CZ POLL Do you feel better about the team now than you did before preseason started?

Do you feel better about the team now than you did before preseason started?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

cityochamps

What Just Happened Here
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
18-Laughing-Really-Hard-Gif.gif

tyke1doe

Reaction score
I always have hope when a season starts. I wanna believe the Cowboys have what it takes to be a Super Bowl contender.

That being said, I'm remind of who Dak was after Dez left and before Cooper got here. And now the player we kept instead of Cooper is coming off a severe injury, and we're relying on a patchwork offensive line and a running back who is already past his prime and takes himself out of the game after every 7 yard scamper.

I'm encourage by the defense but foresee struggles from the offense.

I was ready to chalk up a victory over the Bucs with their own offensive line worries, and then Tyron Smith goes down.

No, I'm not feeling better but as Red said ... I hope.

visionary

Reaction score
Why would any sane person feel better?

no LT
If Smith goes to LT, then no LOG
Mediocre OC
RT unknown
Mediocre DT
WR serious question marks

morasp

Reaction score
Better, may feel different later on. I think the OL will be better by the end of the season than they were last year at that time especially the run blocking. I feel like the defense will be better against the run and have a better pass rush by the end of the season. I think the WR group will be just fine by the end of the season.

Montanalo

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
About the same... if recent history is a guide, then I think most expected Tyron Smith to miss games - maybe not most of the season, but still miss several games.

The defense is likely a bit better than advertised, while the offense is probably a bit worse

DoctorChicken

Reaction score
I feel good about the defense.

I do not feel good that we’re one or two OL injuries away from a ruined season.

TheCritic

Reaction score
The Tyron Smith situation spoke volumes on just how unprepared the Cowboys are this season. All the focus went towards addressing the defense and keeping Quinn happy. I'm not sad to see them cut the dead weight of overpriced vets, but they should have signed more FAs.

EGTuna

Reaction score
Worse. Even though I expected Tyron to miss about 5 games, once it was revealed he will likely miss most, if not all of the regular season, I lost most hope that this offense will be capable of beating good defenses. The defense should be good at holding most teams to 24 points or less, but they will almost assuredly regress to the mean in the number of TOs and TDs scored, as it is very rare for any defense to repeat as the TO leader.

cowboys1981

Reaction score
Oline and DT are spots I'm not comfortable with. A physical team on the line will give us problems on both sides. Like SF did.

I am impressed with the rookies for the most part.

Crown Royal

Insulin Beware
Reaction score
overall the same.

Worse about the OL, K
Same about the DL, CBs, WRs, QBs, RBs, P
Better about Safety, LB, TEs, KR/PR

chicago JK

Reaction score
I feel the same. I don't have particularly high expectations this year. I expect it to be an evaluation season with eyes towards 23 and 24. Although the NFC is wide open right now.

kskboys

Reaction score
Some of us didn’t expect him to play the entire season anyway. He hasn’t played a full season since 2015 missing over 30 games during that stretch including 6 games last year . It’s not a matter of if but when.

He was a concern going in. As was our OL. Good news is we now when when he won’t be here and when he’ll be back. My expectations for the season haven’t changed much.
I haven't counted on Tyron in years.

JBS

Reaction score
If you feel worse you have nobody to blame except yourself

w that said, this isn’t meant to mean you should feel better

you should have seen this coming!

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
Taking the Tyron Smith injury out (it was comming when should not sway this poll) ..the DT's are looking much better and the defense looks stout..Tyler Smith has shown promise and they added Turpin..so yes.

Status
Not open for further replies.