Do you let a 24 year old game changing DT go to make your malcontent RB happy?

ESisback

Reaction score
Opinion forum. Don’t agree, move on.

Opinions by many create DEBATES. It’s all part of it. The Eeyores give their opinion, then the homers, then the reasonable people, and so on.

But answer my question. Do you ever enjoy the moment?

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Or you can word it like

Do you let your probowl running back and arguably one of the 3 best RB's in the game for someone who may turn out to be another Tyrone Crawford?

Or, you can just tell the truth. The truth is that this guy is getting paid 8 mil this year, of which 4 mil he has already been paid, to play RB in 2019. He hasn't shown up for work, he has a minimum of two years left on his contract and he is flirting with suspension every time you turn around. I mean, since we are painting pictures here, lets paint them accurately.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
would elliot take top 3 pay?

Elliott, apparently, won't even take an offer that matches the top pay in the NFL at his position. He wants to be clear and away the top guy, in every area. So much for those who argued market value or offering him a fair deal or offering him a top contract in at least on of the areas considered valuable.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Maliek Collins has the same agent that Dak does. That tells me that he's not foregoing free agency to sign here at a discount. I had some hopes that it might happen, but I don't think there's a chance.

I think Collins balls out and is in line for huge money next year. It will be frustrating to have to watch him leave next year, but we will get small comfort in the form of a top compensatory pick the following year. Just too bad that he finally realized his potential in the year he walks out the door.
DL get overpaid in FA, so if Collins has a good year we could see a 3rd round comp

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I like Collins but calling him a game-changing DT based on a handful of pre-season snaps is ridiculous.
This.

Collins is a good player, he hasnt been dominant at what his strength is. He has just been solid.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Maybe. Then again, maybe we should wait until "Gale Sayers" plays a regular season game - better still an entire season - before making such proclamations?

I'm not promoting Pollard to Sayers myself, but I'll promote him to good rotational RB already. It's not certain, but that's my bet. If every 4th round RB we pick looks as good in preseason, we should be taking one every year.

StuckMojo

Reaction score
would elliot take top 3 pay?

Apparently not.

Maybe Jaylon’s contract is team friendly(I don’t know enough about the structure of his contract) but I read it is top 3 and I don’t believe he is that good just yet. I keep hearing on here that he is team 1st but top 3 pay at your position is pretty damn good pay.