Do you think he Cowboys will be good next year

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
True, it has to be painful going into the season expecting the worst, doesn't seem fun to me.
I would say many of us, me included, are realist. We have seen the same thing over and over and over again with this team. We hope for the best, but don’t expect it. This is probably like most fans. What sets the realist apart, from the optimist, is that after the season is over, when we look back and see all the dumb things we did to lose big games, and all the smart things the good teams did to win big games, we as realist, look at the biggest problems and want to get rid of them( Garrett ), while optimist tend to be more forgiving of failure and especially, mediocrity. Optimist will accept mediocrity much longer than realist. As a realist, I Am completely DONE with Garrett’s mediocrity. Mediocrity does not win Superbowls!! I will admit though, as a realist, I am probably not having as much fun watching this team, with Garrett as the coach, as an optimist.

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
I would say many of us, me included, are realist. We have seen the same thing over and over and over again with this team. We hope for the best, but don’t expect it. This is probably like most fans. What sets the realist apart, from the optimist, is that after the season is over, when we look back and see all the dumb things we did to lose big games, and all the smart things the good teams did to win big games, we as realist, look at the biggest problems and want to get rid of them( Garrett ), while optimist tend to be more forgiving of failure and especially, mediocrity. Optimist will accept mediocrity much longer than realist. As a realist, I Am completely DONE with Garrett’s mediocrity. Mediocrity does not win Superbowls!! I will admit though, as a realist, I am probably not having as much fun watching this team, with Garrett as the coach, as an optimist.
No but you are not as disappointed when they goof up. Believe me I am much calmer when I watch Cowboy games now then I was a few years ago.

jay94

Reaction score
Next year? Let's see a show of hands for those that picked PHL, MIN, LAR and NO to win their divisions. How many picked DAL, SEA and GB to miss the playoffs?

New season every season and new had been redefined.

Your right, I think when Rodgers got hurt people knew the team was done. To me he's the best qb in the league. That being said with your above statement, if we know one thing about the Cowboys the past 25 years, we are the moniker for mediocrity.

TX_Yid

Reaction score
There is too much talent for us to be bad, but the passing game has really started to struggle. We need new blood at the WR position in the worst way. I still believe in Beasley, but Dak has to have some other reliable outlets.

kumizi

Reaction score
If none of the key players miss much action, they’ll win double digit games.

But the chances of that happening are probably 20-25% imo

jay94

Reaction score
If none of the key players miss much action, they’ll win double digit games.

But the chances of that happening are probably 20-25% imo

So were one of the only teams in the league that can't deal with injuries? Boy that lifts my confidence about this team...

jay94

Reaction score
I like the schedule better next year more then this year.

GORICO

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
hard to say bc the draft and fa and stuff.

But anyways the secondary was rebuilt and there’s tons of guys who are trending upward. We need serious depth tho. Bc some guys like Tyron and zeke and lee are wAy too important. And dak has to figure out if he wants to be a star or a bus driver. Last year he was very disappointing.
mr Marion---- I think we will see similar "ineptness" as we saw this year...little adjustment when getting our clocks cleaned....a failed scheme that opposition sees right through in 1st quarter....pressure on Dak and exposes his inability to throw a decent football downfiled from pocket....a few good runs by Zeke....now and then....and the leadership clapping as we lose....saying we just did not quite play to our potential...and Jerry making billions running a mediocre team....makes a person feel that anticipation of cannot wait for the season to begin again...right??????

kevm3

Reaction score
What's the point of being a fan if you don't expect the best every season? I don't understand how pessimists ever enjoy anything.

Because it's even more unenjoyable to expect the boys to tear it up only to be greeted with over a decade of mediocrity. After a while, you just realize it for what it is and stay emotionally withdrawn.

Jipper

Reaction score

We have an insane schedule.

we have an insane schedule every single year. I can't remember the last time that someone said we had an easy schedule...even in 2016 when we played a 4th place schedule it was still hard

look...to be the best you have to beat the best. If this is a very good team then they will hold up against quality opponents...not like we can play the browns every week.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
hard to say bc the draft and fa and stuff.

But anyways the secondary was rebuilt and there’s tons of guys who are trending upward. We need serious depth tho. Bc some guys like Tyron and zeke and lee are wAy too important. And dak has to figure out if he wants to be a star or a bus driver. Last year he was very disappointing.

Define good? Old school Cowboys meaning Super Bowl - No way. Modern Cowboys meaning 9 or 10 wins, quick exit from playoffs then we hear about continuing the process - Yes.

cowboy_ron

You Can't Fix Stupid
Reaction score
According to the Garrett Almanac....it's an even numbered year....so yes...just in time to save his job once again....maybe even good enough for Jerry to extend him again.

jay94

Reaction score
What do you like about next years schedule
I just believe it to be easier than this year. Last year I said multiple times in the old Cowboys forum what a tough schedule we had, I just don't feel as strongly against this upcoming one. I'm not saying it is going to be a cake walk by any means, but hell an extra win and we are likely in the playoffs.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
tenor.gif
There is no amount of talent that current coaching & philosophies can't screw up. Sad, but true.