Do you prefer a Rested Rams or a Green Bay Matchup?

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The path matters. The 95 Cowboys would not have won a title had the Packers not beaten the 49ers in the divisional round. At that point those 3 teams were rock, paper, scissors with how they matched up with the other two.
An opinion that cannot be proven. I will not argue the point because that will not prove anything either but waste time.

What will happen shall happen. There is no reason for anyone to fret over variables completely out of their hands to control.

JD_KaPow

jimnabby
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Here we go with the “idc about our opponent!”

For most sb runs, the stars have to align. Give me the weaker team (GB, with the QB making his playoffs debut
Right. The playoffs aren't about determining the best team. They're about crowning a champion. Opponents and matchups matter, and the weaker opponents and better matchups we have, the more likely we go far.

SlimBig

Reaction score

For most sb runs, the stars have to align. Give me the weaker team (GB, with the QB making his playoffs debut
Right. No one cares how easy the Eagles' path to the SB was last year.
Real fans/analysts know but they pale in comparison to the overall accolades and praise they got for getting there.

Established1971

fiveandcounting
Reaction score
The Playoff scenario likelihood for the Cowboys "IF" they are the 2 Seed:
If Green bay Wins and the Rams Lose, we would play the Rams.
The Rams will rest players against the 49ers so they don't seem to care if they get the 6 or 7 seed.
Would you rather face Green Bay or Rams?
Both are good at running the ball and have some momentum going into the Playoffs.
The Cowboys will have to play full go to secure the 2 seed so they will have no rest unless they are ahead and can rest players in the game.
The Rams should be fairly rested for their matchup.
Green Bay will also have to go full go in order to beat the Bears and get into the Playoffs.
I think the rest vs not rest stuff is way overblown

fivetwos

Reaction score
Green Bay easily. Not even close.

BUT I think we need Carson Wentz to beat the Niners for that to be possible.

SlimBig

Reaction score
The Rams remind me of the 49ers matchup we had a couple of years ago.
They made a late season surge and were the hottest team going into the playoffs.
Came into our house and ran all over us.

loublue22

Reaction score
The first game against the Rams was weird, we were up 30 thanks to turnovers but they had all the momentum before Stafford got hurt. They are scary for sure, give me GB.

shabazz

Reaction score

Agree 100%. Let some other team face Stafford instead

As a fan I don't want any part of Stafford and those WRs.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Would rather have the Rams because we beat them this season and we’re cursed against the Packers in postseason.

Reaction score
If we secure second seed the first game will be the easiest game of the post season I don’t care who we get out of all the teams that we can play, at home we should beat any of those teams.

BoysForLife

Reaction score
I had no idea Love was having the season he is. He came on late
Bingo. If you've watched Love lately, he's on a roll.

and he's mobile.

I want no part of that team. Our pass rush would be much more effective vs Stafford .

Blast From The Past

Reaction score
We play who the nfl puts before us and don't apologize for the beating we will give them. Go Cowboys!!!!!