Do You Think McNabb is a top 5 QB in the League?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AJM1613

Reaction score
TheSkaven said:
LOL sorry, I live in Philadelphia and that's all I hear. Well I tell you, this season all bets are off. He isn't a top 5 QB, but he does have a top 3 WR this year. If McNabb puts up a 57% completion percentage with less than 20 TDs this year, birds fans will not be able to use the WR card this year.

All that I have to say is I will be in Texas Stadium in November for the MNF game. I can't wait. :D
Fair enough. But TD passes don't mean anything, its how many TD his team scores. Get to the one and the team runs it, it is the same as throwing for a TD.

peacockaja

Reaction score
I fail to see how you could say Brady isn't a better QB. When it comes down to it, most people will judge a QB on the number of superbowls he's won.

AJM1613

Reaction score
JR HELFRICK said:
1 year wonder? Did not do it very long.
Only because Minnesota wanted a younger QB to take over the next year, to go with Moss.

How did McNabb do Vs. Arizona??

AJM1613

Reaction score
peacockaja said:
I fail to see how you could say Brady isn't a better QB. When it comes down to it, most people will judge a QB on the number of superbowls he's won.
Trent Dilfer is better than Dan Marino??

AJM1613

Reaction score
Q_the_man said:
Yep, he is a top 5 QB, though I hate to say it. Now he has TO, but still has no running game.

I would take Mcnabb over every QB in the league except for Maybe Manning, Vick and Mcnair....
6th best rushing game in the league last year. I Like the rest of your points.

AJM1613

Reaction score
blindzebra said:
Man, you are such a HOMER.

Brady has a better QB rating and has won 2 Super Bowls, Dilfer...average, not even close. Comparing Brady to Dilfer is like compaing McNabb to Carter.

Every QB on that list has better numbers than McNabb, so that makes them better.

If you don't like the answers, don't ask the question.
So, Kurt Warner is the best QB of all time? If stats are everything.

peacockaja

Reaction score
Marino was a great QB, so was Jim Kelly.They never won the big one. This is how a lot of people will remember them jmo. :D

AJM1613

Reaction score
peacockaja said:
Marino was a great QB, so was Jim Kelly.They never won the big one. This is how a lot of people will remember them jmo. :D
I will bet everything I own that McNabb will win the superbowl in his career. Maybe not this year, but eventually.

Bizwah

Reaction score
I voted yes.......

But I'm not sure if it means the same today, as it did ten years ago.

I see two elite QBs in pro-football right now.

Payton Manning and Steve McNair No other young QBs can match them right now.

Favre is getting older, but still putting up good numbers. I put him just a notch below Manning and McNair.

Tom Brady isn't flashy, but he wins. He doesn't have the strongest arm, or the best feet.....but he wins. He has that little something extra. I feel he has a lot of Aikman qualities.

I feel McNabb is a few steps below the other four. I think we're seeing McNabb begin to plateau, although he could surprise us with a real threat at WR. He clearly is the most dangerous runner.

Just my opinions......

chicago JK

Reaction score
This is beyond comical..

Don't bring up Super bowls to Philly fans in debates. The superbowl is a mystical, fairy tale place to most of their fans. Some believe that the Super Bowl does exist, but can't really be sure until they see one themselves. Most have been waiting a lifetime and have all but given up. LOL.

peacockaja

Reaction score
Maybe they have all the parts to do it this year. Injuries, luck, etc. all play a part

TheSkaven

Last Man Standing
Reaction score
AJM1613 said:
you don't watch too many Eagles games do you? 2nd in the NFC 2 years ago in points scored. Last 10 games last year we averaged 28 points a year.

I do watch the Eagles (and other NFC East teams), but only when the game doesn't conflict with the Cowboys. I will concede that the Eagles ended the regular season great last year. Was it 9 straight wins? But how much of that was Brian Westbrook? That kid is really good.

A better question might be, what were McNabb's numbers like once Westbrook went down? I'll tell you, a 50.8% completion rate, 2 TDs, 3 INTs, and a 58.6 quarterback rating.

My only point was that he's a West Coast offense QB and has a 57% completion percentage, which is not very good. And yes, it's only a percentage point below Quincy Carter, but I never said Quincy was a top 5 quarterback. :)

I'm sorry, unless McNabb can improve his accuracy (maybe if he works out with his teammates instead of training in Arizona) he'll never be a top 5 quarterback in this league.

Tell you what, let's wait and see how McNabb does this season. I think having Owens at WR and Westbrook at RB should eliminate any ambiguity.

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
AJM1613 said:
I will bet everything I own that McNabb will win the superbowl in his career. Maybe not this year, but eventually.

Just for my own "need to know"... just what all do you own?
wink.gif

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
QB's I'd take right now before McNubb if I were putting together a team, in no particular order:

AFC East- Tom Brady, C. Pennington
AFC North- Carson Palmer...yeah I know he hasnt played a single game yet, but the guy is an extremely talented passer and is replacing Kitna with no contest, and Kitna had a great yr last yr
AFC South- McNair, Manning, Leftwich...again, Leftwich based mroe on potential, but he is a much better passer than McNubb and has a good group of skill people around him
AFC West- Trent Green
NFC East-today I would say McNabb over any of the other NFC East guys, but Drew Henson may change that opinion sooner rather than later...far more talented pure passer
NFC South- nobody
NFC North- maybe Favre and Culpepper
NFC West- Hasselback

thats 10 guys I'd definitely take before McNabb, and maybe 11 or 12 by the time mid season rolls around

David

JR HELFRICK

Reaction score
I would like to thank Trickblue and AJM, they have kept it interesting all day. Good job !!!! I still say, take away his legs and you have a Q. Carter. Well.. mabey not that bad. He is a for sure top 15.

AJM1613

Reaction score
Bizwah said:
I voted yes.......

But I'm not sure if it means the same today, as it did ten years ago.

I see two elite QBs in pro-football right now.

Payton Manning and Steve McNair No other young QBs can match them right now.

Favre is getting older, but still putting up good numbers. I put him just a notch below Manning and McNair.

Tom Brady isn't flashy, but he wins. He doesn't have the strongest arm, or the best feet.....but he wins. He has that little something extra. I feel he has a lot of Aikman qualities.

I feel McNabb is a few steps below the other four. I think we're seeing McNabb begin to plateau, although he could surprise us with a real threat at WR. He clearly is the most dangerous runner.

Just my opinions......
I agree with Farve, Manning, and McNair. I don't think Brady is that good, that is just not how I measure player greatness. Just because the Patriots won the Superbowl last year, does that mean that Tyrone Pool is better than Champ Bailey, or Christan Fauria is better than Tony Gonzalaz, or Eugene Wilson better than Dawkins and Williams, or Antowain Smith better than Tomlinson.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
AJM1613 said:
Brady shouldn't be on that list.

LOL, don't embarrass yourself.

In three years, he has thrown for an average of 3409 yards per season. His completion percentage is right at 62%. His TD to Int ration is 23 TDs vs 12.6 Ints on average. He's the best big game QB since Troy Aikman. He doesn't choke in big games. If anything, he gets better.

On the other hand, McNabb has thrown for an average of 2914 yards per season. A average completion percentage of about 58%. His TD/INT totals over the same time frame read as follows, 19.3 TDs vs 9.6 Ints. He is not consistantly accurate and he has fallen short on 3 (or is it 4 now) NFC title games.

Brady has posted superior numbers in vertually every catogory with the exception of TD to INT ratio and in all honesty, Brady will probably be better there as well. Inlcude in those numbers for McNabb is a single season with only 6 INTs. This is not the norm for McNabb. He's certainly show far better results then McNabb. All this with basically two fewer years starting experience.

If your going to say that McNabb is a top 5 QB, then by any measurable standard, you have to say that Brady is thus far the superior QB. How can he not belong on this list?

AJM1613

Reaction score
dbair1967 said:
QB's I'd take right now before McNubb if I were putting together a team, in no particular order:

AFC East- Tom Brady, C. Pennington
AFC North- Carson Palmer...yeah I know he hasnt played a single game yet, but the guy is an extremely talented passer and is replacing Kitna with no contest, and Kitna had a great yr last yr
AFC South- McNair, Manning, Leftwich...again, Leftwich based mroe on potential, but he is a much better passer than McNubb and has a good group of skill people around him
AFC West- Trent Green
NFC East-today I would say McNabb over any of the other NFC East guys, but Drew Henson may change that opinion sooner rather than later...far more talented pure passer
NFC South- nobody
NFC North- maybe Favre and Culpepper
NFC West- Hasselback

thats 10 guys I'd definitely take before McNabb, and maybe 11 or 12 by the time mid season rolls around

David

Even you, a Cowboys fan, will think/admitt that McNabb is a top 4 QB by midseason.

Status
Not open for further replies.