Do you realize the team has lost 6 starters due to injury?

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
stronger-than-excuses.jpg
TALK TO EM COACH!!!

ICP

Reaction score
Team was very poorly constructed as far as LB and TE are concerned. Now they are digging in the scrap heap to fix it. I thought this was a Garrett philosophy but it looks to be Jones thing.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Collins is not an injury, he failed to come in proper shape.Lee and Lewis are backups, and Lee in particular is not a player you can count on.
Only Mike Fisher is reporting that.

How out of shape can a twenty something man be in that after multiple weeks of camp he is not in good enough condition to avoid going to IR.

You are saying that after all the weeks in camp that Collins was not in good enough shape to even be the backup Swing Tackle for game 1 or game 2 or game 3...

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Team was very poorly constructed as far as LB and TE are concerned. Now they are digging in the scrap heap to fix it. I thought this was a Garrett philosophy but it looks to be Jones thing.
They only play 2 LBs in this scheme and the 3rd/4th LBs were Lee & Joe Thomas.

Any players in the NFL better than Lee or Thomas are most likely starters.

The #2 TE is the blocking TE. That means the replacement for #1 is #3.

AKATheRake

Reaction score
Get me Delanie Walker at TE for the year, move Martin to RT for a few games, Connor Williams to RG and McGovern to LG.

LB is where the contingency problem is very difficult. Especially since we're already coughing up 150 + yards on the ground.

Don't be surprised if the 3-4 we were hearing about comes in sooner than later, especially if Randy Gregory gets into shape quickly.

3 DL- Crawford, Poe, A Smith/Griffen
4 LB's - Lawrence (Rush LB), J Smith, J Thomas, Randy Gregory (Rush LB)

GORICO

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
No offseason and no real conditioning program has played a big part in the team losing 6 starters for a while:
McCoy
Jarwin
Collins
Lee
LVE
Lewis

No OTAs to learn schemes and losing 6 starters on top of that makes it hard for any new coaching staff to compete. NFL should have delayed the season a month to allow players to get into game shape.

and its only game one...last year and year before we were relatively healthy all year..not this year...but MM when he won super bowl with packers he saw i think 11 starters lost it was horrible but he patched together super bowl win

JohnnyTheFox

Achilleslastand
Reaction score
and its only game one...last year and year before we were relatively healthy all year..not this year...but MM when he won super bowl with packers he saw i think 11 starters lost it was horrible but he patched together super bowl win

Good to see you GORICO, you giving us a platinum guarantee for this Sunday?

GORICO

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Good to see you GORICO, you giving us a platinum guarantee for this Sunday?

i was begged by several to hold off on plats...i told them i would just be another source you could blame?...but now you got the plat juices going again...poor cowboys

GORICO

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Get me Delanie Walker at TE for the year, move Martin to RT for a few games, Connor Williams to RG and McGovern to LG.

LB is where the contingency problem is very difficult. Especially since we're already coughing up 150 + yards on the ground.

Don't be surprised if the 3-4 we were hearing about comes in sooner than later, especially if Randy Gregory gets into shape quickly.

3 DL- Crawford, Poe, A Smith/Griffen
4 LB's - Lawrence (Rush LB), J Smith, J Thomas, Randy Gregory (Rush LB)

what4 do you think of connor williams at right tackle?.....he has fast feet and has gotten stronger...maybe not strong enough for LG?..he played tackle in college?

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
No offseason and no real conditioning program has played a big part in the team losing 6 starters for a while:
McCoy
Jarwin
Collins
Lee
LVE
Lewis

No OTAs to learn schemes and losing 6 starters on top of that makes it hard for any new coaching staff to compete. NFL should have delayed the season a month to allow players to get into game shape.

I would assume by your indignation that other teams are 100% healthy.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
McCoy
Jarwin
Collins
Lee
LVE
Lewis

This part of the reason they have more players on the practice squad with some with no accrued season limits that can go between the practice squad and roster and back again without going through waivers. With out the real true contact of preseason games just what would more of the same training camp do to get into real game condition?

ultron

Reaction score
Maybe Jason Garret wasn’t that dumb after all. I can’t remember ever losing 6 starters going into week 2, and how did McCarthy beat Marvin Lewis out of a head coaching job anyway? Has anyone asked that question yet?

Cowfan75

Reaction score
McCoy
Jarwin
Collins
Lee
LVE
Lewis

Two of those players nobody but the Jones boys expected to play beyond the first coin toss.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
No excuse. Collins hasn't been available all summer, so the best available was an undrafted rookie? Then that's what you get.

visionary

Reaction score
McCoy
Jarwin
Collins
Lee
LVE
Lewis

Do you realize it doesn’t matter ? They still have to play and win?

Cmac

Reaction score
McCoy
Jarwin
Collins
Lee
LVE
Lewis

Are we going to start this again....no depth....and some usual suspects on the list.