Do you think S Tyree Robinson can take advantage of this opportunity?

gmoney112

Reaction score
Totally agree.

This isn't to disparage Robinson, who I hope surprises and develops and makes this roster, but Woods is the starter at FS because he was the best FS. Shoot, it appears that if Woods is a longer term issue, it won't even be Robinson starting in place of him.......... it would be Heath. And then Garrett went on about how the guy they signed off the street in Johnson can play deep safety as well.

So right now it appears Robinson is viewed as nothing more than a developmental guy by this staff.

Could end up PS material

Number1

Reaction score
Totally agree.

This isn't to disparage Robinson, who I hope surprises and develops and makes this roster, but Woods is the starter at FS because he was the best FS. Shoot, it appears that if Woods is a longer term issue, it won't even be Robinson starting in place of him.......... it would be Heath. And then Garrett went on about how the guy they signed off the street in Johnson can play deep safety as well.

So right now it appears Robinson is viewed as nothing more than a developmental guy by this staff.

come G1 it's likely Heath at FS and Frazier at SS, + Woods and Robinson

CowboyRoy

Reaction score

Sydla

Reaction score
come G1 it's likely Heath at FS and Frazier at SS, + Woods and Robinson

If Woods is healthy, he's the starting FS. If he's not, Heath is the starter.

Robinson might not even make the 53. I suspect if Jeron Johnson shows anything in the next few weeks, they'll take him as a backup safety because he played for Richard and Robinson will be stashed on the practice squad.

The Natural

Reaction score
Totally agree.

He's the starter at FS because he was the only option. They didnt push for an upgrade early in the draft, they werent cocerned with adding anybody in FA. Again, it was predetermined he was going to be the guy.

Sydla

Reaction score
He's the starter at FS because he was the only option. They didnt push for an upgrade early in the draft, they werent cocerned with adding anybody in FA. Again, it was predetermined he was going to be the guy.

Because they felt he was a good enough FS.

This isn't rocket science here. You spun a conspiracy that Jones essentially forced Woods on Richard and Marinelli. That's false.

Woods was deemed to be the starting FS because Richard and Marinelli believed he could be our starting FS. It also doesn't mean that if an opportunity presents itself to get better (cough, cough, Thomas), they wouldn't still take it.

Robinson is a backup, developmental guy. He's not a threat to Woods and he certainly isn't getting some sort of raw deal here where he might be better than Woods but because Stephen Jones forced Woods to start at FS, Robinson isn't getting a fair shake.

The Natural

Reaction score
Because they felt he was a good enough FS.

This isn't rocket science here. You spun a conspiracy that Jones essentially forced Woods on Richard and Marinelli. That's false.

Woods was deemed to be the starting FS because Richard and Marinelli believed he could be our starting FS. It also doesn't mean that if an opportunity presents itself to get better (cough, cough, Thomas), they wouldn't still take it.

Robinson is a backup, developmental guy. He's not a threat to Woods and he certainly isn't getting some sort of raw deal here where he might be better than Woods but because Stephen Jones forced Woods to start at FS, Robinson isn't getting a fair shake.
Lol, you made it a conspiracy. I was one of the only people here calling for Woods to get Byron's reps last year. I didnt say Robinson was getting a raw deal did I?

Sydla

Reaction score
Lol, you made it a conspiracy. I was one of the only people here calling for Woods to get Byron's reps last year. I didnt say Robinson was getting a raw deal did I?

It's the premise of this thread - that Robinson is somehow being slighted for Woods and then you jumped in backing the suggestion that Robinson get a chance because "Woods was given the starting job by Stephen".

Woods was given the starting job because Richard and Marinelli wanted him as the starting FS. It's really that simple.

The Natural

Reaction score
It's the premise of this thread - that Robinson is somehow being slighted for Woods and then you jumped in backing the suggestion that Robinson get a chance because "Woods was given the starting job by Stephen".

Woods was given the starting job because Richard and Marinelli wanted him as the starting FS. It's really that simple.
I said I'd like to see what he can do in extended time, its really that simple. But I guess that offended you so you ran in with the cape

giphy.gif

As I said stanley, Im not anti one guy or pro another. But I open to seeing what each is capable of doing for myself.

Sydla

Reaction score
I said I'd like to see what he can do in extended time, its really that simple. But I guess that offended you so you ran in with the cape

giphy.gif

LOL.

You didn't just say you'd like to see what Robinson does in extended time. You stated Woods didn't really earn the starting spot, essentially Woods' claim to the starting job was likely illegitimate because he only had the job because Stephen forced him upon the team as the starting FS.

The Natural

Reaction score
LOL. You didn't just say you'd like to see what Robinson does in extended time. You started your post by basically stating Woods' claim to the starting job was illegitimate because he only had the job because Stephen forced him upon the team as the starting FS.
Actually I started my post by saying "I'd like to see what he can do in extended time". Read it again stanley

Sydla

Reaction score
Actually I started my post by saying "I'd like to see what he can do in extended time". Read it again stanley

Sorry, I flipped your sentences. Doesn't change the point.

You didn't just say you wanted to see Robinson play more. You also essentially said Woods was an illegitimate starter at FS because he was just given the job by Jones.

Your own words, Stanley.

TexasHillbilly

Reaction score
Honestly?

No.

And no, he’s probably not better than Woods at FS. Oy.
What the injury? Hamstring? Hopefully he will be able to play when the season starts...hopefully. They better have someone on standby. Wonder if Seattle has anybody that is looking for a job. :laugh:

The Natural

Reaction score
Sorry, I flipped your sentences. Doesn't change the point.

You didn't just say you wanted to see Robinson play more. You also essentially said Woods was an illegitimate starter at FS because he was just given the job by Jones.

Your own words, Stanley.
He was given the job stanley. Im still pulling for the best man, whoever that may be, Im not against either. And im not mad or going on a crusade at the people who dont share that view

Sydla

Reaction score
He was given the job stanley. Im still pulling for the best man, whoever that may be, Im not against either. And im not mad or going on a crusade at the people who dont share that view

Because he earned the job and the coaches wanted him as the starting FS.

He was not given the job because Stephen Jones ruled from his golden throne that Woods had to be the starting FS no matter what. My issue with you is the idea that Woods didn't earn his slot and that he only has a starting job because Jones forced him upon the coaches.

Don't get upset that someone called you out on that.

The Natural

Reaction score
Because he earned the job and the coaches wanted him as the starting FS.

He was not given the job because Stephen Jones ruled from his golden throne that Woods had to be the starting FS no matter what. My issue with you is the idea that Woods didn't earn his slot and that he only has a starting job because Jones forced him upon the coaches.

Don't get upset that someone called you out on that.
He was given the job stanley. I dont care what your "issue" with me is, take it with you and keep it moving

Sydla

Reaction score
He was given the job stanley. I dont care what your "issue" with me is, take it with you and keep it moving

Using that logic, a lot of players are given a starting spot and don't earn them. Conor Williams didn't earn his spot. He was given it. Has Jaylon Smith "earned" a starting spot. They made him the starter at LB before camp even started as well. Byron Jones, didn't earn his new starting CB spot. He was given it in July when they announced he was going to be moved to CB from S.

Man, Stephen Jones forcing all these starters on the coaches!

The Natural

Reaction score
Using that logic, a lot of players are given a starting spot and don't earn them. Conor Williams didn't earn his spot. He was given it. Has Jaylon Smith "earned" a starting spot. They made him the starter at LB before camp even started as well. Byron Jones, didn't earn his new starting CB spot. He was given it in July when they announced he was going to be moved to CB from S.

Man, Stephen Jones forcing all these starters on the coaches!
That way stanley