Do You Think McNabb is a top 5 QB in the League?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AJM1613

Reaction score
I know, this sounds like I'm trolling for a fight, in some ways I am (Trickblue, that Eagle's troll picture probably will come up). If you don't want to post on it you don't have too. I am just getting so annoyed with all these people saying that he isn't that good.

Best record in the league the last 4 years.

Look at these all time stats:
4th in TD-Interception Ratio (1.87)
3rd in Interception Percentage (2.31)

Now the last 10 games of last year:
184-288 (63.9%) for 2362 14 TD, 5 Int. 97.2 QB rating.

Best QB rating over that period of time in the NFL.

In 2002 he was on pace to beat Mike Vick in rushing yards by a QB until he got hurt.

107 yards rushing vs. Green Bay in the playoffs (record).

Please only well thought out posts. No smack talk.

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
Thanks for saving me the trouble...
wink.gif

blindzebra

Reaction score
AJM1613 said:
I know, this sounds like I'm trolling for a fight, in some ways I am (Trickblue, that Eagle's troll picture probably will come up). If you don't want to post on it you don't have too. I am just getting so annoyed with all these people saying that he isn't that good.

In 2002 he was on pace to beat Mike Vick in rushing yards by a QB until he got hurt.

Maybe he should become a RB, his INTs are low because of the offensive system. He is also a 57% passer in a WCO which is REALLY low.

McNabb is top 10, but no way he is top 5.

Az Lurker

The Lurker
Reaction score
Manning, Brady, Favre, McNair, Pennington, Cullpepper and Trent Green all better QB's then McNabb

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
AJM1613 said:

sorry but McNabb is a good player, but he isnt a great QB. Until he improves his ability to throw the ball down field with accuracy he'll always be limited. He is good at the underneath stuff but his downfield passing game is pretty lousy. He's also been mediocre at best in the postseason and when he was out for an extended period of time a no talent QB like AJ Feeley was able to guide the team just as well

I'd put McNabb in the middle of the pack somewhere when it comes to overall QB skills...

David

AJM1613

Reaction score
Mr. (not Jerry) Jones said:
Manning, Brady, Favre, McNair, Pennington, Cullpepper and Trent Green all better QB's then McNabb
Okay...

Manning: Yes.
Brady: No not nearly as good, a Trent Dilfer, average.
McNair: Yes.
Farve: Yes.
Pennington: No way!
Cullpepper: About the same stats as McNabb, more Ints. Great offense.
Trent Green: Pass me some of that s***.

How can you put Green on that list and not Hasselback?

chicago JK

Reaction score
I have been a fan of McNabb since college and last offseason I was a strong supporter that he was one of the top 5 qb's in the league. I was wrong last year. He really struggled most of the year. So as of now, I don't rank him in the top 5. This is a big year for him. If he struggles again and doesn't play to his potential than things could get real interesting.

AJM1613

Reaction score
chicago JK said:
I have been a fan of McNabb since college and last offseason I was a strong supporter that he was one of the top 5 qb's in the league. I was wrong last year. He really struggled most of the year. So as of now, I don't rank him in the top 5. This is a big year for him. If he struggles again and doesn't play to his potential than things could get real interesting.
His struggles were do to injury, just like Farve's. You don't write off Farve as one of the best QBs ever because of an injury do you?

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Well, if he's not, he's pretty close IMO. If it were me, I'd probably say my top 5 were something like:

Manning
Brady
McNair
Favre

and then I think McNabb, Culpepper and Arron Brooks are all right there. JMO

AJM1613

Reaction score
dbair1967 said:
sorry but McNabb is a good player, but he isnt a great QB. Until he improves his ability to throw the ball down field with accuracy he'll always be limited. He is good at the underneath stuff but his downfield passing game is pretty lousy. He's also been mediocre at best in the postseason and when he was out for an extended period of time a no talent QB like AJ Feeley was able to guide the team just as well

I'd put McNabb in the middle of the pack somewhere when it comes to overall QB skills...

David
AJ Feeley got us a 2nd rounder, you only gave a 3rd for Henson.
A no talent QB?

McNabb has a good deep ball, just awful WRs (before now) to throw the ball to last year.

Mediocre at best in the postseason?? He had 2 bad games (due to injury), and 5 good games.

Feeley's games were won by the defense. I like the guy but he really wasn't too efficent when he did play. Koy ran the offense well.

AJM1613

Reaction score
ABQCOWBOY said:
Well, if he's not, he's pretty close IMO. If it were me, I'd probably say my top 5 were something like:

Manning
Brady
McNair
Favre

and then I think McNabb, Culpepper and Arron Brooks are all right there. JMO
Brady shouldn't be on that list.

TheSkaven

Last Man Standing
Reaction score
AJM1613 said:

Best record in the league, you can thank your defense for that AJM.

Did you know that Quincy Carter threw more touchdowns last year than Donovan McNabb? Carter also threw for more yards and had a better completion percentage. This, against a quarterback who runs the WCO.

Look, I'm not trying to pick a fight with you either, but we're talking about the quarterback who made the term "worm balls" famous. There is no questioning his athleticism, but his accuracy is a big question mark.

While his reluctance to throw the ball down the field may mean he has a great career TD-INT ratio, it also means he misses open receivers and his teams do not score points.

On top of all that, he seems to now be injury prone. He's not very outspoken, not a good leader in the locker room.

I'll give you 10 quarterbacks better than him, in no particular order. You tell me which ones that you think he is better than. They are Manning, Favre, Vick, Culpepper, Brady, Hassleback, Trent Green, McNair, Bulger, and Bledsoe.

And to be honest, I'd say maybe to: Quincy Carter, Brad Johnson, Kerry Collins and A.J. Feely.

blindzebra

Reaction score
AJM1613 said:
Okay...

Brady: No not nearly as good, a Trent Dilfer, average.
Pennington: No way!
Cullpepper: About the same stats as McNabb, more Ints. Great offense.
Trent Green: Pass me some of that s***.

How can you put Green on that list and not Hasselback?

Man, you are such a HOMER.

Brady has a better QB rating and has won 2 Super Bowls, Dilfer...average, not even close. Comparing Brady to Dilfer is like compaing McNabb to Carter.

Every QB on that list has better numbers than McNabb, so that makes them better.

If you don't like the answers, don't ask the question.

Q_the_man

Reaction score
AJM1613 said:

Yep, he is a top 5 QB, though I hate to say it. Now he has TO, but still has no running game.

I would take Mcnabb over every QB in the league except for Maybe Manning, Vick and Mcnair....

TheSkaven

Last Man Standing
Reaction score
AJM1613 said:
McNabb has a good deep ball, just awful WRs (before now) to throw the ball to last year.

LOL sorry, I live in Philadelphia and that's all I hear. Well I tell you, this season all bets are off. He isn't a top 5 QB, but he does have a top 3 WR this year. If McNabb puts up a 57% completion percentage with less than 20 TDs this year, birds fans will not be able to use the WR card this year.

All that I have to say is I will be in Texas Stadium in November for the MNF game. I can't wait. :D

AJM1613

Reaction score
TheSkaven said:
Best record in the league, you can thank your defense for that AJM.
Defense didn't play too well last season after all of the injuries.

Did you know that Quincy Carter threw more touchdowns last year than Donovan McNabb? Carter also threw for more yards and had a better completion percentage. This, against a quarterback who runs the WCO.
[/quote]
He also had less interceptions than Carter. Our offense also scored more points. Cater had a better completion percentage than him, by .3 percent!! 57.5 to 57.8. He had a 63.9 completion percentage the last 10 games.
While his reluctance to throw the ball down the field may mean he has a great career TD-INT ratio, it also means he misses open receivers and his teams do not score points.
you don't watch too many Eagles games do you? 2nd in the NFC 2 years ago in points scored. Last 10 games last year we averaged 28 points a year.
On top of all that, he seems to now be injury prone. He's not very outspoken, not a good leader in the locker room.
He isn't injury prone, did you see the two plays he got hurt on? One was a sack from Arizona, he was bent over backwards and his leg snaped (yes he played the rest of the game, 4TD passes). The other time he hit his thumb on another player's helmet. In the NFCCG he was hit late in the ribs. Any QB would be hurt with that happening to them.
I'll give you 10 quarterbacks better than him, in no particular order. You tell me which ones that you think he is better than. They are Manning, Favre, Vick, Culpepper, Brady, Hassleback, Trent Green, McNair, Bulger, and Bledsoe.

And to be honest, I'd say maybe to: Quincy Carter, Brad Johnson, Kerry Collins and A.J. Feely.
Vick: No.
Culpepper: No.
Brady: No.
Hassleback: Maybe.
Green: No.
Bulger: No.
Bledsoe: :eek: No.

Carter: No.
Johnson: No.