Do you resign Dez if you are the GM?

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
I don’t care what anyone says, nobody on this roster can compete with Dez, even in his current hollow form, and why the hell not just acquire better players...

If RHG gets upset, Jerry can always cut him again..

Even if Dez only had 40 catches, 5 TDS, and 900 yds, I’d be very satisfied paying him 1.5 and offering him a bunch of incentives...
You don't have to care, that's your right.
However Dez isn't employed. And there's nothing to suggest he could compete, the staff cut him loose regardless of the emotional connection some fans still have.
So all we have to go on are the players on the current roster, not the past or any hopes and dreams.

The idea that there are still fans satisfied with 40 catches, 5 TDs and 900 yards out of a No. 1 WR getting paid top dollar is just plain stupid considering that he himself refused to take a franchise tag or even play unless he got a bloated salary only to underproduce. Then, throw his coaches, team and fans under the bus and to the side. To lobby playing for a division rival for the reason of revenge?

Then, turning down a lucrative contract w/ baltimore?

So how is it even a suggestion that he'd play in Dallas for 1.5?

JBond

Reaction score
...FWIW, can we really not post polls on this forum?!?!

IMO, if we resigned Dez cheap and got ET, we’d have a serious chance at the Super Bowl...
Dez was a good young player that banked millions when productive. He had to go. His half assed play when he was not the center piece pissed me off.

Buzzbait

Reaction score
I don’t care what anyone says, nobody on this roster can compete with Dez, even in his current hollow form, and why the hell not just acquire better players...
If RHG gets upset, Jerry can always cut him again..
Even if Dez only had 40 catches, 5 TDS, and 900 yds,
I’d be very satisfied paying him 1.5 and offering him a bunch of incentives

WHAT?? Pay Dez 1.5 mil? Cut a good waterboy just to pay for Dez??? NO WAY!!!!
That's a BAD trade off! :facepalm:

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
People are being silly. So much emoting about emotion.

He'd start for us on the outside. The only guy who might be better outside is Hurns. It's a shame Dez didn't get a chance with coaching from Lal.

The real problem with it is the similarity of Dez and Hurns. We're back where we were last year, but with Hurns instead of Williams. A clear improvement, but a similar situation. We actually brought in a lot of speed to go with Hurns. Put Dez in there, and we're kind of slow on the outside again.

RoboQB

Reaction score
We REALLY need to move on from this ........it's over, there will be no return.

Hey, ya think Tony Romo will quit his cushy job to come back.... or better yet, come back and be our new coach.... lol
The Dez issue is getting to be right up there with those doozies.

Oh, and hey, DeMarco Murray is available.... lol... smh

RoboQB

Reaction score
At this point in his career I'm not so sure Dez is any better than TWill. Dez is a stronger WR when he catches the ball in space, but that rarely happens. We have to stop pretending Dez is the player he used to be.

Yeah, but I bet Dez can drive a Lamborghini... and even a scooter.

I honestly believe parting ways with Dez was only partially because of fading talent or even contract.
He would've done just fine in Baltimore... should've taken that deal.
To me, the QB has to be your leader. Look at every team. That is the goal.
I believe the thinking is it's now truly Dak's team. To me, they let Dez go to allow Dak to lead the team.

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
Dez isn't really a starting caliber receiver anymore post-foot injury and 31 of 32 NFL teams know this.

John Harbaugh, always the exception, got spurned by him.

Don't think he'll get a starting job and/or receive significant snaps in 2018 or beyond. He'll get picked up in training camp or early in the season, but his career is mostly finished and it's half his fault and half bad luck to suffer a career-derailing Jones fracture in his prime.
Man!,,,I was frothing ,foaming at the mouth incredulously besides myself when #88 had to leave the Field of play to receive an hydration I.V. In his first game after holding out for his contract,,, seriously, If I was a remote control slinging type,I'd of prolly stuck it in the wife's forehead from 15' away just cuz' she was there!,,,& he'd for all apparent purposes, pretty Much remained overly. I.V. hydrated in a soddenly swaying tanker barrel kinda fashion ever since,,,,,,upon reflection,,, it was a total rip-off deal he'd foisted upon the franchiseo_O

* I'd you've ever hauled or pull freighted large quantities of liquid down the road, those tankers have baffled sectioned walls to help impede the surging moving liquid mass, mostly in hard breaking , yet, if it surge's in a side motion while negotiating a sharp curve at road speed ,,,it'll easily lay you over,shiny side down,DEZ' got some 'baffles' broke loose in his tanker unit, ever since his swelled head expanded from 'winning out' in his prior contracto_O

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
People are being silly. So much emoting about emotion.

He'd start for us on the outside. The only guy who might be better outside is Hurns. It's a shame Dez didn't get a chance with coaching from Lal.

The real problem with it is the similarity of Dez and Hurns. We're back where we were last year, but with Hurns instead of Williams. A clear improvement, but a similar situation. We actually brought in a lot of speed to go with Hurns. Put Dez in there, and we're kind of slow on the outside again.

lol. No he wouldn't. This is 2018, not last year.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
No, Dez sucks. He’s a 1 trick pony physically and a locker room cancer. Dak no like.

oHHH MAMA DAK POO don't like wa wa wa wa well let me tell you something there rock man by the time the season ends Dak will be wishing he had Dez on the roster.....heck Dez broke up at least 10 Dak no like interceptions this past season.....and to add to the Dez comments as we all know what your biggest excuse will be for Dak inept play this coming season...(Drum roll please) .....Dak has no quality WR or TE to throw to LOL.....WA WA WA WA :oldcouple:

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
oHHH MAMA DAK POO don't like wa wa wa wa well let me tell you something there rock man by the time the season ends Dak will be wishing he had Dez on the roster.....heck Dez broke up at least 10 Dak no like interceptions this past season.....and to add to the Dez comments as we all know what your biggest excuse will be for Dak inept play this coming season...(Drum roll please) .....Dak has no quality WR or TE to throw to LOL.....WA WA WA WA :oldcouple:
This thread is about Dez, not Dak. Stop inserting your BS every chance you get.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Grow up my friend.

waving monkey

Reaction score
:facepalm:

blueblood70

Reaction score
...FWIW, can we really not post polls on this forum?!?!

IMO, if we resigned Dez cheap and got ET, we’d have a serious chance at the Super Bowl...
its been done before , rare yes but players from all sports have been cut do to money issues that couldn't be resolved but later resigned at a discount..the egos on both sides of this situation id say fat chance..too much has been said by both sides to makeup

TheBigEasy

Reaction score
If I were the GM of this team, I surely wouldn't be resigning Dez, I would definitely call Seattle in hopes of fleecing them in an ET deal and I sure as heck wouldn't be taking advice from any of you! :lmao2: