Do You Think McNabb is a top 5 QB in the League?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BillsFan

Bledsoe for MVP
Reaction score
I respect McNabb but no I don't think he's one of the top 5 in the league.

1)Brady - nobody even close

2)Manning

3)McNair

4)Pennington - Doesn't get the respect yet but i'm pleased some of you guys list him.

5)Brett Favre - Not sure he's still top 5 but I like him better than the next guy.

You also could say Michael Vick, Trent Green, Hasslebeck could be considered ahead of Donavan. I'd like to say my buddy Bledsoe should be there as well but I can be unbiased in these things and agree he's probably slipped outta the top 10.

BillsFan

AJM1613

Reaction score
ABQCOWBOY said:
LOL, don't embarrass yourself.

In three years, he has thrown for an average of 3409 yards per season. His completion percentage is right at 62%. His TD to Int ration is 23 TDs vs 12.6 Ints on average. He's the best big game QB since Troy Aikman. He doesn't choke in big games. If anything, he gets better.

On the other hand, McNabb has thrown for an average of 2914 yards per season. A average completion percentage of about 58%. His TD/INT totals over the same time frame read as follows, 19.3 TDs vs 9.6 Ints. He is not consistantly accurate and he has fallen short on 3 (or is it 4 now) NFC title games.

Brady has posted superior numbers in vertually every catogory with the exception of TD to INT ratio and in all honesty, Brady will probably be better there as well. Inlcude in those numbers for McNabb is a single season with only 6 INTs. This is not the norm for McNabb. He's certainly show far better results then McNabb. All this with basically two fewer years starting experience.

If your going to say that McNabb is a top 5 QB, then by any measurable standard, you have to say that Brady is thus far the superior QB. How can he not belong on this list?
I repeat. Do you think Kurt Warner is the greatest QB of all time? I have seen every Patriots game and I have seen Brady play, he isn't that good. I watched them all two years ago, the 9-7 year, and he looked awful.

McNabb has been starting for 4 years (4 Probowl, 3 division titles, 3 playoffs).

AJM1613

Reaction score
trickblue said:
Just for my own "need to know"... just what all do you own?
wink.gif
Enough....

Az Lurker

The Lurker
Reaction score
AJM1613 said:
Okay...

Manning: Yes.
Brady: No not nearly as good, a Trent Dilfer, average.
McNair: Yes.
Farve: Yes.
Pennington: No way!
Cullpepper: About the same stats as McNabb, more Ints. Great offense.
Trent Green: Pass me some of that s***.

How can you put Green on that list and not Hasselback?

sorry, just forgot Hasselback, and as for Trent Green...look at some of the numbers he put up in games, how many games over 300 yards did he have last season, and aside from Gonzales his recieving core is quite ordinary.

AJM1613

Reaction score
BillsFan said:
I respect McNabb but no I don't think he's one of the top 5 in the league.

1)Brady - nobody even close

2)Manning

3)McNair

4)Pennington - Doesn't get the respect yet but i'm pleased some of you guys list him.

5)Brett Favre - Not sure he's still top 5 but I like him better than the next guy.

You also could say Michael Vick, Trent Green, Hasslebeck could be considered ahead of Donavan. I'd like to say my buddy Bledsoe should be there as well but I can be unbiased in these things and agree he's probably slipped outta the top 10.

BillsFan
He is the 4th best. Take Pennington and Brady off the list and you will be good. You could not say Trent Green, Bledsoe, or Vick(maybe next year, but not now).

BillsFan

Bledsoe for MVP
Reaction score
AJM1613 said:
He is the 4th best. Take Pennington and Brady off the list and you will be good. You could not say Trent Green, Bledsoe, or Vick(maybe next year, but not now).

It's kinda funny how you break down every response you get.

No my list is fine and THAT is my opinion whether you like it or not.

Mcnabb is a good QB but he can't carry Tom Brady's jock strap. McNabb hasn't lead the Eagles to anything. It's about achievements on the football field and until McNabb leads Philly to a championship he'll just be another guy running around out there throwing balls in the dirt.

BillsFan

Az Lurker

The Lurker
Reaction score
Brady is absolutly one of the best QB's right now, to argue otherwise is pretty silly. Pennington is also the most accurate passer since Aikman, possibly since Montana, when he's running the show the Jets are contenders, when he's out, they can't win.

McNabb is good, top 10 when healthy, but he's still overrated (though less so then Vick), and chokes in the big games whe he's needed most

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
AJM1613 said:
Can I ask you a question? Why do you feel that your opinions are valid and no one else's are. I'll take Brady over McNabb any day. Does that make me wrong? No, it means that is my opinion. How do you get to vote yourself judge of right and wrong opinions? Does it come with a little stamp like a Notary Public? Shouldn't you put that in your sig line if you have it? I mean, how else will we know?

blindzebra

Reaction score
AJM1613 said:
I repeat. Do you think Kurt Warner is the greatest QB of all time? I have seen every Patriots game and I have seen Brady play, he isn't that good. I watched them all two years ago, the 9-7 year, and he looked awful.

McNabb has been starting for 4 years (4 Probowl, 3 division titles, 3 playoffs).

In 2002 Brady completed 62%, had 3700 yards, 28 TDs and only 14 INTs. I'd take that kind of awful.

You are a freakin troll, now go away!

TheSkaven

Last Man Standing
Reaction score
ABQCOWBOY said:
On the other hand, McNabb has thrown for an average of 2914 yards per season. A average completion percentage of about 58%. His TD/INT totals over the same time frame read as follows, 19.3 TDs vs 9.6 Ints. He is not consistantly accurate and he has fallen short on 3 (or is it 4 now) NFC title games.

Excellent response. AJM, he's showing some homerism and that's fine, we've all done that ourselves. But the number do not lie.

A 57% completion percentage in the west coast offense, worse than Carter's last year?? Well that's because he has no receivers, you see. :)

Only 16 TDs last year, 17 the year before! Well, that's because of INJURIES, you see.

But Tom Brady, who arguably plays in the best division in football, leads his team on a 14 game winning stream, possesses 2 superbowl titles, threw for more yards, has more touchdowns, a better completion percentage by 6% and he's not top 5? That's a joke.

And, by the way, who are Brady's receivers? Deion Branch? Troy Brown? WHO? And Antowain Smith is sure as heck no Brian Westbrook.

OK /endrant

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
AJM1613 said:

I believe the best QB I've ever seen is Montana. Do you know why? Montana meet the challange. The bigger the game, the better he was. I could put his numbers up against anybodies and they would compare but really, you play this game to win championships, not to go to Probowls, win division titles or get to the playoffs. That's the problem with Philly, they miss the big picture.

For the record, you can take games played and match stats with Brady or you can go off the last three years or really any way you want to look at it and he's still a more productive player then McNabb.

When you get right down to it, the only stat that matters is SuperBowl wins. Brady 2, McNabb 0

EOS

BillsFan

Bledsoe for MVP
Reaction score
TheSkaven said:
Excellent response. AJM, he's showing some homerism and that's fine, we've all done that ourselves. But the number do not lie.

A 57% completion percentage in the west coast offense, worse than Carter's last year?? Well that's because he has no receivers, you see. :)

Only 16 TDs last year, 17 the year before! Well, that's because of INJURIES, you see.

But Tom Brady, who arguably plays in the best division in football, leads his team on a 14 game winning stream, possesses 2 superbowl titles, threw for more yards, has more touchdowns, a better completion percentage by 6% and he's not top 5? That's a joke.

And, by the way, who are Brady's receivers? Deion Branch? Troy Brown? WHO? And Antowain Smith is sure as heck no Brian Westbrook.

OK /endrant

Excellent Post.

You know I wish I could somehow stick Brady and New England in the NFC EAST and i'll take McNabb and the Eagles over here in the AFC EAST.

sigh..

JR HELFRICK

Reaction score
Hostile said:
Can I ask you a question? Why do you feel that your opinions are valid and no one else's are. I'll take Brady over McNabb any day. Does that make me wrong? No, it means that is my opinion. How do you get to vote yourself judge of right and wrong opinions? Does it come with a little stamp like a Notary Public? Shouldn't you put that in your sig line if you have it? I mean, how else will we know?

Very well said. I, myself do not like a scrambling QB, so my opion is not going to be very high. Not becouse he is an Eagle, just becouse I like pocket passers. He is very effective in his playing style. Just not my type QB. Does not make me wrong.

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This has quickly become a Cowboys/Eagles board and it sucks quite frankly.

JR HELFRICK

Reaction score
10 years from now... Marino, Kelly, Mcnabb,.... All great QB'S, but NO Superbowl wins.

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
JR HELFRICK said:
10 years from now... Marino, Kelly, Mcnabb,.... All great QB'S, but NO Superbowl wins.

How do you really feel Junior...

Derinyar

Reaction score
Manning, McNair, Farve(past accomplishments and ability to dominate a game), Brady, Pennington, Vick, and Hassleback. Right now I would take any of those above McNabb. I would also consider Eli Manning, Big Ben, and Ramsey. The primary purpose of a QB is to distribute the ball via the pass, McNabbs weak spot as a QB. McNabb is a good QB, would love to have him here as opposed to QC, but not at that contract.

McNabb is a better passer than when he came into the league, but when his legs leave him, hes going to go quickly to being one of the worst QB's in the league. Accuracy isn't up to snuff.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Sarge said:
This has quickly become a Cowboys/Eagles board and it sucks quite frankly.
I tend to agree. I think that maybe this belongs in the other forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.