Do you trust MM late game management?

conner01

Reaction score
Two ill-advised, low percentage passes called late in the game vs Seattle and Detroit gave our opponents an extra 40-45 seconds to come down and score and beat us. We were fortunate to win both games.
I don’t think anyone does. But it’s like Andy Reid, that’s always an issue. I don’t think replacing him is the answer but maybe get him someone in his ear helping with those issues

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Throwing a low success rate fade pass against Seattle when they had no timeouts left was absolutely a dumb call. It worked out because we turned the ball over on the next drive but McCarthy had a chance to run 40+ seconds off the clock with Seattle out of TOs and instead throws a low success rate fade.

That's not a smart decision. McCarthy has taken heat multiple times, including in GB, for bad decision making at the end of the game.

Saying clock management is "subjective" is just cover for McCarthy. He's not the best at end of game situations. He just isn't.
It is subjective because you guys consider good clock management to be what YOU would do. To me bad clock management is just having no awareness of what you’re doing or what your personnel is. McCarthy knows what he’s doing when he does what he does. He didn’t accidentally pass after the tripping call he did it on purpose.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I’d love to hear people even define what “clock management” is lol….people are just regurgitating what they’ve heard others say lol.

75boyz

Reaction score
I don't trust a lot of his early game end of half management either.
So, that's a NO for me.

CyberB0b

Village Idiot
Reaction score
Not at all. He fooled Jerry into thinking he’s an analytics guy, but he’s an idiot.

silver

Reaction score
MM mental farts will happen. The thing is our QB needs to audible out of some these imbecile calls. So it's on both of them when this happens.

blueblood70

Reaction score
It is subjective because you guys consider good clock management to be what YOU would do. To me bad clock management is just having no awareness of what you’re doing or what your personnel is. McCarthy knows what he’s doing when he does what he does. He didn’t accidentally pass after the tripping call he did it on purpose.
:hammer:

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
Two ill-advised, low percentage passes called late in the game vs Seattle and Detroit gave our opponents an extra 40-45 seconds to come down and score and beat us. We were fortunate to win both games.
Not at all!
Seems to be his biggest weakness as Coach.