Do you despise Jerry Jones?

cowboyblue22

Reaction score
jimmy johnson was the builder of the 90s teams i dislike jerry and his son a lot wish he would hire a real gm or sell the team but i really dont like the jones

Diehardblues

Reaction score
True, but Garrett had to go, no indication he would ever do any better, 10 years is long enough, at best, and too long, probably.

Change isn't always for the better, just look at the Eagles. Vermeil got them to the SB, then he was fired, and followed by a succession of lousy head coaches - Marion Campbell, Fred Bruney (who?), Buddy Ryan, Rich Kotite and Ray Rhodes, several of which are on the list as the worst head coaches EVER, but then Reid came along, got them back to the SB, but lost.

Eventually Pederson came along and it was a SB win. To expect to get rid of Garrett and bingo! the next coach returns this team to glory isn't realistic, yes it happens but there are far more failures.

All we can do is hang on and hope for the best...
Your basic flaw is comparing our situation to other teams.

And your hope rest on that someone can do better in this dysfunctional organization.

There is more we can do. We can rise up and call it out.

Last edited:

DoctorChicken

Reaction score
There are very few people on earth I "despise", and Jerry being a bad football general manager doesn't come close to qualifying him. It's not like he's out trying to hurt people.

kskboys

Reaction score
There are very few people on earth I "despise", and Jerry being a bad football general manager doesn't come close to qualifying him. It's not like he's out trying to hurt people.
Use whatever word you want. I hate/despise/don't like/dislike/find contemptible/feel great scorn toward/disapprove of/loathe/detest/abhor Jerry.

Why? Jerry knows and has publicly admitted he's a terrible GM. He refuses to do the work of a GM such as watching film, and yet wants to be the final say. He's torn this team apart w/ odd drafting and horrific blueprint and philosophy.

The semantics of what I feel toward Jerry is irrelevant.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
Your basic flaw is comparing our situation to other teams.

And your hope rest on that someone can do better in this dysfunctional organization.

All we have is hope, otherwise I'd just quit watching the NFL at all, because I can't go for another team, just ain't happening...

uvaballa

Reaction score
Not a huge fan. Wish he didn’t think he was smart enough to build a great team and just let someone else do it.

JW82

JJ21
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Curious to get other’s takes. In the beginning I loved Jerry Jones. He was brash. He hired Jimmy Johnson. He acted like he would do anything to win. Firing Jimmy was the beginning of my hate for the guy. He seemed like a complete narcissist. A string of bad hirings and the franchise was in the toilet. I started to feel better with the Parcells hiring. I thought Jerry may have learned his lesson and was back to being serious. We now know that was a publicity stunt to get his stadium built. His hubris really took off. I hated the Garrett hire. It made no sense. The guy hadn’t exhibited anything that would suggest he would be a great HC. Jerry jammed Garrett and his nonsense down fans throats for 10 years. I liked the McCarthy hire but he wouldn’t have been my first choice. I wanted a lunatic taskmaster like Meyer to shake this lazy culture up. Now it seems like the place is finally imploding. I pity Mike McCarthy. This is not his fault.

I do not differentiate between Jerry the GM and Jerry the owner. The are codependent and both suck. I also don’t buy the Jerry is a nice guy bit.

Count me in the I despise Jerry group.

Where are you guys?

Same. Use to defend him. That ended when the drunken video came out with him complaining about having to walk on eggshells around parcels who he only brought in to build a stadium.. screw him

kskboys

Reaction score
Same. Use to defend him. That ended when the drunken video came out with him complaining about having to walk on eggshells around parcels who he only brought in to build a stadium.. screw him
Me too. What opened my eyes more than anything was the 09 special teams draft. Don't know as I've ever seen such idiocy.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
All we have is hope, otherwise I'd just quit watching the NFL at all, because I can't go for another team, just ain't happening...
Nothing wrong with hope. Cub fans had hope for a 100 years. Browns fans still have hope.

But realistic expectations based on recent history and results is a more healthy mindset.

JJHLH1

Reaction score
I don’t hate Jerry as a person. And I think he is a good owner.

But he’s undeniably a bad GM who has an ego problem, and we are doomed to failure until he hires a competent GM and gives him complete control.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
I despise what Jerry has done to a once great team by turning them into what they are today! :angry:
They're just a pathetically incompetent organization that has lowered the C'boys to their level. :omg:

Diehardblues

Reaction score

But he’s undeniably a bad GM who has an ego problem, and we are doomed to failure until he hires a competent GM and gives him complete control.
He could be a good owner if he’d hire a real GM and get out of the way.

kskboys

Reaction score

THE OWNER HIRES THE GM.

Think about that. The owner insists on a terrible GM. How is he a good owner?

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I despise what Jerry has done to a once great team by turning them into what they are today!

They're just a pathetically incompetent organization that has lowered the C'boys to their level.
Once we accept that the Bar has been lowered here it’s easier to adjust our mindset.

It’s why I’m always amazed of our popularity this era when we haven’t had much more success than perineal dormant franchises.

Maybe it will take another generations lack of success to bring this franchise fans to a clearer understanding what we’ve become. 25 years hasn’t been long enough.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
Nothing wrong with hope. Cub fans had hope for a 100 years. Browns fans still have hope.

But realistic expectations based on recent history and results is a more healthy mindset.

History and results is no SBs for 26 years, few really good seasons. So it's healthy to mire myself in misery?

:facepalm: