Do you prefer a Rested Rams or a Green Bay Matchup?

Jkyle

Reaction score
The Playoff scenario likelihood for the Cowboys "IF" they are the 2 Seed:
If Green bay Wins and the Rams Lose, we would play the Rams.
The Rams will rest players against the 49ers so they don't seem to care if they get the 6 or 7 seed.
Would you rather face Green Bay or Rams?
Both are good at running the ball and have some momentum going into the Playoffs.
The Cowboys will have to play full go to secure the 2 seed so they will have no rest unless they are ahead and can rest players in the game.
The Rams should be fairly rested for their matchup.
Green Bay will also have to go full go in order to beat the Bears and get into the Playoffs.

Nav22

Reaction score
Give me Green Bay all day.

Rams are 6-1 in their last 7 games, with that 1 loss coming in OT at Baltimore. They'd probably be the hottest 7 seed in the history of 7 seeds, in this new playoff format.

Green Bay is a Jekyll and Hyde team that can either look great or like one of the worst teams in football on any given day.

McCarthy needs his revenge vs the Pack too.
:thumbup:

GMO415

Reaction score
I honestly have no preference. Just win. That’s the only focus or thought I have. Just beat whoever we play.
giphy.gif

Rayman70

Reaction score
no preference because in the playoffs everyone is good or they wouldn't be there. What matters the most is do what WE do and do that well. Everything else doesn't matter. If we aren't locked in starting Sunday at DC, then we will be 1 and done the following week. As far as I am concerned, Sunday is the playoffs for us. If we come out lax and sloppy, it will be a loss, and the next week might be the same thing. Philly gift wrapped it for us, and we earned the right to win the division Sunday, lets not muck it up. Lets go get it!!

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I have watched this team lose to Arizona. If Dallas is better than either the Packers or Rams, it should not matter which of the two teams they play.

A one-point win over any of the other six NFC playoff teams lands you in the Super Bowl. Just play better than whoever else is standing on the opposite sidelines.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I have watched this team lose to Arizona. If Dallas is better than either the Packers or Rams, it should not matter which of the two teams they play.

A one-point win over any of the other six NFC playoff teams lands you in the Super Bowl. Just play better than whoever else is standing on the opposite sidelines.
The path matters. The 95 Cowboys would not have won a title had the Packers not beaten the 49ers in the divisional round. At that point those 3 teams were rock, paper, scissors with how they matched up with the other two.

Yobwocs

Reaction score
Packers or Saints. Let's not forget Packers beating Chicago is no guarantee. Last 7 games Chicago has looked like a Top 10 team.

I definitely would not wanna play the Rams. They played the Browns and Ravens much better than the 49ers did. Also.... having the Rams around could give us a chance of someone upsetting the Niners. I guess the Eagles could do it, but the Rams is probably the best chance.

Nav22

Reaction score
The path matters. The 95 Cowboys would not have won a title had the Packers not beaten the 49ers in the divisional round. At that point those 3 teams were rock, paper, scissors with how they matched up with the other two.
Yep. There's a reason we'll all be rooting against SF in the divisional round.

Barry Switzer was 0-3 vs the 49ers as he hoisted that Lombardi Trophy.