Do You Think McNabb is a top 5 QB in the League?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
1: Manning
2: Brady
3: Farve
4: Culpepper
5: Green
6: Pennington

Then you can start talking about McNabb. TO has proven that McNabb is not a top 5 QB because he proved McNabb is only as good as his receivers, while the truly great ones elevate the talent they have. Look at Brady: average receivers, great players. Same with Green and Pennington. Culpepper and Manning ahve great targets but they are just obviously better than McNabb.

Bottom line, TO made McNabb better, not the other way around.

Phoenix-Talon

Eagles Fan Liaison
Reaction score
Look Heavy, no disrespect intended ok? But your list is a mess! I'll try to place it in some logical order that you'll see where I'm comiong from. Your List reflects your bias as it stands. Check this out ..

HeavyHitta31 approves the following QB
Peyton Manning is a good solid choice; broke a recoord or two this season and probably should have been an AFC contender for the SB -- I agree (but not necessarily with the #1 position -- yes, the #1 is fine with me!)

Hel no --Brady should not be #2! He's a very good leader and QB; But not the 2nd best in the NFL this year. A few field goals gone bad and he may not even have been in the SB. I'm starting to lean on Him being over-rated. The right defensive squad will show you how to control Brady and force mistakes. Watch the SB carefully and then let's chat again about your #2. I disagree -- perhaps #4

This one is slightly difficult, because Favre is Hall-of-fame bound. Was he #3 this season -- yes! I agree -- but keep it in mind that he's on the hub of making that dreaded "R-word" decision. That will be based on the assessment of his own performance this season. I'd still agree with you; he's a classic in a category of his own. When he's on -- it all the way live!

I like Culpepper -- but not that much. When Moss is on; Culpepper is on -- but when Moss is out they stop winning. McNabb can and has won games without T.O. The Point is I disagree with the rating you've given him, but he is among the to QBs this season.

I think this is where you inserted some form of bias, because I can't see Green fitting into a category just below Favre -- huh?! Extract Green; disagree with you on this pick

Pennington is Carter's colleague (or vis-versa). Anyway, I didn't think Pennington had the supporting cast around him to make the type of impact you imply. I could go either way on this one.

Then you can start talking about McNabb.
When the pigskin is launched into the heavens, there's no pulling it back. T.O. must be at the designated location to obtain said Pigskin and make the completion and any coincidental extra yardage that he can obtain.

Keep this in your mind, McNabb ensures the ball gets to LJ SMith, Lewis, Freddie, Westbrook, Pinkston, as well as T.O. -- it's not the other way around. Now there's something to be said about "getting into the open," but Mcnabb still has had several other options all season. Now In the dawning of the SB, he stiill has several healthy options and a pAir of very fresh legs of his own (perhaps an X-factor). I strongly disagree with your bias to withohold McNabb from the top-five QB ratings.

Ok, so now you know how I feel about some of your choices -- not bad if you toss out some ingrained feelings you subtly express in your list. Here's my un-biased (as un-biased as I can be -- realizing that I have biases going into this ...)

Manning
Pennington
McNabb
Favre/Culpepper
Brady/Green (maybe Green/Brady)

Don't forget to watch Brady show himself (like he did in the Pittsburgh game) when confronted with a strong defensive squad looking at him. We'll talk about htis again.

Be well. ;)

Tio

Armchair QB
Reaction score
I must stop that infernal reek that is the vile clump of poop that is your list.
hel no --Brady should not be #2! He's a very good leader and QB; But not the 2nd best in the NFL this year. A few field goals gone bad and he may not even have been in the SB. I'm starting to lean on Him being over-rated. The right defensive squad will show you how to control Brady and force mistakes. Watch the SB carefully and then let's chat again about your #2. I disagree -- perhaps #4
There is no way you can deny brady of number 2. He has routinely been the guy to rise above all the other qbs. He is number one or two on anyone's list.

This one is slightly difficult, because Favre is Hall-of-fame bound. Was he #3 this season -- yes! I agree -- but keep it in mind that he's on the hub of making that dreaded "R-word" decision. That will be based on the assessment of his own performance this season. I'd still agree with you; he's a classic in a category of his own. When he's on -- it all the way live!
No way is he number 3. Culpepper is probably 3. Farvre is a gun slinger that is starting to miss with his shots.

I like Culpepper -- but not that much. When Moss is on; Culpepper is on -- but when Moss is out they stop winning. McNabb can and has won games without T.O. The Point is I disagree with the rating you've given him, but he is among the to QBs this season.
Do you know how many games moss missed this year? Have you seen Culpepper's numbers?

I think this is where you inserted some form of bias, because I can't see Green fitting into a category just below Favre -- huh?! Extract Green; disagree with you on this pick
Green is top 10 at best.

Pennington is Carter's colleague (or vis-versa). Anyway, I didn't think Pennington had the supporting cast around him to make the type of impact you imply. I could go either way on this one.
I agree, pennington was always a favorite of mine. He seems to will that jets team to victory.

Manning
Pennington
McNabb
Favre/Culpepper
Brady/Green (maybe Green/Brady)

. ;)
Here is the real list...

1.Manning
2.Brady
3.Culpepper
4.Mcnabb
5.Pennington/brees

AJM1613

Reaction score
HeavyHitta31 said:

Then you can start talking about McNabb. TO has proven that McNabb is not a top 5 QB because he proved McNabb is only as good as his receivers, while the truly great ones elevate the talent they have. Look at Brady: average receivers, great players. Same with Green and Pennington. Culpepper and Manning ahve great targets but they are just obviously better than McNabb.

Bottom line, TO made McNabb better, not the other way around.

I hope you're fishing.

There is no way Green, Favre and Pennington are better than McNabb, they all have better targets and worse stats.

Tio

Armchair QB
Reaction score
AJM1613 said:
I hope you're fishing.

There is no way Green, Favre and Pennington are better than McNabb, they all have better targets and worse stats.
Pennington and green have better targets than mcnabb?

Fletch

To The Moon
Reaction score
AJM1613 said:
Brady shouldn't be on that list.

That right there proves how idiotic Fecal fans are. You take the cake my friend. You're a *** IDIOT!

AJM1613

Reaction score
Fletch said:
That right there proves how idiotic Fecal fans are. You take the cake my friend. You're a *** IDIOT!

If you read the rest of my posts on this thread, I said I "changed" my opinion (a.k.a. "fishing" when I originally wrote it). Actually, I think he's the best in the league, until he losses tomorrow, then it will be McNabb.

R-E-A-D.

Tio said:
Pennington and green have better targets than mcnabb?

Sorry, worded it wrong. Better offensive supporting casts.

Tio

Armchair QB
Reaction score
AJM1613 said:
If you read the rest of my posts on this thread, I said I "changed" my opinion (a.k.a. "fishing" when I originally wrote it). Actually, I think he's the best in the league, until he losses tomorrow, then it will be McNabb.

R-E-A-D.

Sorry, worded it wrong. Better offensive supporting casts.
You seriously don't think you're gonna win right?

ANyway, I think the eagles have a better OL, WRs, and TE than the jets. And they don't get completely blown out of the water at rb either...

AJM1613

Reaction score
Tio said:
You seriously don't think you're gonna win right?

ANyway, I think the eagles have a better OL, WRs, and TE than the jets. And they don't get completely blown out of the water at rb either...

Win what? The game tomorrow?

Yeah I think we're going to win, the only way the Patriots win tomorrow is if the Eagles "stay in St. Augustine".

For a team that doesn't get overconfident, the Patriots are extremely overconfident.

Phoenix-Talon

Eagles Fan Liaison
Reaction score
AJM1613] For a team that doesn't get overconfident, the Patriots are extremely overconfident ...
The following caption indicates the Hammer (the Eagles) stopping the nail (the Pats) in its tracks from bypassing the Cowboys as a dynasty. Thought this site might appreciate that effort, but some of their comments indicats otherwise -- interesting.
:hammer:

I agree. I think they believe all the media hype about a "dynasty." But the hammer of Thor is going to come down on those Pediatrics today!

Eagles will get that Lombardi trophy today!:D

Tio

Armchair QB
Reaction score
AJM1613 said:
Win what? The game tomorrow?

Yeah I think we're going to win, the only way the Patriots win tomorrow is if the Eagles "stay in St. Augustine".

For a team that doesn't get overconfident, the Patriots are extremely overconfident.
Funny, all week it seems the eagles have had their mind on TO and TO on their mind.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
BrAinPaiNt said:
Although you proved him wrong....it might be wise until Monday Morning before gloating....might be bad karma towards your team this weekend....and if they lose I am going to all eagles message boards and saying the reason they lost is because of you jinxing them. :eek: :p ;)

Karma....funny thing sometimes.

YOU jinxed your team. :D

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
Gets rattled early in the game, granted his o-line left him out to die in the big one, I expect him to bounce back and be a good one....

Status
Not open for further replies.