Do you trust MM late game management?

Jarntt

Reaction score
Absolutely not. McCarthy's clock management has been atrocious since he has been here. His game management (such as FG vs Punt vs go for it) isn't much better but nowhere near as poor as his clock management

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
I think passing the ball to get closer to a 1st down was ok, the way CeeDee was getting open. But that particular play was a low percentage pass.
Try something over the middle for a modest gain.

Was it a miscommunication or not, who knows.
Yes. He didn't throw anyone under the bus, but I interpreted it as the play was blown in his communication to Dak. Defense was what he was looking for when he called it, ran wrong routes. And reason he gave was because as @Aven8 pointed out above and no one else trashing Coach Mac is pointing out, the running game is in trouble. We are now at the point where RBs are getting stuff BEHIND line. That doesn't help anyone.

mrmojo

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
How many seconds were run off from the time of the interception to the field goal? I believe it was less than a minute and Detroit still had a time out left....idk but clock management in that situation had something to be desired.

Hadenough

Reaction score
I don't trust his clock management at all. But I'm more worried about having this team prepared mentally to compete in a tough playoff game.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
Weight management.....clock management....Makes you wonder what his checking account looks like...

:omg:

It's life skills....some people have them....other???? Let's just say...he's probably peaked

Mannix

Reaction score
Bootlickers like Babe Laughable have no problem with Corky throwing last Saturday instead of running clock....he said so this morning on 105.3 The Fan....unbelievable. Corky is a fraud and a conman who should have been fired immediately following the first SF playoff defeat.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
I would challenge those who didn't like his clock management to break it down and show us what he did wrong and why. And prove to me we have the offensive players to support your execution. Just want to know if it's more "following the media crowd" talking out of the butt, or they really know what he's doing wrong. I heard Big Mac's explanation why he did what he did in his PC, and made sense to me.
That's the thing. Any one decision can be explained away ..... but too many to just be differences of opinion.

mmohican29

Reaction score
Two ill-advised, low percentage passes called late in the game vs Seattle and Detroit gave our opponents an extra 40-45 seconds to come down and score and beat us. We were fortunate to win both games.
No. I do not.

Pass2Run

Reaction score
Meh, I'm done doubting McCarthy. I always knew he was a great general manager. It was details and scheme I wondered about. He's proven himself to me. I do hope he takes preparation seriously and thoroughly consults with experts to identify weaknesses and potential scenarios that could come up.

MM isn't perfect, but he's definitely no slouch. No matter how the season ends, I want him back next year. I think he's worked wonders with Dak this year.

MRV52

rat2k8
Reaction score
He needs to be removed from clock management. Let Brian S handle it.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Again, Mike didn't "call" for that pass. Dak ignored a wide open Ferguson underneath, which is where the ball was supposed to go.

Dak admitted he made the mistake in the PC.

I wish people would educate themselves before repeating these narratives, but they seem to have little interest in doing so.
Exactly. He missed a wide open Gallup in the middle of the field also. No one with 8 yards.

DripTooHard

Reaction score
Two ill-advised, low percentage passes called late in the game vs Seattle and Detroit gave our opponents an extra 40-45 seconds to come down and score and beat us. We were fortunate to win both games.
Do I trust him in late game situations? Hell to the no!

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
Mac's kryptonite is clock management.

Carter

Reaction score
Always been his weak side even in GB. Rodgers covered a lot of this stuff up with changing the play presnap.

But he proved he is a good game manager and more often than not was right. This Team is having back-to-back 12-5 seasons and the QB is playing on MVP Level under his scheme after the dropdown last season.

Now he has to prove that he can get a team ready for a playoff run. This worries me more than the Clock Management right now as the Cowboys again seem to be on the downside on form just like last year going into the playoffs.

Starforever

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
He may forget at times that he is not in Green Bay, and that he is working with different personnel, but he is one of the best coaches in the NFL.

Sydla

Reaction score
It’s funny because clock management subjective. There’s not one way to call a game. It changes with personnel. People are getting on Campbell for going for it but that’s what works for his team.
Throwing a low success rate fade pass against Seattle when they had no timeouts left was absolutely a dumb call. It worked out because we turned the ball over on the next drive but McCarthy had a chance to run 40+ seconds off the clock with Seattle out of TOs and instead throws a low success rate fade.

That's not a smart decision. McCarthy has taken heat multiple times, including in GB, for bad decision making at the end of the game.

Saying clock management is "subjective" is just cover for McCarthy. He's not the best at end of game situations. He just isn't.