Do you care if we resign Dak?

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
He’s the most important player we have. If you can’t see that you’re following the wrong sport. His play in the playoffs has been better than a lot of the players around him especially on the defensive side of the ball. Every regular on this forum that has a clue knows that I know what I’m talking about. My posting history will back that up. :thumbup:
The starting QB is the most important player on ANY football team.

It doesn’t make the person playing the QB the most important on the team. After all, QBs can be replaced.

There’s a clear distinction.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He’s the most important player we have. If you can’t see that you’re following the wrong sport. His play in the playoffs has been better than a lot of the players around him especially on the defensive side of the ball. Every regular on this forum that has a clue knows that I know what I’m talking about. My posting history will back that up. :thumbup:
And that of course means he can NEVER be replaced EVER.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
The starting QB is the most important player on ANY team.

It doesn’t make the person playing the QB the most important on the team.

It doesn’t matter who the QB is or if they aren’t any good, they’re still the most important player on their team. If they’re not any good, their team is going lose and miss the playoffs every year. That makes them important regardless of they’re not any good. If they’re not any good, it drags your entire team down. You can’t simply win with defense and running the ball all day, like the 85 Bears and the 2000 Ravens. The NFL is a QB driven passing league these days, which is why QBs are getting paid so much money. The rules have made it tougher to play defense but easier to throw the ball and score. RBs have been devalued and the best running threat some teams have is their QB. QBs are doing it all these days. There’s a reason the top of the draft is loaded with QBs being taken.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
It doesn’t matter who the QB is or if they aren’t any good, they’re still the most important player on their team. If they’re not any good, their team is going lose and miss the playoffs every year. That makes them important regardless of they’re not any good. If they’re not any good, it drags your entire team down. You can’t simply win with defense and running the ball all day, like the 85 Bears and the 2000 Ravens. The NFL is a QB driven passing league these days, which is why QBs are getting paid so much money. The rules have made it tougher to play defense but easier to throw the ball and score. RBs have been devalued and the best running threat some teams have is their QB. QBs are doing it all these days. There’s a reason the top of the draft is loaded with QBs being taken.
Bold above: And this is our Dak. Very well stated, KJJ. See the light? lol. You funny KJJ.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
It doesn’t make the person playing the QB the most important on the team. After all, QBs can be replaced.

You’re thinking is highly skewed if you believe that. The QB is always the most important player on the team regardless who’s playing the position. They influence the outcome of games more than any other player. Had you said it doesn’t make the person playing QB the best player on the team you would be accurate. Not every QB is the best player on their team, but they are the most important player.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
At least "he’s pretty good and kept them competitive"
This is the result of decades of jerrys brainwashing techniques!
The cowboys look good at times and people think next year they will get to the SB.
That never happens, it always ends in a loss in WC or div Round for decades.

But people keep filling up the stadium, and buying merchandise, so it doesnt matter that they always lose by div round,
people just never wise up lol.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
The starting QB is the most important player on ANY football team.

I have to quote you again because that comment makes absolutely no sense! :rolleyes: You’re saying the starting QB is the most important player on ANY team but then you turn around and say it doesn’t make the person playing the QB the most important on the team. :huh: I’ll repeat what I said in my last comment. It may not make them the “best” player on the team but regardless if they suck they’re still the most important player on the team. By the way, all QBs are not easily replaced. Sure, you can replace them, but it doesn’t mean the next QB will be any better.

kskboys

Reaction score
A lot of people say the opposite...so please expound on Dak's "mental acuity". Does he process the game in the same way Brady, Rodgers, myhommes, Brees?
No, but that's a discussion that has been run into the ground where the two sides do nothing but spat incessantly w/ both sides lying.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
No, but that's a discussion that has been run into the ground where the two sides do nothing but spat incessantly w/ both sides lying.
Welll yeah...true that.

I'm a huge Rush fan...as a guy who proved a lot of people HERE...wrong. The calls to tank the season now!....were deafening. But he played well enough to save the season.

Funny nobody admits now to saying it. .

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Welll yeah...true that.

I'm a huge Rush fan...as a guy who proved a lot of people HERE...wrong. The calls to tank the season now!....were deafening. But he played well enough to save the season.

Rush did good that season. He only lost to philly, in phil ! and I am sure dak would have lost that game had he played.

kskboys

Reaction score
Welll yeah...true that.

I did and I do.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
The only way to get new blood in here , is to not extend dak or lamb, and maybe
not sign parsons, if he doesnt come back to planet earth soon.

If they let dak walk or worked a miracle trade, for dak, then they have to find someone else, and maybe draft a rd 1 guy.
If they extend dak, they wont do anything in the area of qb lol.
When daks next contract is up they still wont have done anything!

The only way jerry will put any effort into finding a dak replacement, is if dak is no longer here.

If jerry hires Zim as HC or keeps MM, I dont see where anything changes enough to get different results in playoffs.
It isnt all on dak for the last 3 playoff losses, it is being out coached also.

edit
I will say this, and get razzed for it, but I would rather have ben dinucci as qb than dak.
He looked good in xfl and I think he is free now and could be picked up cheap.

Ben for 3 mil a year, or
Dak for 55-60?

kskboys

Reaction score
KJJ said:
With you and your baby brother’s attitude, I don’t know why you even bother following the team.
Now you've done it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm even more confused, didn't think that was possible!!!!!!!

No, but really, I think you're confusing me w/ someone else. I'm an advocate of letting fans fan the way they want, and defend the right thereof.