Do you realize the team has lost 6 starters due to injury?

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
Let's be honest.....it's the culture. We have babied players for years....players know how to work the system. I don't expect just because we hired McCarthy...for that to change. We need to weed out those players that take advantage of it.

Sheepherder

Reaction score
You are right. They
Let's be honest.....it's the culture. We have babied players for years....players know how to work the system. I don't expect just because we hired McCarthy...for that to change. We need to weed out those players that take advantage it.
It certainly appears that way for sure.

CoachD

Reaction score
Do you realize the team has lost 6 starters due to injury?

No I didn't tell us more Dick Tracy!

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
No offseason and no real conditioning program has played a big part in the team losing 6 starters for a while:
McCoy
Jarwin
Collins
Lee
LVE
Lewis

No OTAs to learn schemes and losing 6 starters on top of that makes it hard for any new coaching staff to compete. NFL should have delayed the season a month to allow players to get into game shape.

Yep...…….this season is over before it began.

You can also add Frederick in there.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
No offseason and no real conditioning program has played a big part in the team losing 6 starters for a while:
McCoy
Jarwin
Collins
Lee
LVE
Lewis

No OTAs to learn schemes and losing 6 starters on top of that makes it hard for any new coaching staff to compete. NFL should have delayed the season a month to allow players to get into game shape.

EqualSafeGemsbuck-size_restricted.gif

Aven8

Reaction score
This isn’t the JG led Cowboys. Mike can figure it out. He’s had defenses decimated with guys off the street covering WR’s and still won. Rogers couldn’t walk and beat us for crying out loud!

cowboyec

Reaction score
but everyone knew that going in.
other teams are dealing with injuries also...and are dealing with them.
i think this staff will as well.
they better...other wise what the hell are we doing.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
I'm actually glad you made this thread. I was just talking with ABQJr. the other night about this and the importance of preseason and a real Off Season regiment.

Depth is pretty key already this season.

Uncle_Hank

Reaction score
I'm going to have to disagree with this premise. Lewis and Lee are not starters, and even some of the ones that were aren't exactly the kind of player you pin your hopes on. Could you imagine New England saying "Welp, we had Super Bowl aspirations this year, but now that we've lost that Jarwin kid I guess things just a lot tougher?"

I'm sorry, but the injury excuse is a loser mentality.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
I still think T Fred should count, unless he told the team way be fore that he was going to retire.

It's difficult to replace a starter when they go out at the end of March.

Sheepherder

Reaction score
You are right. They

It certainly appears that way for sure.
I just can’t believe Dallas drafted Taco instead of TJ Watts! I watched the Pittsburgh game Monday night. That man is a beast! Relentless, it seems like he has a motor that keeps running, did you see that?

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
No excuse.
It's a reason, but I agree not an excuse. Unfortunately injuries are part of the game, and often it's the team that does the best job of working around and through those injuries that comes out on top.

Sheepherder

Reaction score
It's a reason, but I agree not an excuse. Unfortunately injuries are part of the game, and often it's the team that does the best job of working around and through those injuries that comes out on top.
Works for me! I still believe in this coaching staff for sure.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score

Goff was getting rid of the ball so quick that he only need an offensive line for run plays.

At some point this coaching staff is going to have to get involved and quit coaching with their ego like our guys will just go beat their guys.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Goff was getting rid of the ball so quick that he only need an offensive line for run plays.

At some point this coaching staff is going to have to get involved and quit coaching with their ego like our guys will just go beat their guys.
I agree. The coaching is a big part of the adjustment that has to be made to work around injuries.

quickccc

Reaction score
McCoy
Jarwin
Collins
Lee
LVE
Lewis

As injuries can happen in ANY year, regardless of OTAs, conditioning program and limited camp. It happens around the league every year.
the big key is quality depth as possible and quality coaches that can make the proper adjustments and schemes with backups,..
Its how team can improvise on the move with what personnel they have.

quickccc

Reaction score

and apparently we could not adjust to Goff throwing quickly ... what was he supposed to do, hold the ball and whistle why we finally arrive with the pass rush ?
what helped Goff was Rams were able to contrinue drives by successfully running ball on our interior ,- and it wasn't like they had elite Rbs either ...while also using screens that we Never, ever stop on any team
we couldn't make them one dimensional and take what they prefer to do away .

Parcells4Life

Reaction score
I'm going to have to disagree with this premise. Lewis and Lee are not starters, and even some of the ones that were aren't exactly the kind of player you pin your hopes on. Could you imagine New England saying "Welp, we had Super Bowl aspirations this year, but now that we've lost that Jarwin kid I guess things just a lot tougher?"

I'm sorry, but the injury excuse is a loser mentality.
At minimum Lewis would have been the starting Nickel which plays 75% of snaps. Now with LVE out Lee would have been a full time starter.

Does losing Jarwin by itself kill the offense? No. But you combine that with no RT, a backup C who’s just waiting for a rookie to take his job and Williams who’s at best just below league average and you start to see a trend that can’t be fixed by a QB, RB and 3 really good WRs

Defensively, losing LVE and Lee individually is tough but it’s worse when now you’re playing Joe Thomas and whoever the 5th LB would be for major snaps. It’s the cumulative effect.

It makes it hard to evaluate, is the team struggling to pick up the new schemes because of lack of offseason or are the players that are in there just not talented enough to execute.

You can’t run long developing routes designed to lose defenders when your O Line won’t hold up