Do you think the Cowboys should look to lock up Gallup?

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I realize his deal saves them more money than others. That’s what I realize.
His deal can very easily be renegotiated to significantly lower his cap hits. And with his guaranteed portion up soon, he will be motivated to do so

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I asked a question that you arent answering. What moves did they make that you think that Lamb will be the only one of the current top 3 WR's left after next season

I mentioned this earlier. They drafted Fehoko and have shown an unusually high interest in UDFA’s for a team that already has so many receivers. Why? Likely because they see the same big changes in 2022 that I do.

But feel free to dismiss that.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
His deal can very easily be renegotiated to significantly lower his cap hits. And with his guaranteed portion up soon, he will be motivated to do so

Or they can cut him as I mentioned. Sorry if this possibility is upsetting for you.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I mentioned this earlier. They drafted Fehoko and have shown an unusually high interest in UDFA’s for a team that already has so many receivers. Why? Likely because they see the same big changes in 2022 that I do.

But feel free to dismiss that.
Ya big changes to their 4th and 5th spots, with Wilson and Brown only tendered for 1 year

Those moves aren't relevant to the top 3. Those are guys that are fringe roster spots, PS players until proven otherwise. If they intended on replacing 2 or their 3 starters in 2022, they would have drafted someone much higher than the 5th round

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Or they can cut him as I mentioned. Sorry if this possibility is upsetting for you.
Its not upsetting. You just arent making any sense. Why would you cut a productive WR that you will be able to pay below market value for. Coopers cap hits if he renegotiates will like between 15 to 17 million per. That's cheap for a #1 caliber WR

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Ya big changes to their 4th and 5th spots, with Wilson and Brown only tendered for 1 year

Those moves aren't relevant to the top 3. Those are guys that are fringe roster spots, PS players until proven otherwise. If they intended on replacing 2 or their 3 starters in 2022, they would have drafted someone much higher than the 5th round

Thanks for providing your opinion. And nothing more.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Its not upsetting. You just arent making any sense. Why would you cut a productive WR that you will be able to pay below market value for. Coopers cap hits if he renegotiates will like between 15 to 17 million per. That's cheap for a #1 caliber WR

No it isn’t. And this team has kicked the can down the road on enough contracts already. I don’t expect them to do it yet again. They need to clear up a lot of cap space to get under the 2022 cap. Cutting Smith and Cooper is the most effective way to get there without gutting the team. And that’s what I expect them to do.

Feel free to believe otherwise.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Depends on the price but WRs are becoming a dime a dozen so no is my initial thought on the matter.
Only because there are a few like Metcalf, Claypool that come out occasionally doesnt mean WRs are a dime a dozen.
Quality WRs like Gallup are not as expendable and replaceable as some may think

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
No it isn’t. And this team has kicked the can down the road on enough contracts already. I don’t expect them to do it yet again. They need to clear up a lot of cap space to get under the 2022 cap. Cutting Smith and Cooper is the most effective way to get there without gutting the team. And that’s what I expect them to do.

Feel free to believe otherwise.
Expect renegotiating Coopers contract isnt "kicking the can". You kicking money into future years, you are adding more guarenteed money to the existing deal, while reducing caps hits.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Only because there are a few like Metcalf, Claypool that come out occasionally doesnt mean WRs are a dime a dozen.
Quality WRs like Gallup are not as expendable and replaceable as some may think

He’s very expendable.

The draft is full of quality WRs year in and year out for several years now as well as discounts in FA.

Gallup comes with the Cowboy Tax where he costs more than he shoul.

He’s a really good WR but unless he turns into a monster, which he won’t, he needs to be replaced unless the money is right.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Sorry that you don’t like the answers. I gave my reasoning. Numerous times. Nothing has to be justified to you.
Doesnt change the fact that you are unable to adequately defend your position. You never explained why late round picks and UDFA's are to be expected to become starters after just 1 season

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Expect renegotiating Coopers contract isnt "kicking the can". You kicking money into future years, you are adding more guarenteed money to the existing deal, while reducing caps hits.

137083758-f-minus-f-grade-on-notebook-paper-sheet-with-math-operation-incorrectly-solved-close-up-.jpg

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
He’s very expendable.

The draft is full of quality WRs year in and year out for several years now as well as discounts in FA.

Gallup comes with the Cowboy Tax where he costs more than he shoul.

He’s a really good WR but unless he turns into a monster, which he won’t, he needs to be replaced unless the money is right.
Just glad we have all three at the moment,, will be a huge asset that should be utilized and would be nice to see this season.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Doesnt change the fact that you are unable to adequately defend your position. You never explained why late round picks and UDFA's are to be expected to become starters after just 1 season

I’m done trying to ‘explain’ anything to you. I’ve already wasted enough time. You don’t decide what’s “adequate “. You don’t like my opinion or the potential consequences. That’s too bad.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I’m done trying to ‘explain’ anything to you. I’ve already wasted enough time. You don’t decide what’s “adequate “. You don’t like my opinion or the potential consequences. That’s too bad.
If you could explain, you would. But you cant.

In no universe is drafting a WR in the 5th round and signing some UDFA's a sign that the team is planning on moving on from not one, but two starting WR's the following season. Thats an absolutely ridiculous conclusion. Have you actually considered that Simi is the only one with a legitimate shot at the roster?