Do you think CZ is overall mostly negative or positive about the Cowboys?

Do you think CZ is overall mostly negative or positive about the Cowboys?

• Positive

Votes: 18 15.7%
  • Negative

Votes: 97 84.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
^ Exactly. Additionally, a sizable portion of commentary is neither positive nor negative but neutral in nature.

It would be nice if everyone kept in mind that CowboysZone is a necessary outlet for some people to de-stress. Consider how some folks interact in real life if they are continuously negative on a virtual fan forum.

I do think some members tend to fluctuate. They can be completely positive to the point of blind faith about one player while being completely negative to the point of ignoring any good concerning another one. So a lot of it depends on what conversation you're in. If it's a thread about Dak, you know there are going to be plenty of posts from the usual suspects about loving him or hating him. Same with Zeke and pretty much any other player, especially those with a high salary.

It's to the point where when you see a certain player's name mentioned in the thread title, you know who is going to be negative about it and who's going to be positive. While there are some who try to be objective and have real discussions between all the back and forth.

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
If the people with the most ‘likes’ are also negative posters, then you have the answer.

Just off the top of my head I would say the negative posts seem to get more likes than positive. So the people here in general reward negativity. We humans get more of what we reward and less of what we punish.

It is also much easier to write negative posts than positive posts. It is also more therapeutic to post negatively after a loss.

Redsfan_83

Reaction score
Mostly negative which is understandable considering the pathetic state of this franchise which has spanned over 2 decades...there are also a few posters on here who prefer to stir the pot, and have little to add to many threads. Covid stress and boredom perhaps

gimmesix

Reaction score
If the people with the most ‘likes’ are also negative posters, then you have the answer.

Just off the top of my head I would say the negative posts seem to get more likes than positive. So the people here in general reward negativity. We humans get more of what we reward and less of what we punish.

It is also much easier to write negative posts than positive posts. It is also more therapeutic to post negatively after a loss.

Not really. From a medical site:

You may think that a disease or illness is the reason for your tired body or prolonged aches, but have you ever thought that thinking negatively could be the reason? Pessimism affects more than just your emotional health. In fact, doctors have found that people with high levels of negativity are more likely to suffer from degenerative brain diseases, cardiovascular problems, digestive issues, and recover from sickness much slower than those with a positive mindset.

What Causes Negativity?

Negativity is often a product of depression or insecurity. It can stem from illness, life events, personality problems, and substance abuse. Like many things in life, negativity too can become a habit. Frequent criticism, cynical thoughts, and denial can create neural pathways in the brain that encourage sadness. These negative tendencies can cause our brain to distort the truth and make it even more difficult to break the negative cycle. Luckily, most habits can be broken. Experts say that it takes 21 days to break a habit.

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
Not really. From a medical site:

You may think that a disease or illness is the reason for your tired body or prolonged aches, but have you ever thought that thinking negatively could be the reason? Pessimism affects more than just your emotional health. In fact, doctors have found that people with high levels of negativity are more likely to suffer from degenerative brain diseases, cardiovascular problems, digestive issues, and recover from sickness much slower than those with a positive mindset.

What Causes Negativity?

Negativity is often a product of depression or insecurity. It can stem from illness, life events, personality problems, and substance abuse. Like many things in life, negativity too can become a habit. Frequent criticism, cynical thoughts, and denial can create neural pathways in the brain that encourage sadness. These negative tendencies can cause our brain to distort the truth and make it even more difficult to break the negative cycle. Luckily, most habits can be broken. Experts say that it takes 21 days to break a habit.

Ever see a person vent by talking positively? Yeah, didn’t think so. After a loss, people want/need to vent.

jaythecowboy

Reaction score
I think there are a few outspoken negative posters. The rest are positive for the most part, although make what might be perceived as negative comments from time to time. (Any criticism is viewed as negative by many.)

The outspoken few make so many negative posts that it can warp the perception about the forum's environment.

That is my feeling on it as well. Seems to me like it's the same 20 or so posters that are negative on almost everything. I think there are more people who are overly positive.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
This has nothing to do with recent success. Just what you feel about the environment here since you’ve joined.

I think you're a cheerleader whose feelings get hurt anytime someone dares to criticize anyone associated with the Cowboys.

It really doesn't require a poll. :rolleyes:

Loso86

Reaction score
Filled with Negativity, sadly even after something good happens, like say a win!

gimmesix

Reaction score
Ever see a person vent by talking positively? Yeah, didn’t think so. After a loss, people want/need to vent.

Science/medicine doesn't support being negative as a way to heal.

Here's the article I quoted from, but there are plenty of others:

https://marquemedical.com/damaging-effects-of-negativity/

Venting by focusing on and expressing the negative doesn't really do you or the ones you're venting to any good. Again, there are studies/science that back this up, so it's not my opinion.

https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/.../anger-management-the-five-ws-healthy-venting

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
the future does not look all that promising going forward.
I beg to differ. Just a few months this team was picked to be in the super bowl by many experts and were solidly in the top 10 of everyone's power rankings. This is that same team. They need to get healthy and they know what they need to improve on. The Cowboys are a lot closer to winning a lot of games than most think.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
I think you're a cheerleader whose feelings get hurt anytime someone dares to criticize anyone associated with the Cowboys.

It really doesn't require a poll. :rolleyes:
Has nothing to do with feelings getting hurt. It’s all about character. Some people have good character ie honesty, decent, self sacrifice, accountability and self control. And others are easy to quit, to give up, to pray for a loss. It’s a choice I’m life is what it boils down to o.

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
This has nothing to do with recent success. Just what you feel about the environment here since you’ve joined.
This was a great place to talk cowboys, but when these people who got the forum shut down on the teams website came here alot of very good oldschool posters stopped posting because of the troll type posting started to become too much

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
I say positive.

Too many homers like OP, parading around the site acting as if the Cowboys are contenders year after year

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I’d put the positive at about a four. And the negative at a nine or a ten right now.
Honestly, not a lot to be positive about right now. Franchise QB is out, we missed another window with the current group of players and the team appears rudderless.

Once we have a direction again, it’ll be easier to be on board.

cern

Reaction score
Has nothing to do with feelings getting hurt. It’s all about character. Some people have good character ie honesty, decent, self sacrifice, accountability and self control. And others are easy to quit, to give up, to pray for a loss. It’s a choice I’m life is what it boils down to o.
Every choice is a result of a previous antecedent event. You might think you're exercising free will by your choice, but in fact you are not. Your choices have been influenced by past events.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
This was a great place to talk cowboys, but when these people who got the forum shut down on the teams website came here alot of very good oldschool posters stopped posting because of the troll type posting started to become too much
And this place is a cess pool compared to that board.

Status
Not open for further replies.