Do you think CZ is overall mostly negative or positive about the Cowboys?

Do you think CZ is overall mostly negative or positive about the Cowboys?

• Positive

Votes: 18 15.7%
  • Negative

Votes: 97 84.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
That's not a fair question.
I think there are a lot of fans who are simply and correctly objective about the team.
Then you have fans like yourself who couldn't care less about the Cowboys, but are fans of Dak.
There's a big difference.
It's not negative to criticize the team you love and demand better.
It IS negative to ignore the facts and base your opinions on your hopes for one player or coach.
You’re one of the constantly negative posters so no surprise with your take.

blueblood70

Reaction score
All the hate that our players get makes this place tough to visit at times. Certainly these guys deserve criticism for their play, but rarely does their good play get recognized.

Dak is an avg qb who is greedy and will never lead the team to playoff success
Zeke is fat, dumb and lazy
Jaylon smith should be cut and is the worst LB in the history of mankind
DLaw got paid and stopped playing hard
Conner Williams is the worst OG in the league
Amari doesn't give a crap because his body language is bad. He should be traded
LVE should have never been drafted because he is one hit away from a wheelchair

Did I miss any?
true and that the tip of the iceberg and all not TRUE..some of the criticisms are warranted but not the entirety of the narratives created around here..fans make **** up and thats a fact..it gets old 90% opinion and negative narratives and 10% truths..
you forgot Garett the worst coach in the history of the nfl, sorry he was and is NOT..maybe not great but he far from bad..hes an average coach but never was bad..

now MM gets his due around here..hes a lying fat fraud and useless and his success was all Farve/Rogers LOL so his failures were his but success was his elite QBs? fans are ignorant and emotional, bad combo LOL

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
the "Dak is perfect" crowd are the only group that i can think of that constantly uses the word hate or hater. everyone else can generally accept differing viewpoints and even agree or at least acknowledge the other viewpoint after an exchange of ideas.
Yeah, sure. And pigs can fly? o_O

Blitzen

Reaction score
This has nothing to do with recent success. Just what you feel about the environment here since you’ve joined.

I think a lot of people take other's opinions WAY too seriously for their own good. They do not want the other person to express their opinion if it does not meet their standards. Fandom is individually realized. Every single person that spends the bulk of their football time following the team obviously wants this team to win.

Lots of us are not very satisfied currently because of the trend of season success (let alone super bowl wins). Others want posters to keep negative opinions to themselves (though I'm not sure for how long I would guess till the next loss) when the team wins a game.

I think quite a number of posters like to "battle" others with regards to either positive or negative spin on opinion. As though any of it actually matters to what we all want. The Cowboys winning more super bowls.

AlienBoy

Reaction score
I'd say it's negative. I haven't even really been on here much this year, win or lose. This is the 1st season since I've been married, going on 28 years this month, that I've actually missed a game. So I hadn't missed a game in almost 28 years. This season, I've missed 2, and they won both of them. So should I miss the rest to give us whatever chance we have at making the playoffs, or should I watch to give a better draft postion? :laugh:

USArmyVet

Reaction score
This has nothing to do with recent success. Just what you feel about the environment here since you’ve joined.

I think certain posters call people names when they dare express their own opinion or question any certain Cowboys players such as Dak, Zeke, or Amari.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
Yeah, sure. And pigs can fly? o_O
Sorry the truth hurts. But i'm positive people who want to make this a better place can modify their behavior and stop labeling all questions or criticism they don't agree with as hate. Just a non aggressive way to address the issue at hand.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Sorry the truth hurts. But i'm positive people who want to make this a better place can modify their behavior and stop labeling all questions or criticism they don't agree with as hate. Just a non aggressive way to address the issue at hand.
Truth? Yeah, nice spin.

It's bonafied Dak hate.

cowboyblue22

Reaction score
over the last twenty five years there has not been a lot to be positive about they are a bottom feeder team with a front office and gm that has no idea how to build a winning team or coaches that are pretty much in the same boat they have no idea

Aven8

Reaction score
We have people already wanting to get rid of Mike. Ridiculous. But that’s our world. I’m at peace this season. JG is gone. Hopefully Jaylon and Nolan next.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I just see this place as a healthy opinion forum where there are positives and negatives. I’m positive about most of the players. Negative about ownership. But the day this place becomes all positive or all negative about all subjects is the day we no longer have an opinion forum. None of us want that.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Both and both are necessary for spirited dialogue and repartee.

So, are any of the other Cowboys discussion sites any different than this one in that regard?

This fanbase has two issues to deal with and one no other sports fanbase has to stomach. There's the team performance, which speaks for itself and the previous years of frustration, but then we get this owner and his son acting like celebrities and ignoring how really bad this team is with all of their aggrandizing about their part in this. And every little thing they say is brought here which will do nothing but bring more negativity. Show me anything positive coming out of their mouths this season, that's not some feeble spin...anything.

How are posters supposed to stay positive when their team is so bad it gets flexed out of prime time and instead of the owner using that to accept responsibility, he spins that into they needed better ratings in the early game because the 7 games already there wouldn't do that.

What I don't get is why does anyone here care about the negative/positive slant in this forum? Hell, I love the negative stuff because that's where most of the best humor comes from and that's the best part of this site to me.

lostar2009

Reaction score
It's negative because this team is trash. And the negative comments are warranted. When we start winning the whole mood changes.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
I think a lot of people take other's opinions WAY too seriously for their own good. They do not want the other person to express their opinion if it does not meet their standards. Fandom is individually realized. Every single person that spends the bulk of their football time following the team obviously wants this team to win.

Lots of us are not very satisfied currently because of the trend of season success (let alone super bowl wins). Others want posters to keep negative opinions to themselves (though I'm not sure for how long I would guess till the next loss) when the team wins a game.

I think quite a number of posters like to "battle" others with regards to either positive or negative spin on opinion. As though any of it actually matters to what we all want. The Cowboys winning more super bowls.
No doubt there's a lot to be complaining about. Nothing wrong with that. I complain about how Jerry runs the organization from time to time. But whats disheartening are the group of posters who do nothing but complain about everything, every thread and every post over and over and over.

jnday

Reaction score
Has nothing to do with feelings getting hurt. It’s all about character. Some people have good character ie honesty, decent, self sacrifice, accountability and self control. And others are easy to quit, to give up, to pray for a loss. It’s a choice I’m life is what it boils down to o.
Oh, so the purpose of this thread emerges. You are just wanting to take a swipe at the people that favors tanking for a high draft pick. What your thick head fails to see is that sacrificing one season could lead to drafting elite talent that could be the base for ten years of winning. At least tanking has a chance of working. Continuing the insanity that has produced this pathetic excuse of a team will only result in the same. We are willing to sacrifice a season for long term gain. We are not willing to continue the status quo for several more embarrassing seasons.

GMO415

Reaction score
Ask the same poll in a year we're the #1 seed in the NFC and the polls reversed.

Status
Not open for further replies.