Do you despise Jerry Jones?

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I don’t despise Jerry. I don’t take my sports serious enough to hate anyone.

BUT....
  • Am I done with Jerry? Yes. Have been for years.
  • Do I think he’s a good owner? No. A good owner would fire this GM. Would have years ago.
  • Do I think he has something wrong with him as in some kind of fundamental insecurity that makes him a selfish narcissist? Yes.
  • Do I think he is getting worse? Yes.
  • Do I think we are helpless to do anything to make him change? Absolutely not. It’s going to take some of the season ticket holders and former players helping though.

The season ticket holders are mostly corporations who use the seats as junkets for clients. When they don't use the seats, they just sell them on the open market. They've already paid the whopping PSL fee for the right to buy the seats. So, don't be expecting a principled stand against mediocrity from season ticket holders. Jerry priced the real fans out of the stadium when he built ATT........he doesn't even want them in the parking lots before the games. If you want to tailgate for a cowboy game, better do it quick. They don't open the parking lots until 3 hours before game time. The Cowboys have the worst tailgate scene in the NFL..

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I would love to see a group of former players try to buy the team. I know it is highly unlikely Jerry would sell, but just having the public responding positively to the idea of a new ownership group with new ideas, new hope...at the very least let Jerry get the message he has lost this fan base. It’s a message he needs to hear.
Id love to see that and I applaud your efforts here Bob but unfortunately he hasn’t lost this fan base.

He had them all right under his thumb just a few months ago after announcing a coaching change. Fans bought we were a SB contender again. And we have fans who believe he’s already taking a lesser role delegating more to his Cheapskate Son.

To us it’s a 3 Alarm Fire with this season but we’ve seen this all before. We’d need several consecutive years of seasons like this to begin to have some effect. The first glimpse of some success like winning the division and playoffs fans will be pacified.

Redsfan_83

Reaction score
There isn't an owner in pro sports who wants to win more than him...problem is he has no idea how to do this

Diehardblues

Reaction score
The season ticket holders are mostly corporations who use the seats as junkets for clients. When they don't use the seats, they just sell them on the open market. They've already paid the whopping PSL fee for the right to buy the seats. So, don't be expecting a principled stand against mediocrity from season ticket holders. Jerry priced the real fans out of the stadium when he built ATT........he doesn't even want them in the parking lots before the games. If you want to tailgate for a cowboy game, better do it quick. They don't open the parking lots until 3 hours before game time. The Cowboys have the worst tailgate scene in the NFL..
Yea, unfortunately the stadium revenue isn’t something fans can control as the fix is already in. But they can bring demoralizing signs which would embarrass our ownership which might be our best appeal at this time. Public humiliation!!

Beaker42

Reaction score
Curious to get other’s takes. In the beginning I loved Jerry Jones. He was brash. He hired Jimmy Johnson. He acted like he would do anything to win. Firing Jimmy was the beginning of my hate for the guy. He seemed like a complete narcissist. A string of bad hirings and the franchise was in the toilet. I started to feel better with the Parcells hiring. I thought Jerry may have learned his lesson and was back to being serious. We now know that was a publicity stunt to get his stadium built. His hubris really took off. I hated the Garrett hire. It made no sense. The guy hadn’t exhibited anything that would suggest he would be a great HC. Jerry jammed Garrett and his nonsense down fans throats for 10 years. I liked the McCarthy hire but he wouldn’t have been my first choice. I wanted a lunatic taskmaster like Meyer to shake this lazy culture up. Now it seems like the place is finally imploding. I pity Mike McCarthy. This is not his fault.

I do not differentiate between Jerry the GM and Jerry the owner. The are codependent and both suck. I also don’t buy the Jerry is a nice guy bit.

Count me in the I despise Jerry group.

Where are you guys?
YES - with every fiber of my being.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
You? Really? Of all people, its always the guy who starts 40 identical threads on the topic that ends up surprising everyone.

Picture my shocked face.

Hah. There you go. Just being a sarcastic little guy. Thanks for your opinion little fella.

LifetimeBoysFan

Reaction score
Jerry Jones is politician disguised as an owner. He sells you on a bill of goods, we’re going to be great. Then millions of excuses happen as to why it never pans out, none are ever his fault though. If someone does something good, he wants full credit though. I feel like we are the only franchise in the NFL run by a crooked politician.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
But his choices at this point are really just when to run his mouth and for how long. The football decisions were turned over to Will McClay a long time ago. Stephen does the finance side and Jerry rushes to the scene when TV cameras go on, but he is really a veto authority than a nuts and bolts decision maker.
This is a popular idea, and maybe it's true, but I don't know if that's a certainty. Jerry has never proven to be a guy to take a back seat, and I can't imagine he isn't still strongly inclined to play with his toy.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Jerry Jones is politician disguised as an owner. He sells you on a bill of goods, we’re going to be great. Then millions of excuses happen as to why it never pans out, none are ever his fault though. If someone does something good, he wants full credit though. I feel like we are the only franchise in the NFL run by a crooked politician.
Yes but at some point we must stop taking the bait or ultimately the fans are the bigger culprit.

Fool me once shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me.

BermyStar

Reaction score
I don't despise him at all. His passion and his desires are in the right place. He just misplaced his trust... in himself to be GM.

bewp7

Reaction score
yes and i can not even say i like jerry as the owner because he use that to make himself the un fireable un touchable gm.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
This is a popular idea, and maybe it's true, but I don't know if that's a certainty. Jerry has never proven to be a guy to take a back seat, and I can't imagine he isn't still strongly inclined to play with his toy.
Yep

We know that our owner is influenced by those around him but he still makes final decisions. Remember what Parcells said” have to convince Jerry to go against his instincts”.

In either case whoever has been making the decisions or influencing them, they all need to go. Clean sweep.

kskboys

Reaction score
There isn't an owner in pro sports who wants to win more than him...problem is he has no idea how to do this
He knows he's a bad GM and has stated so. How in the world do you see that as wanting to win?

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I promise you he’s not interested in owning the Cowboys if he’s not involved. He hasn’t wavered since Day 1.

Not sure why fans struggle so much with it. It’s too late to turn back now. The fix is in. He appreciates your support. Lol

BermyStar

Reaction score
His passion and desires are in himself. How is that the right place?
His ego is a motivating factor, but if you don't think he wants his team to be successful we can agree to disagree. Not like any of us can say definitively what his passions and desires are.

So I should have said "I think his passions and desires are in the right place"