Do you think S Tyree Robinson can take advantage of this opportunity?

Billyd

Reaction score
The reason why we have been either screaming about Woods or example That guy from cinn is because we realized Stephen probably would drop the ball, because he is good at that..I SAID originally that I thought One of the Udfas would make the team, that was before Woods went down, and Even then i thought we needed a vet safety...I still think that..If you are the GM and You put yourself in tbe position of thinking that a UDFA is going to meet the depth needs for safety in the NFL, You would get fired...Stephen is just fing up..Dont over think it!

sbark

Reaction score
I'd like to see what he can do in extended time. Woods didnt exactly earn the starting spot, Stephen & Co. preselected him as the starter.
Should've kept woods as slot corner...was doing very well there last half 2017

Billyd

Reaction score
I dont have a problem with Woods@FS.. And Woods did play slot safety okay in a learning year, Getting hurt is not a reason..

cern

Reaction score
it can be amazing that two weeks playing with the number ones does for a players confidence and ability. especially if he's receiving a lot of coaching.

J-man

Reaction score
He has a chance to make the team. We will see if he develops.

Sydla

Reaction score
I'd like to see what he can do in extended time. Woods didnt exactly earn the starting spot, Stephen & Co. preselected him as the starter.

Oh so now Woods didn’t earn a spot?

It’s hilarious the lengths people will go to prop up pet cats. LOL.

Sydla

Reaction score
true but it's best common denominator we have - there's not enough pro tape to evaluate

It’s the worst denominator.

Because what they did on college tape from a year ago or longer has no bearing at this point on how they are playing now.

I never realized Robinson had such a fan club.

The Natural

Reaction score
Oh so now Woods didn’t earn a spot?

It’s hilarious the lengths people will go to prop up pet cats. LOL.
First of all joker I dont have any "pet cats". Second, no, Woods didnt earn the starting S spot. He took most of his reps out of the slot last year and Stephen annointed him the starter over the summer. Im not anti-Woods and Im not pro-Robinson, Im just stating facts but I guess you were too sensitive to see that.

Sydla

Reaction score
First of all joker I dont have any "pet cats". Second, no, Woods didnt earn the starting S spot. He took most of his reps out of the slot last year and Stephen annointed him the starter over the summer. Im not anti-Woods and Im not pro-Robinson, Im just stating facts but I guess you were too sensitive to see that.

What you said wasn’t “fact”.

There’s your first problem.

You guessed Stephen Jones started woods which i guess means Kris Richard has little say in who starts...... and that if Robinson was indeed better they would still bench him for Woods (or worse, not even put such a good player on the 53 man roster since Robinson is one of those guys fighting for a last roster spot).

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
ALEXANDER i dont think the base realizes that Stephen didnt consider it need enough to draft one...or draft another olineman, or the biggest thing, actually pick up some players in fa or trade that will fill the holes...

Nor do I consider Martin, the guard on Ir or Flemming depth.. Flemming doesnt do anything to prove that either...Stephen tried to cover his butt for screwing up last year...see chaz green!

But they did draft players to fill holes and picked up free agents as well. Those guys maybe aren't working out to what they thought but they still attempted to boost those positions.

The only position we did not add either draft pick or free agent was safety.

Sydla

Reaction score
Everything I said was a fact stanley. If it wasnt you would've offered the truth.

So it’s “fact” that Stephen Jones made Woods the starter. In other words, he pulled Marinelli and Richard aside and informed them they have no choice, Woods will be their starting FS?

gmoney112

Reaction score
I've been looking for notes of him in camp reports, he was out of Oregon and had a nice college career. Physically what you want, good measurables, more of a center fielder type. Can get the football. Needs to put on some good weight though.

Oregon played him in different spots, and he's got the frame we like, playing FS or even CB. Thats helpful. He's a willing tackler, if he plays STs he has a shot.

He's going to get his chance though. I'd like to see him make the bottom of the roster as a depth FS that could really step in basically anywhere in nickel if really needed, playing STs and providing some depth there with intriguing potential if he puts on good weight over the next 2-3 years, Richards coaching him.

And no, he's not as good as Woods right now. Ha ha ha. Good one.

blueblood70

Reaction score
So it’s “fact” that Stephen Jones made Woods the starter. In other words, he pulled Marinelli and Richard aside and informed them they have no choice, Woods will be their starting FS?
Fans that think that are dillusional. Coaches make these decisions. Gm get the groceries coaches cook the meal. The only exceptions ive ever seen with this is in a situation wghere say Wen romo could have came back and played in 16 i can see where they all had a meeting and argued who should start..Im sure Jerry and Stephen may have been lobbying for Romo but Daks play just shut that down...

The coaches play the best players they see these guys 13 hours a day in practice and break down tape..they aren’t playing players who are worse for those better sitting on the bench..thats assanine. It’s not true..is it splitting hairs sure picking the best of the worst is not their fault that does go back to buying bad grocery’s lol

Sydla

Reaction score
Fans that think that are dillusional. Coaches make these decisions. Gm get the groceries coaches cook the meal. The only exceptions ive ever seen with this is in a situation wghere say Wen romo could have came back and played in 16 i can see where they all had a meeting and argued who should start..Im sure Jerry and Stephen may have been lobbying for Romo but Daks play just shut that down...

The coaches play the best players they see these guys 13 hours a day in practice and break down tape..they aren’t playing players who are worse for those better sitting on the bench..thats assanine. It’s not true..is it splitting hairs sure picking the best of the worst is not their fault that does go back to buying bad grocery’s lol

Totally agree.

This isn't to disparage Robinson, who I hope surprises and develops and makes this roster, but Woods is the starter at FS because he was the best FS. Shoot, it appears that if Woods is a longer term issue, it won't even be Robinson starting in place of him.......... it would be Heath. And then Garrett went on about how the guy they signed off the street in Johnson can play deep safety as well.

So right now it appears Robinson is viewed as nothing more than a developmental guy by this staff.