Do you like the hiring of Dan Quinn?

StarBoyz83

Reaction score
If he had nothing to do with the defense in Atlanta than its worth a shot.

ESisback

Reaction score
By your disjointed response and the fact you’re only the second person who commented to my post containing that link. The other fan who replied posted in that thread and loved the Nolan hire at the time.

Disjointed?!? Cowboyec commented on Quinn saying “solid hire”. He didn’t mention Nolan in this thread, you did. My comment was based on all the negative responses to the Quinn hire. My whole point was that it didn’t matter who they hired—people would gripe. I’m merely tired of the whining. I didn’t mention Nolan. You simply ASSUMED that I supported his hire.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Disjointed?!? Cowboyec commented on Quinn saying “solid hire”. He didn’t mention Nolan in this thread, you did. My comment was based on all the negative responses to the Quinn hire. My whole point was that it didn’t matter who they hired—people would gripe. I’m merely tired of the whining. I didn’t mention Nolan. You simply ASSUMED that I supported his hire.

Cowboyec did mention Nolan. He commented that he loved the Nolan hire at the time. Really don’t know why you’re making such a big deal over this.

i did at the time.
win some.
lose some.

ESisback

Reaction score
Cowboyec did mention Nolan. He commented that he loved the Nolan hire at the time. Really don’t know why you’re making such a big deal over this.

I’m not. Just asking.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
I'll give DQ a pass for the first year, in view of the hinderance of inheriting such highly limited talent. I also believe he'll be as good or better than any of the other eight candidates being considered. I'm inclined to judge him by how he did in Seattle, rather than in Atlanta.

Everywhere DQ has gone in the past, the players have loved him, without a doubt. Being accepted by the players helps. It's good enough for me to give him a thumbs up. I think we could have surely done worse. After Nolan's job in 2020, any change at all should be great.

Last edited:

dwmyers

Reaction score
I don't like the Quinn hiring. Raheem Morris was the better DC on the Falcons than DQ (who was officially the HC and DC in 2019).

Raheem is who I would have hired. Dan Quinn is well spoken though and talked himself into this job.

He will need his stud SS to emulate his best years in Atlanta. Keanu Neal was his guy and as Keanu went, so did his defenses.

D-

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Each scenario is an experience unto itself. Quinn will be judged by what he does next year and after with Dallas. That seems fair!:thumbup:

Last edited:

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Thats what I really think. A lot of the coaching staff that was worse than ours were the Jets, Jags, Texans, Falcons, Chargers, and maybe the Bengals (and even then, they won a big game against the Steelers). All of their coaches (minus Bengals) fired their HC mid season/end of the season. They will be moving on to bigger and better things. Us? We keep furthering ourselves down the rabbit hole. We will continue to descend until we reach the core of the Earth.
You just gave me a great idea for a new team name, just in case there is a sensitive group of Cowboys out there somewhere, and we are forced to change the team name,, could be the Dallas Drill Bits !!!!!

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
MM is also known for being lazy and having a low football IQ. He didn’t coach an impressive game all year. I honestly think Garrett would have won more games.
Now that is enough truth right there to make most that read this need to seek some form of counseling.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
I don't like the Quinn hiring. Raheem Morris was the better DC on the Falcons than DQ (who was officially the HC and DC in 2019).

Raheem is who I would have hired. Dan Quinn is well spoken though and talked himself into this job.

He will need his stud SS to emulate his best years in Atlanta. Keanu Neal was his guy and as Keanu went, so did his defenses.

D-
Well then if this is the process to actually finally obtaining a real safety on this team then so be it.:flagwave:

EPL0c0

The Funcooker
Reaction score
I’ll wait & see.

Some guys are just better coordinators than HCs

I do wonder if he’ll want to bring in Richard Sherman as a guy that knows his system that can help develop the other CBs, AND, as a guy that could add flexible depth CB/FS

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
MM is also known for being lazy and having a low football IQ. He didn’t coach an impressive game all year. I honestly think Garrett would have won more games.
He stunk in 2020. I would have him on notice for 2021. Playoff win or back to the barn.

Hadenough

Reaction score
I like the hiring of Quinn. He has a coached good defense before and knows what it takes and there werent any better choices out there other than Marvin Lewis.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
If Kris Richard will accept a role as DB coach, I'd bring him back. If we draft another quality cb and possibly bring in Earl or some other safety, although we won't have the legion of boom, we could have a solid enough rotation to field a decent defense.

i doubt Kris will be back.

it would be awesome though.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
I'm for it as long as he is allowed to have a 1tech that is drafted above the 4th round if he wants one. Tired of the UDFAs, 7th round guys at the position because the Jones boys couldn't care less about the position.

Allow him to build his defense up the middle like the Seahawks units...strong at DT, MLB and FS.

WIth dlines having a tougher and tougher time getting to QBs, and being less able to legally do anything when they get there, I wonder if MLBs are going to make a comeback in importance. Running QBs are another reason you need a great athlete at MLB.

Really stinks that LVE and Jaylon tanked after 2018.

MLBs and FSs.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Well like I said yesterday, jerry likes guys with big names and former HC's, someone who has done something. JG was the only nobody he hired, well kellen too.
But he likes big names.
Dan fits all the things jerry likes.
I was pretty sure he would be the hire.
Maybe it will be a good hire, maybe not.

I wonder why anyone would want to be DC here aside from the money.
They are stuck with Jaylon as the "cornerstone" Gregory as the ongoing project, LVE as the wounded warrior, no safetys except D. wilson, weak in DB's
no good interior DL, and a GM that gives the priority to offensive players.

Add to that the bad culture, and players that only play hard a few games a year , when they feel like it.
So really any coach that comes here is going to have a hard time getting this team to the next level.

MM is a outdated yes man, and kellen is learn on the job OC. so really Quinn cant be worse than them.

He has a big job trying to whip our defense into one that can stop the run, and pass, and not be the worst defense in the league.
Only 2-3 other teams allowed more points this season.
A truly smart coach would not want to coach the cowboys, ever think about that? I wouldnt want to .

You come here because we are in the worst division in the league. We had the worst defense in the league. 2 of the 3 division opponents have big QB questions. Turn this defense around and you are in the spotlight for all to see with the largest franchise.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
You come here because we are in the worst division in the league. We had the worst defense in the league. 2 of the 3 division opponents have big QB questions. Turn this defense around and you are in the spotlight for all to see with the largest franchise.

they have to fix the run defense.

this is an interesting hire.

DQ is probably the best DC available.

I wonder how big Mike feels about it? He tried to sneak the two passing coordinators through with the first two interviews.

DQ is a DC with HC experience and Super Bowl experience. In theory, he could take over for big Mike without any problems.

has to give big Mike some motivation in 2021.

cowboyec

Reaction score
who the hell cares what i said then or now.
i thought nolan was gonna be good.
he wasn't.
i think quinn is a solid coach...if i'm wrong i'll admit it.
you gonna single out everyone who ever posted something?