Do you think CZ is overall mostly negative or positive about the Cowboys?

Do you think CZ is overall mostly negative or positive about the Cowboys?

• Positive

Votes: 18 15.7%
  • Negative

Votes: 97 84.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Oh, so the purpose of this thread emerges. You are just wanting to take a swipe at the people that favors tanking for a high draft pick. What your thick head fails to see is that sacrificing one season could lead to drafting elite talent that could be the base for ten years of winning. At least tanking has a chance of working. Continuing the insanity that has produced this pathetic excuse of a team will only result in the same. We are willing to sacrifice a season for long term gain. We are not willing to continue the status quo for several more embarrassing seasons.
While that makes sense in theory, what leads you to believe these people will be better at position evaluation in building a team?

Flinger

Reaction score
My hope is that, in most cases, these are people with an online persona who are very different in their offline life. I feel for folks who are relentlessly negative or, worse, think the only way to be "realistic" or "analytical" is to project negative views..

Well - it's easy to "get negative" with this team and ownership. But, it's the pathological, constant drivel that becomes boring. And, then it devolves into personal attacks.

Like you, I'm an executive for a global pharma corporation. Just don't have time or patience for their schtick... There is some good information imparted on this board - posted comments, tweets, etc. Mostly come here for that.

Have reached out to the Mods a time or two about stopping the personal attacks that are going on... nice guys. No action. Not sure if they are "making money" off this site. Don't care. But, just like the media, they seem to permit controversy to increase viewership. Negative sells. Sad, really. Could be a great site, but they can't see it.

jnday

Reaction score
We have people already wanting to get rid of Mike. Ridiculous. But that’s our world. I’m at peace this season. JG is gone. Hopefully Jaylon and Nolan next.
Mike is proving to be worse than Garrett. There is reasons why fans want he gone. His season highlight is smashing a watermelon.

jnday

Reaction score
While that makes sense in theory, what leads you to believe these people will be better at position evaluation in building a team?
So they should just continue with this mess that they know is not working? Having a shot at elite talent doesn’t come around often. It is worth a shot that they have more success the higher the draft pick.

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
This has nothing to do with recent success. Just what you feel about the environment here since you’ve joined.
Serious question Rocky...

How do you view the overall effect on the forum from the attitude you exude here?

I view you as one of THE most negative posters here. Constantly whining. Constantly calling people out. Constantly spewing hateful negativity.

Relax bud. Try and find you some of that pompatus of love.

Shake_Tiller

Reaction score
Well - it's easy to "get negative" with this team and ownership. But, it's the pathological, constant drivel that becomes boring. And, then it devolves into personal attacks.

Like you, I'm an executive for a global pharma corporation. Just don't have time or patience for their schtick... There is some good information imparted on this board - posted comments, tweets, etc. Mostly come here for that.

Have reached out to the Mods a time or two about stopping the personal attacks that are going on... nice guys. No action. Not sure if they are "making money" off this site. Don't care. But, just like the media, they seem to permit controversy to increase viewership. Negative sells. Sad, really. Could be a great site, but they can't see it.
I wouldn't want the mods' job. Tough and thankless. I have learned to embrace the ignore function. I use it sparingly but have never regretted doing so. Kinda like a cup of coffee in the morning.

Shake_Tiller

Reaction score

My "ignore" guideline... people who frequently engage in personal attacks, and people who would criticize Staubach for under throwing the Hail Mary pass if it happened today.

shabazz

Reaction score
Very good point. I often forget how easily the voices of many get drowned out by a loud minority.

Hmmm, where else have We seen this exact scenario?

So a small but vocal minority group is complaining how bad everything thing is and that is somehow portrayed as being the prevailing and mainstream thought for everyone else......

Nah, haven’t seen that played out before

visionary

Reaction score
No meaningful playoff success in 25+ years

Crazy delusional owner

Incompetent GM

Above average QB who is injured

current record 4-9 and last place in a division that is so bad that the winner of which has literally zero chance of winning a playoff game

and some fans here still think Jerry is a great owner and that Dak is an elite QB and that we will make the playoffs this year

:facepalm:

Brax

Reaction score
negative by landslide and gets taxing and very toxic as true diehard fan to feel lie im in enemy territory daily..
"true diehard fan" that equals homer and always right, everyone else is not a "true" fan like you and wrong so it's negative to you by default if it's a different view than yours , the only way to fix something broken is to evaluate it with out blinders on something most homers like you can't do.

Brax

Reaction score
No meaningful playoff success in 25+ years

Crazy delusional owner

Incompetent GM

Above average QB who is injured

current record 4-9 and last place in a division that is so bad that the winner of which has literally zero chance of winning a playoff game

and some fans here still think Jerry is a great owner and that Dak is an elite QB and that we will make the playoffs this year

:facepalm:
Good post and to the point, Sad isn't it, you must be a Mr. Negative. Merry Christmas stay safe.

Reaction score
This has nothing to do with recent success. Just what you feel about the environment here since you’ve joined.
Everybody wants the team to win championships.

People just have different opinions on what the best approach is to build that championship team. Whether it's who the QB or HC should be, who should be making decisions on draft picks or free agents, or anything else. Whether it's good or bad to win meaningless games in December. People have strong opinions and it gets heated sometimes.

That's how I look at it.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
thanks for the update Jerry.

Not for you it doesnt.

Young Olineman look promising..................Dak will be back and we should have some nice new young talent on defense.

Last edited:

Brax

Reaction score
Not for you it doesnt.

Young Olineman look promising..................Dak will be back and we should have some nice new young talent on defense.
Another happy with 8-8 , 7-9, 9-7 yeah looks real promising especially after paying the elite money for QB, again thanks Jerry for the propaganda.

mrmojo

Reaction score
My "ignore" guideline... people who frequently engage in personal attacks, and people who would criticize Staubach for under throwing the Hail Mary pass if it happened today.
It was a back shoulder pass, Staubach was way before his time....

Status
Not open for further replies.