Do you realize the team has lost 6 starters due to injury?

GORICO

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Right on.

So you going to do a platinum guarantee on the game this week?

mr Akat--i already laid down a 5-star Plat guarantee Cowboy victory over Dirty Birds..no matter the odds i would never lay down a Plat against our Cowboys....some things are sacred

GORICO

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
No offseason and no real conditioning program has played a big part in the team losing 6 starters for a while:
McCoy
Jarwin
Collins
Lee
LVE
Lewis

No OTAs to learn schemes and losing 6 starters on top of that makes it hard for any new coaching staff to compete. NFL should have delayed the season a month to allow players to get into game shape.

man it makes me depressed to even think about it...barely past week 1 too....there have been many NFL seasons where teams with authentic aspirations went by the wayside and IR..just hope we can change that narrative somehow?

fairviewfarmer

Reaction score
McCarthy's GB teams always had lots of injured players not playing. All I'm going to say.

Parcells4Life

Reaction score
They did and he won a Super Bowl as well with injuries.....so yeah I can’t use that as a excuse. I’ve seen him win when Aaron got hurt.
He also knew the schemes that every GB player on the roster could run when guys went out. He is just starting to understand the Cowboys starters who got majority of snaps in camp. There’s no way he knows what all the backups are capable of yet with such little offseason.

Blue64

Reaction score
yes true but we’re not the only team with injuries ; just got to win despite
Your point???

All 32 teams came in and followed similar protocol through training camp.
All teams have injuries... are you saying that the cowboys losing is a result of injuries?

Might I remind you that last year we lost to an Eagles team that was decimated by injuries and was fielding players who came off the streets literally weeks before.

Maybe it’s the Dallas country club approach to practice and everything in between that should be scrutinised

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
He also knew the schemes that every GB player on the roster could run when guys went out. He is just starting to understand the Cowboys starters who got majority of snaps in camp. There’s no way he knows what all the backups are capable of yet with such little offseason.
I'm not knocking him for Sunday. Its one game. I'm saying in general I don't want to hear the injury excuse in December or next season. He's proven he can win without players. From quarterback down.

Let's remember though McCarthy isn't the only new coach dealing with injuries. Let's be careful on the excuses we give him as the season plays on. HE should be held accountable as well.

Jipper

Reaction score
Your point???

All 32 teams came in and followed similar protocol through training camp.
All teams have injuries... are you saying that the cowboys losing is a result of injuries?

Might I remind you that last year we lost to an Eagles team that was decimated by injuries and was fielding players who came off the streets literally weeks before.

Maybe it’s the Dallas country club approach to practice and everything in between that should be scrutinised

on the contrary if you reread my post, my point was the cowboys just have to win no matter the fact that they injuries....just like every other team out there

no excuses