Do you Still have Faith in McCarthy?

Darkhound

Reaction score
It is too early.. but no... here are my personal take on how thing will unfold

1. By now. MM probably just realize how lucky and blessed he was to have had Aaron Rodgers and realized Dak wont get him the job done
2. MM will pull a Garret (but hopefully in a shorter life span) He will put the blame on Moore, and have some other coordinators, assistance fired to have his neck
3. He will buy some time blaming injuries, this an that and I think his tenure in Dallas will be 3 YEARS at the most, 2 at the minimum
4. We will keep being an AVERAGE, mediocre team for at least 5 to 10 more years. With a "decent" or notable season in between.

75boyz

Reaction score
You say that yet Favre’s numbers/WL record improved with McCarthy as HC. And Dak had been slinging it with more confidence this year as well.

I mean, my own personal opinion is that Dak is not on the same level as Favre or Rodgers and that their ability as QBs was the determining factor of team success much more so than McCarthys prowess as a HC.

If you were to make the argument along these lines of saying who was more important to past team success in New England, Tom or Bill? I could see your point. But then again Hoodie won 11 games with Matt Cassell.

McCarthy did not accomplish much when Rodgers was injured.

As for Dak's last 2 games and his confidence, I guess the fact that Atlanta and Seattle's pass defenses are 31st and 32nd respectively may slightly contribute to newfound offensive production.
If he plays as well against the Pitt and Baltimore defenses then I would be with you.

Saw this same thing last year.

As always, just my opinion

Go Cowboys

Soth

Reaction score
It is too early to tell. We are only 3 games in and we have been in every game so far. It has been a very wild season so far.

75boyz

Reaction score
It is too early.. but no... here are my personal take on how thing will unfold

1. By now. MM probably just realize how lucky and blessed he was to have had Aaron Rodgers and realized Dak wont get him the job done
2. MM will pull a Garret (but hopefully in a shorter life span) He will put the blame on Moore, and have some other coordinators, assistance fired to have his neck
3. He will buy some time blaming injuries, this an that and I think his tenure in Dallas will be 3 YEARS at the most, 2 at the minimum
4. We will keep being an AVERAGE, mediocre team for at least 5 to 10 more years. With a "decent" or notable season in between.

Gotta say you plagiarized my brain's thoughts here.

Okay, okay you get the credit. Lol

Totally agree man.

Every last word almost.

My only possible twist being after 2 yrs, the HC job is given to Jerry's handpicked Jason part II (Kellen) so that Jerry can keep doing things Jerry's way to receive the credit that he has to have

Your opinion of Moore as another scapegoat is just as plausible though.

Just my opinion

Go Cowboys

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Why must we always sign these washed up Coaches?

Is it impossible for us to sign a Coach with Potential instead of a Coach who has already reached the peak of his career and is on the downside of it...

McCarthy & Nolan are both Has-Been’s.

Moore is also average Offensive Coordinator. He has incredible talent to play with in our Offense. But still finds a way to screw up. Dak makes him look way better than he actually is.
Who ever said they had faith in MM?

no one is as dumb as you hailing a loser like garret.

Darkhound

Reaction score
Gotta say you plagiarized my brain's thoughts here.

Okay, okay you get the credit. Lol

Totally agree man.

Every last word almost.

My only possible twist being after 2 yrs, the HC job is given to Jerry's handpicked Jason part II (Kellen) so that Jerry can keep doing things Jerry's way to receive the credit that he has to have

Your opinion of Moore as another scapegoat is just as plausible though.

Just my opinion

Go Cowboys

If MOORE BECONES HC.. ill straight out... stop feing a Cowboy fan... ill be done.

75boyz

Reaction score
If MOORE BECONES HC.. ill straight out... stop feing a Cowboy fan... ill be done.

Lol,

I mean, aint no different than the whole Jason replacing Wade fiasco is it?

Would just be Jerry being Jerry all over again if you ask me, lol :)

Go Cowboys

Darkhound

Reaction score
I really hate being a cowboy fan... i feel we are feeling what the 90s saints, 90s Seahawks felt

Eanwen

Reaction score
I don't think you can pin the turnovers or injuries on the head coach. I bet our season would look different with at least Collins playing.

As others have mentioned, I have no idea why this team thought it was ok to have Thompson starting. Ok, don't sign ET, but surely there's someone else that's better than Thompson.

It's one thing for us fans to overrate players. It's another thing if the organization does. Is Connor really the guy at LG? I don't think Crawford, with his salary, was irreplaceable.

Special teams IIRC was fine for the first two weeks (although I think Pollard should have downed more kick offs). it really crapped the bed today. Why? No idea, but they better clean that up. Basically cost the Cowboys 5 points in a 7 point game.

I think Dak played well today but the OL really couldn't open enough holes for Zeke.

Carter

Reaction score
No Offseason, not his Team, new Coaching Staff.

I give him a season but the starts has looked terrible so far.

king987

Reaction score
I don't know if faith is the word, but I certainly haven't thrown in the towel already. It's been three games. That Garrett stink isn't just going to go away in 3 games.

Not to mention I can't recall the Cowboys ever being this injury riddled. Talk about signing ET all you want, sure, but as the defense is right now, I don't know how you possibly make a definitive analysis of it.

waving monkey

Reaction score
all the teams have injuries. I'm still hanging with MM but I will not hang for ten again like with JG

DuncanIso

Reaction score
no.

big mike is looking like a one and done coach.

he’s already got that lost look in his eyes.

garrett had that look late last season.

DallasDW00ds0n

Reaction score
It’s hard to say. We haven’t had a proper offseason. If this were a normal season and we came out like this, then yes, so it would be a bummer.

but it’s really not fair IMO to judge MM this year

1972COWBOY

Reaction score
The Cowboys team has had their heads way above the clouds since JJ's took over and are undisciplined IMO. JJ inherited a team that was built with no salary cap to win the SB's he did win. After that, its been mostly a total lack of discipline and aristocracy.

Its too early to blame to coach for the culture of the team that JJ's has instilled.

Rayman70

Reaction score
all the teams have injuries. I'm still hanging with MM but I will not hang for ten again like with JG
AND NOBODY IS PLAYING DEFENSE EITHER. Its been terrible across the league. I compare it to Arena ball. Its the world of Covid and the affects of no preseason. Factor in all the changes we made in the offseason, and there you have it.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Was never sold on MM.

Our offense has never turned the ball over like it has these 3 weeks. Dak and company basically gave seattle 21 points. And our defense is as bad as before. Scratch that, diggs and aldon are the real deal. Without them seattle scores 50+

John813

Reaction score
It's year one that included a reduced offseason.

So, not saying I have a lot of faith in McCarthy, but I'm not going to bail ship over 3 games.