CZ POLL Do you prefer Dak Prescott or Cooper Rush as the Cowboys starting quarterback?

Do you prefer Dak Prescott or Cooper Rush as the Cowboys starting quarterback?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

jnday

Reaction score
I'm taking Dak cause that's the guy we paid to do the job, I seriously hope he takes some pointers from Rush's play to date this year.
A 40 million a year cap hit doesn’t make Dak a great QB. It only shows how stupid Jerry is and that he panicked because he though he had a franchise QB. There is no way that Dak is worth $40 million a year. Rush is winning games at a fraction of the cost. If Rush screws up, it is not nearly as bad as a Dak blowing games against good teams while being vastly overpaid. Maybe fans will wake up and see that losing playoff games can be much cheaper with any QB other than Dak. To Rush’s credit, he can read defenses and throw his WRs open much better than the $40 million dollar flop that fails in all of the big games. Maybe Jerry can draft Arch Manning in a couple years and Dallas will have a great QB.

Reaction score
I prefer Cooper Rush because he gets the ball out quicker, makes better timing throws, and he has played well thus far. I didn't like those almost interceptions he threw against Washington. I would like him to play against Rams and Eagles to make a better more informed decision.

Even tho Dak is overpaid, we know where we stand with him and we won't win the big one or get there with him.

Austin 3-16

Reaction score
The issue from what I'm deducing is that the team is better off with Rush. The kind of football they play with Dak is too influenced by the paycheck he gets and they won't ask Dak to dumb it down so to speak.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
A 40 million a year cap hit doesn’t make Dak a great QB. It only shows how stupid Jerry is and that he panicked because he though he had a franchise QB. There is no way that Dak is worth $40 million a year. Rush is winning games at a fraction of the cost. If Rush screws up, it is not nearly as bad as a Dak blowing games against good teams while being vastly overpaid. Maybe fans will wake up and see that losing playoff games can be much cheaper with any QB other than Dak. To Rush’s credit, he can read defenses and throw his WRs open much better than the $40 million dollar flop that fails in all of the big games. Maybe Jerry can draft Arch Manning in a couple years and Dallas will have a great QB.
:facepalm::lmao2::lmao2::lmao2::lmao2::lmao2::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::muttley::muttley::muttley::muttley::muttley:

Hoofbite

Reaction score
Rush has done an excellent job, but if Dallas ever gets into a shootout (and they will at some point) I would rather it be Dak.

Hadenough

Reaction score
Neither Dak or Rush is going to lead this team to a SB. Dallas needs to stop fooling around and draft a 6-5 QB like Herbert. Dak is injury prone and has PTSD when the defense gets near him.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
Cowboys fans are used to Cinderella QB stories. Romo was never supposed to be the starter for a single game, much less 10 years. Prescott was third-string arguably fourth-string at one point before rookie season. Heck, even the great Roger Staubach began his pro career as the backup to Craig Morton.

Quarterbacks historically have stretched the limits of Cowboys Nation's imagination. Franchise starters have emerged suddenly, like lightning flashes. And yes, Rush's three starts have been outstanding. He has played within himself. He has made plays when they've needed to be made. Guys around him have really stepped up.

Let's just appreciate the reality of the situation. The Cowboys have found a viable backup to Prescott. That's a good thing. No further debate is needed.

817Gill

Reaction score
Only thing for me is do we really think we lose these last 3 games with Dak as QB lol?

You can’t on one hand say he only feasts on the NFC East and weak defenses then not believe he would’ve beaten the Bengals, Giants, and Washington.

Had Dak been healthy we’d be 3-1 just the same. The forum would be talking about can we beat good teams these next few weeks. This stretch of the season is not proof at all on the Rush vs Dak front because Dak would’ve won these games too. Soft opponents and playing with great defensive showings are not his issue.

Last edited:

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
This was a hard poll for me because I had to think this through. Dak I believe gives us the best overall chance to win. But there are things that Cooper Rush does that I really like over Dak. First of all, with Rush, it forces us to play ball control and run the ball. This makes the defense having to play the run more than the pass. Thus play action seems more effective with Rush than with Dak. Dak just tends to play from shotgun quite often. Thus play action is almost non-existent.

Second, Rush is better with Moore's offense. This is because Moore understands what an average to weak armed QB can do in the NFL. Thus Rush is more natural with running Kellen's offense than with Dak.

That is just my opinion. If you don't like it, too bad.

But I still feel Dak is our best chance to win.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
Regardless of Rush's streak, it's hard to believe 58% want to continue seeing the same thing we've seen for 6 years. I mean you would think it would be 50-50, just to try something else.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Neither Dak or Rush is going to lead this team to a SB. Dallas needs to stop fooling around and draft a 6-5 QB like Herbert. Dak is injury prone and has PTSD when the defense gets near him.
Why are you here? Just to be a Karen? All you do is ***** and moan on a daily basis.
The team is 3-1 with a backup QB and a elite defense. But yet all you do is trash them. That’s sad bro.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Regardless of Rush's streak, it's hard to believe 58% want to continue seeing the same thing we've seen for 6 years. I mean you would think it would be 50-50, just to try something else.
You want to go from a top 10-ish QB to a backup because you don't think things are different?

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
This poll is to gauge the current sentiment of Cowboys fans on CowboysZone of who should be the starting quarterback for the next game.

Obviously, the question in this poll is for when Dak Prescott is healthy enough again to start, so do not vote based on his active status.

Once Dak Prescott is healthy, who do you want to be the starting quarterback?

Dear Dak showgoers: Your overpaid Dak is winning your hearts.
You can continue banging your heads on the brick wall.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
You want to go from a top 10-ish QB to a backup because you don't think things are different?

A top 10 QB with ONE lousy career playoff win in 6 years. (cue in the excuses for his 1-3)

USArmyVet

Reaction score
Why are you here? Just to be a Karen? All you do is ***** and moan on a daily basis.
The team is 3-1 with a backup QB and a elite defense. But yet all you do is trash them. That’s sad bro.

Interesting seeing as how you were the one that slammed those that voted to stick with Cooper Rush and questioned their fan loyalty.

Hadenough

Reaction score
I love the defense and Cooper and just hate to see everyone's efforts wasted when Dak comes back. I. Ant help it if I have an eye for talent and can't see any in Prescott.

Mark

Reaction score
Rather surprised to see the gap in this poll widen considerably as the week has worn on.

JJHLH1

Reaction score
I don’t know who to vote for.

Dak hasn’t played well for a while now.

When QB’s go bad it’s ugly. Look at Wentz and Wilson.

Status
Not open for further replies.