybe even Sua Filo at 16 if there was no trade back. Ford or Ealy in a trade back

CyberB0b

Village Idiot
Reaction score
Or offensive live, defensive end, free safety, Linebacker.?

We locked up Melton so Donald isn't a need.

Remember last year when guys like Ware, Ratliff, Hatcher, and Spencer were going into the season as our starters? Do you remember what the result of that was? Don't assume a guy coming off an injury is going to be 100%.

ceerrece

Reaction score
what about LB? if C.J. Mosley is at 16th and Donald and Jernigan are gone, i would take him... LB is a huge need too, Lee just can't play for a complete season.

TheFinisher

Reaction score
So many options now, and with signing Melton definitely takes pressure off.

Barr, Donald, Jernigan, Hageman, Ford, Pryor, Gilbert, Martin, Clinton Dix, Mosley, Evans, Shazier

I'd be happy with any of them.

Mrdude108

Corleone
Reaction score
If Donald is there and they like him, they should still take him. What if Melton just bombs this year and they don't pick up the options. He steps right in at 3T but if not, they can move them around during games, shuffle them or use them in a rotation and always have a fresh 3T.

From what I've heard, none of the safeties are really worth a high first round pick this year. I've read multiple places saying in the last few drafts, they wouldn't even be first rounders. I've also heard, I believe on the Cowboys website draft show that Dallas has taken safety off it's first round board.

I would go BPA. I would use defense as a tie breaker if you like an offensive player and defensive player. I would lean toward D-Line personally, unless one of those stud tackles or linebackers fall (Barr, Mack, Mosley?) I wouldn't be surprised if they took a WR, hopefully not at 16 unless it's Watkins or Evans, but in a trade down. For the love of god don't take a TE or RB.

If Carr doesn't rebound, they'll likely cut him next year and may need a CB. The options are ridiculous. I'm on team trade down currently though.

supercowboy8

Reaction score
What's wrong w early? Just ask in.

You mean Ealy? Not a fan. Takes alot of snaps off and doesn't dominate. Good player but at 16 he would be a major reach. Critchton is a better player imo. Ealy might be serviceable and always good but will never be great and at 16 I'm looking for great. I'm looking for a difference maker. Maybe in a trade back i'm Fi e with Ealy. I just do see the it factor when watching him.

supercowboy8

Reaction score
I think we have to go DE unless we get Allen too.
Who you take. No DE worth the 16th pick.
If you want to draft for need then trade back and draft your top DE. Every DE that will be at 16 should be there at 25 or 26

DTown214

Reaction score
Here's my list of people whom we should take in the first round, in order, now that we've signed Melton...

1. Aaron Donald - still too talented to pass on if available. And it's not like our d-line is amazing all of a sudden just because of Melton, it's still pretty weak, so we could definitely use him.

2. Calvin Pryor - our secondary was so weak last year, this kid is the next Ed Reed

3. Haha Clinton-Dix - second best safety IMO, very talented

texbumthelife

Reaction score
I'm more terrified of Ealy

I just don't even know what to think of Ealy. He may be the biggest boom/bust potential of anyone in this draft. He has the size and ability to become an elite edge rusher but he doesn't seem to have the motor or the fire.

Then again, that also describes the players many are predicting to go first overall...

supercowboy8

Reaction score
Donald and Gilbert are the only guys I would take at 16. Of course that with reason that Clowney, Watkin, and Mack are taken. If those two are gone by 16 then trade back and add an extra pick. Get value with your pick just please do not reach.

If we can trade back in to the mid 20 then I think you get value for any position. DE, S, OL, and even a 1 tech.

supercowboy8

Reaction score
I just don't even know what to think of Ealy. He may be the biggest boom/bust potential of anyone in this draft. He has the size and ability to become an elite edge rusher but he doesn't seem to have the motor or the fire.

Then again, that also describes the players many are predicting to go first overall...
Clowney is a freak when he wants to be. Ealy isn't. Ealy doesn't fire off the ball and get lost sometimes. Most of his sacks came from the qb being flushed out or trying to he time. Ealy is good so Ealy fans please don't kill me here but he just isn't it at 16.

I was looking at some mcShay and kiter and all the guys at cbs and nfl.com. Ealy goes in the 1st very few times. And when he does 20th to Arizona which I can't see is the earliest.