Do you realize the team has lost 6 starters due to injury?

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Collins is not an injury, he failed to come in proper shape.Lee and Lewis are backups, and Lee in particular is not a player you can count on.

Unfortunately, GM Jerry is willing to accept as many walking wounded into his team as he feels inclined to. After all, they come cheaper than most. I'm not inclined to blame the players -- it's just the guys who hires them that should know better. He's precisely why this team can't be much better. The lack of accountability runs rampant in Frisco and Jerry is the leader of the pack.

AKATheRake

Reaction score
what4 do you think of connor williams at right tackle?.....he has fast feet and has gotten stronger...maybe not strong enough for LG?..he played tackle in college?

That's what it should have been for him but his experience is at both guard positions in the pro's and his reach seems to be his problem on the outside. He wasn't bad filling in for Martin at RG last year and this would put the current best 5 on the o-line for the next 3-4 games if we can start winning to save the season.

Parcells4Life

Reaction score
Unfortunately, GM Jerry is willing to accept as many walking wounded into his team as he feels inclined to. After all, they come cheaper than most. I'm not inclined to blame the players -- it's just the guys who hires them that should know better. He's precisely why this team can't be much better. The lack of accountability runs rampant in Frisco and Jerry is the leader of the pack.
Shhh. Nobody tell him Jerry isn’t running day to day operations.

ChronicCowboy

Reaction score
Get ready for more injuries....this is football. The Cowboys media talked about this being the deepest team they’d seen in a long time. Prove it.

Creeper

Reaction score
Is it confirmed that Collins is a conditioning issue? If this is true shouldn't he be on PUP list and not IR? Also, if it is conditioning, I would be more concerned because it means he did not do the work or take his job seriously.

blueblood70

Reaction score

exactly they have starting 22 and backups and going into the season apparently it looked deep enough but a week before game 1 nd game 1 you lose far more starters then one can anticipate and well backups will have to come in and play well enough.. NONE not one team has 44 starters , like Jerrys supposed to have equal backups to seamlessly replace starters?

hater be hating , MM and the coaching staff took 90 players and chose the 53 that would make the team, Not jerry..

the people on the street all these internet Gms think are better are on the street for reason, they are available for a reason, Now if the starters are long term IR stuff or season enders nd the backups look shaky, Yes , we will need help and Jerry will find it..

he did being in AC week 8 when it was needed and paid the guy now..

lest actually play afew games with backups and see how they respond..

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score

Well, if that's the case, let's blame the best alternative to Daddy Jerry, his highly esteemed son, Stephen!

They're the all-powerful Jones FO execs, if I'm not mistaken. Take your pick! Must be one or the other. o_O

Does one really know for sure what occurs behind the walls of the Star in Frisco? Not I and likely not you!

Last edited:

JonesBoys

Reaction score
No offseason and no real conditioning program has played a big part in the team losing 6 starters for a while:
McCoy
Jarwin
Collins
Lee
LVE
Lewis

No OTAs to learn schemes and losing 6 starters on top of that makes it hard for any new coaching staff to compete. NFL should have delayed the season a month to allow players to get into game shape.

Teams win all the time with multiple injuries. Hell the Eagles practice squad beat the Cowboys last year in a must win game. Every year we use the injury excuse. What matters is results. A lot of people from the front office to the coaches to the players make a lot of money to figure it out.

Parcells4Life

Reaction score
Teams win all the time with multiple injuries. Hell the Eagles practice squad beat the Cowboys last year in a must win game. Every year we use the injury excuse. What matters is results. A lot of people from the front office to the coaches to the players make a lot of money to figure it out.
But with so limited practice this year, how does McCarthy know whether the schemes aren’t working because players can’t grasp them or they just aren’t good enough to execute.

Verdict

Reaction score
No offseason and no real conditioning program has played a big part in the team losing 6 starters for a while:
McCoy
Jarwin
Collins
Lee
LVE
Lewis

No OTAs to learn schemes and losing 6 starters on top of that makes it hard for any new coaching staff to compete. NFL should have delayed the season a month to allow players to get into game shape.

The loss of some of these guys are bigger losses than others. Collins is arguably the hardest to replace with the least viable substitute behind him. I’m not sure Lee is much of a full time starter. While I think Jarwin is a significant loss, the “need” at tight end as a pass catcher is not as high because I suspect we will be in 3 wides with a RB most of the time. If we lose one of the big 3 at WR that loss becomes more pronounced.

JonesBoys

Reaction score
But with so limited practice this year, how does McCarthy know whether the schemes aren’t working because players can’t grasp them or they just aren’t good enough to execute.[/QUOTE

All the teams with new coaches and schemes and payers ect.. had the same offseason. How did Cam Newton do on the Pats? How did Ron Riveira’s team come back and win? There are plenty of examples of this in week 1 I think we are just letting Mike off easy by giving him this excuse. This team wasn’t ready and that’s his job no matter what the circumstances are. They better be ready week 2.

Loso86

Reaction score
Collins is not an injury, he failed to come in proper shape.Lee and Lewis are backups, and Lee in particular is not a player you can count on.
Collins was injured and then had the wreck

Parcells4Life

Reaction score
Washington won because Philadelphia’s OL is a disaster and their DL took over. And because Wentz is not good when things aren’t perfect for him.

There’s going to be outliers everywhere but if you don’t think practice matters or new coaching schemes matter, then let’s hire and fire new coaches every week.

Injuries and lack of practice time is not an excuse it’s a reason.

Who even knew Terrence Steele was on the team last Monday? I’d guess 75% of the board on here didn’t. We were all led to believe Cam Erving would be the starter until 6:15 on Sunday.

Losing Jarwin completely changed the passing game as Schultz is not a threat in the seam. Let’s not forget Joe Thomas who had to play majority of snaps on Sunday was CUT on the original cut down day.

bigE79

Reaction score
You just had to bring that game up...ugh.. biggest choke job in a long time..still pissed off.

GORICO

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
That's what it should have been for him but his experience is at both guard positions in the pro's and his reach seems to be his problem on the outside. He wasn't bad filling in for Martin at RG last year and this would put the current best 5 on the o-line for the next 3-4 games if we can start winning to save the season.

AKAT--i am totally with you on that phrase..."if we can start winning to save the season"....i feel similarly anxious...no need to cry over spilt milk but a victory over the rams would have made me feel a lot better

JonesBoys

Reaction score
Washington won because Philadelphia’s OL is a disaster and their DL took over. And because Wentz is not good when things aren’t perfect for him.

There’s going to be outliers everywhere but if you don’t think practice matters or new coaching schemes matter, then let’s hire and fire new coaches every week.

Injuries and lack of practice time is not an excuse it’s a reason.

Who even knew Terrence Steele was on the team last Monday? I’d guess 75% of the board on here didn’t. We were all led to believe Cam Erving would be the starter until 6:15 on Sunday.

Losing Jarwin completely changed the passing game as Schultz is not a threat in the seam. Let’s not forget Joe Thomas who had to play majority of snaps on Sunday was CUT on the original cut down day.

Thats one example. I’m just tired of giving the Cowboys excuses for 25 years. Let’s just hope MM had one bad coaching game last week and they pick it up this week.

AKATheRake

Reaction score
AKAT--i am totally with you on that phrase..."if we can start winning to save the season"....i feel similarly anxious...no need to cry over spilt milk but a victory over the rams would have made me feel a lot better

Right on.

So you going to do a platinum guarantee on the game this week?