Do you Still have Faith in McCarthy?

Sydla

Reaction score

If Garrett is coaching this game we lose by 30

In fairness, that's a bit of overselling by Ickes. Yes, Looney was the starting C but he was in playing RG. And yes, Martin was the starting RG, he was still playing. He makes it sound like we were missing guys to injury at those spots when we really weren't. Further, glance across the field at the other team........... by the end of the game, they were missing a few of their starting OL, and had injuries hit their DL and secondary as well.

So sorry, Joey, but I am not accepting that as an excuse for today.

Sydla

Reaction score
If Darian Thompson is the starting S next week, I will lose even more faith. McCarthy said they would look at the secondary this week. Well, if they look and conclude Thompson deserves to remain a starter................... oy.

Howboutdemcowboys31

Reaction score
One thing I like about MM is he is making roster adjustments. Diggs was starting even before Chido got hurt. Steele has been benched. Aldon is starting despite being out all these years with guys like Lawrence and Griffen (they're sucking right now though). What I'm saying is he isn't afraid to sit guys.

Nolan on the other hand, almost no faith

ICP

Reaction score
I'm not sure I ever did but so far I'd say it's a wash between him and Garrett. I mean the team is literally playing the same as they did under the Carrot.

Wish they would have tried to lure Riley here

cern

Reaction score
Yes, i do. In this wierd year, new coaches are learning as they go. On offense, we have to straighten out the o-line mess. The secondary needs a lot of attention. It will get it this week.

kskboys

Reaction score
This is pretty much what I expected this year. Shootouts w/ no D.

Reaction score
Why must we always sign these washed up Coaches?

Is it impossible for us to sign a Coach with Potential instead of a Coach who has already reached the peak of his career and is on the downside of it...

McCarthy & Nolan are both Has-Been’s.

Moore is also average Offensive Coordinator. He has incredible talent to play with in our Offense. But still finds a way to screw up. Dak makes him look way better than he actually is.
He's a massive upgrade over what was here.

Have you watched the Giants offense this year?

Proof

Reaction score

Is it impossible for us to sign a Coach with Potential instead of a Coach who has already reached the peak of his career and is on the downside of it...

Moore is also average Offensive Coordinator. He has incredible talent to play with in our Offense. But still finds a way to screw up. Dak makes him look way better than he actually is.

you strike me as a buffoon. And I would like to document your buffoonery

bigE79

Reaction score

Without Rodgers,hell no.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

It's 3 games into a COVID-altered season.

75boyz

Reaction score
Nobody was talking about McCarthy as a sought after HC candidate until Peter King published his propaganda piece on how McCarthy formed a shadow coaching staff and became a self made data scientist.

ALL of his playoff team defenses sucked bad.
Except for the ONE opportunistic SB one and all the turnovers caused along with Clay Matthews having his DPOY year.

All the rest of em sucked and looked just like this team.

The yearly MVP level of play that Rodgers gave him at QB is the main reason he won so many games.

No, he was NOT some QB whisperer.

He rode the coat tails of a 7 or 8 yr window of the most dominantly efficient quarterbacking a coach could ever ask for.

He got lucky cuz Rodgers was his QB. That's all.

But let it play itself out...

Go Cowboys

DoctorChicken

Reaction score
The offense (McCarthy’s specialty) has been fine. I don’t know why people are freaking out. Especially with scrubs on the OL. McCarthy has weapons and has been using them.

The defense has sucked. And could play A LOT better. With guys like Darian Thompson starting I can see why. That last TD to Metcalf wouldn’t have happened if we had a real FS.

DoctorChicken

Reaction score
ALL of his playoff team defenses sucked bad.
Except for the ONE opportunistic SB one and all the turnovers caused along with Clay Matthews having his DPOY year.

All the rest of em sucked and looked just like this team.

The yearly MVP level of play that Rodgers gave him at QB is the main reason he won so many games.

No, he was NOT some QB whisperer.

He rode the coat tails of a 7 or 8 yr window of the most dominantly efficient quarterbacking a coach could ever ask for.

He got lucky cuz Rodgers was his QB. That's all.

But let it play itself out...

Go Cowboys

You say that yet Favre’s numbers/WL record improved with McCarthy as HC. And Dak had been slinging it with more confidence this year as well.

Buzzbait

Reaction score
Until this team gets serious about defense this is what to expect:
Shoot out games where any mistake on offense is doom because the defense sure isn't going to bail them out.
31 wasn't enough to win this week, 38 wouldn't have been enough last week

Jake I couldn't agree more. We took the lead late in the game and I knew beyond the shadow of a doubt that the defense would not hold, and of course it didn't.

garyv

Reaction score

Actually I do have confidence in McCarthy however some of the player evaluation I question like on the offensive line. I'm also tired of wasting a roster spot on Sean Lee. It is time to draft his replacement . Here is my take on this defense. Move Jaylon Smith to middle linebacker draft two OLB. Move Vander E to a rotation LB not starter he can't be counted on. I believe they need to lock up Aldon Smith don't let him leave. With better linebacking it makes the front 7 just fine. The backend needs lots of help and so does offensive line. Here are needs:

2-OLB
2-Secondary
2-OL

I do not care for Nolan hes the one hire I didn't care for...

Buzzbait

Reaction score
MM is a carbon copy of Jason Garrett.

When his fat *** let Seattle run 40 seconds off the clock by pretending to punt at the end of the half, I think every single person watching including Troy was thinking here we go again...poor game management by a Cowboys head coach.

Just a reminder: MM doesnt call plays on offense, doesnt do anything with the defense, and isn't a special teams coach. He's literally a bad game manager and nothing else. He's JG.

Not. There is no carbon copy of Garrett, unless it's Kellen Moore. You're jumping the gun on McCarthy.

CarolinaFathead

Reaction score

I don’t faith in anyone on this staff because we haven’t won anything with this staff.

having said that, it’s three games. Lighten up and give the team time to develop which they haven’t had. These meteoric and valley-like reactions have from game to game is so damn immature. Every one on you would have fired Tom Landry at the start of his career.

Some of you whiners would have made terrible partners in a fox hole under stress. Likely the only thing to remind anyone you were there is the noxious smell of diarrhea you left behind.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
I'm not sure I ever did but so far I'd say it's a wash between him and Garrett. I mean the team is literally playing the same as they did under the Carrot.

Wish they would have tried to lure Riley here

Actually....

The Dallas Cowboys are 1-2 through three games in their first season under Mike McCarthy. They only started off 1-2 or worse in 1/9 seasons under Jason Garrett.

2011: 2-1
2012: 2-1
2013: 2-1
2014: 2-1
2015: 2-1
2016: 2-1
2017: 2-1
2018: 1-2
2019: 3-0
2020: 1-2