Do you think CZ is overall mostly negative or positive about the Cowboys?

Do you think CZ is overall mostly negative or positive about the Cowboys?

• Positive

Votes: 18 15.7%
  • Negative

Votes: 97 84.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
Oh, so the purpose of this thread emerges. You are just wanting to take a swipe at the people that favors tanking for a high draft pick. What your thick head fails to see is that sacrificing one season could lead to drafting elite talent that could be the base for ten years of winning. At least tanking has a chance of working. Continuing the insanity that has produced this pathetic excuse of a team will only result in the same. We are willing to sacrifice a season for long term gain. We are not willing to continue the status quo for several more embarrassing seasons.
As soon as I saw this thread, I knew it was his passive aggressive way to dump on those of us who are willing to sacrifice some meaningless wins this year, for the opportunity to greatly improve our draft position.

John813

Reaction score
It's positive when the team wins/going to the playoffs and it's negative when they suck.
Past two years have been disappointments during the season so it's largely negative now.

In the offseason it was fully of optimism with only a few throwing up red flags.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This has nothing to do with recent success. Just what you feel about the environment here since you’ve joined.

I have not read through all the posts yet. But since I first found this site, in 2003, it has always had a negative tone to it.

I recall only 1 season it had a positive feel, the 2014, 12-4 season. Seemed all the Negative Nancy's but a few went into the woodwork. Until the injury riddled no Romo at QB 2015 season, they were right back out.

Even the 13-3, 2016 season had the negativity, as everything was...Dak's next big test...tone. And it's been downhill ever since.
This season is the worse I seen it though.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
All about perspective. And, you can choose. So if you're always negative about everything, that's on you. Entertainment or a bunch of goofs on the internet don't change my emotions. I will say in certain forums here there are some pretty awesome people and that's joyful. I get a kick out of the humor.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
What's there to be positive about? The Cowboys have been bad for far too long and don't seem to have a plan to improve.

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
I’d put the positive at about a four. And the negative at a nine or a ten right now.
Honestly, not a lot to be positive about right now. Franchise QB is out, we missed another window with the current group of players and the team appears rudderless.

Once we have a direction again, it’ll be easier to be on board.

I think there's always a positive in every season, not to be confused with a positive season.

Think Dallas found a S that is going to be really good in Donovan Wilson.

Think 2021 CB situation wont be as much of a hole as people think with Diggs and Robinson.

Dallas found a very good C in Biadasz

And IMO the biggest story they found a complete TE in Schultz. Jarwin flashed in 2019 but Schultz gives you what Jarwin does but also gives you something Jarwin doesnt and thats blocking

blueblood70

Reaction score
"true diehard fan" that equals homer and always right, everyone else is not a "true" fan like you and wrong so it's negative to you by default if it's a different view than yours , the only way to fix something broken is to evaluate it with out blinders on something most homers like you can't do.
and our response proves what we deem this place negative every single thing that come out of more then half of this place mouth is ALL negative.

but thanks for opening your mouth to prove Rockport correct.. when its 100% negative its toxic and its not NO BLINDERS truth most of it are made up narratives , ridiculous opinions , and for sure all the advice given to fix the DC is asinine , i mean who from the FO is watching, can you make difference from a keyboard? You have more knowledge then the FO and every coach we ever had oh exception JJ because he did it all by himself and those SBs dont count for Jerry.. ? we should fire everyone cut and trade the rest and start over yearly LMAO..you are NOT COACHES, GMS , OR NFL Employees and especially you are not a capologist and can not offer advise to Jerry on where hes made mistakes on contracts that will effect the cap when you do NOT KNOW THIS..

oh staying stuck in 25years Plus narrative crowd, who cares not one payer coach or most DC employees exist back then nd most of the Roster is turned over every 5years , so it doesnt matter..all that matters is recent history like under 5years and especially judging MM in his first year before complete and name calling and calling for his firings..idiocy..there are reason why the DC are failing mostly injuries' so judging player and coaches harshly is losing battle , most if not ALL will be back so then what the continued whining. Its a losing proposition because you wont effect the team, you cant..

forcing your negativity via telling all of us the best ways to run the DC is out of control..

if you hate all things DC and its been going on 25plus years maybe it is time to move on since you cant let it go..

lets not mistake being easy to drag into negative conversation that for the most part are baseless..

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
No doubt there's a lot to be complaining about. Nothing wrong with that. I complain about how Jerry runs the organization from time to time. But whats disheartening are the group of posters who do nothing but complain about everything, every thread and every post over and over and over.
Rock, don’t let that get you down. Our forum is a reflection of life everywhere. We all have good days, bad days, good seasons of life, challenging seasons of life. Some people are so positive all the time it’s nauseating and some are so negative it’s a downer. But that’s life. It’s never all one anything.

I don’t agree with some of what’s said around here. But I’m glad we have this forum to express our thoughts and emotions about all things Cowboys. My two cent advice is- enjoy the ride. There are tons of great people on this site. Even some that aren’t positive very often!

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Not sure why the OP chose to insert CZ into the mix when CZ is made up of Cowboys fans, not CZ fans.

It is not really hard to understand ..

When the Cowboys are playing well, fans love the Cowboys.

When the Cowboys are playing average, fans want change and are a little negative but hopeful about the Cowboys.

When the Cowboys are playing poorly, fans are unhappy and are mostly negative about the Cowboys.

CZ has nothing to do with it.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Another happy with 8-8 , 7-9, 9-7 yeah looks real promising especially after paying the elite money for QB, again thanks Jerry for the propaganda.

All depends on how good the defense is. If the defense sucks, then yah, we will probably be an average team. However, that has nothing to do with the offense or Dak or any QB.

QB's get paid for how well they lead the offense, not the defense.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Serious question Rocky...

How do you view the overall effect on the forum from the attitude you exude here?

I view you as one of THE most negative posters here. Constantly whining. Constantly calling people out. Constantly spewing hateful negativity.

Relax bud. Try and find you some of that pompatus of love.

I'm glad to see that someone else sees the irony of the board's most negative poster and person creating a poll thread about this board's positivity. And then, as is his M.O., attacking others while talking about "character".

jnday

Reaction score
As soon as I saw this thread, I knew it was his passive aggressive way to dump on those of us who are willing to sacrifice some meaningless wins this year, for the opportunity to greatly improve our draft position.
He is very predictable. He really believes that his “never quit” attitude means anything to the team. He can wave pom-poms and arrogantly insult others posters all he wants, but it will not have any effect on this team.

jnday

Reaction score
I'm glad to see that someone else sees the irony of the board's most negative poster and person creating a poll thread about this board's positivity. And then, as is his M.O., attacking others while talking about "character".
He is just negative about anybody that disagrees with opinions. In this case, it is about 99% of Cowboy fans.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He is just negative about anybody that disagrees with opinions. In this case, it is about 99% of Cowboy fans.

Indicative of a narrow and closed mind. Unable to see anything beyond himself, his own opinion, and how he views things. Anything that doesn't align with that is too much for him to handle.

Ignorant.

And the fact that he created a thread like this puts it on full display. Bringing up the negativity of others while he himself is the most negative presence on the entire board. That's some world class lack of self awareness right there.

Brax

Reaction score
All depends on how good the defense is. If the defense sucks, then yah, we will probably be an average team. However, that has nothing to do with the offense or Dak or any QB.

QB's get paid for how well they lead the offense, not the defense.

Until you figure out these basic principles, you will continue to get everything wrong when it comes to QB's.
It is a very simple principle, you do not pay elite money for a good player period. Doesn't matter where he plays or what position. TEAM building 101 tells you this and until you grasp that simple concept you will never understand how a championship team is built. Proof, Jerry builds a team your way, Craft builds a team my way, I will take my way. QB's get paid for results, Play off wins, SB appearances or Elite traits, We have not seen that type of QB for 25 years. Keep being a player fan it is what Jerry and losers do, I bet you are a tank for a OL guy to protect that good QB who isn't leading the team anywhere with out a high end defense, it is very simple sorry you have such a hard time understanding it.

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
Posters here like most places on the internet, love when things are bad so they can *****. Hell, the ones who complained the most about losses complained the loudest about our winning the last game. I truly believe some would rather be right and lose, than be wrong and win.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think there's always a positive in every season, not to be confused with a positive season.

Think Dallas found a S that is going to be really good in Donovan Wilson.

Think 2021 CB situation wont be as much of a hole as people think with Diggs and Robinson.

Dallas found a very good C in Biadasz

And IMO the biggest story they found a complete TE in Schultz. Jarwin flashed in 2019 but Schultz gives you what Jarwin does but also gives you something Jarwin doesnt and thats blocking

I agree with all of that. Though I think we’ve also seen several players fall off the list of impact players (Jaylon, LVE, Elliott), so it’s kind of a wash in that regard.

Not trying to be a downer. I just don’t think we’ve got a plan right now. Or a very good coaching staff.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'm convinced there are certain posters who only come to a sight like this to complain, but even of the more reasonable folks the mood has probably become more negative. The longer the team goes without putting out a team that is at least a true contender, the more negative people will get.

cern

Reaction score
I think certain posters call people names when they dare express their own opinion or question any certain Cowboys players such as Dak, Zeke, or Amari.
i imagine being an army vet you just aren't used to hearing people complain.

Status
Not open for further replies.